Reviews for HoND: Les Fleurs du Mal
Bloody.Kirai chapter 14 . 12/29/2010
Hmm. Good plot. Good story. It's wonderful; though you should fix the whole double b's while spelling babies thing, it's the most noticeable flaw in the story from what I gather though it doesn't make it any less interesting. You make your reader want to read more and honestly if you enjoyed writing the story it's all that really matters, hm?
Januarysixth chapter 14 . 10/14/2008
I stayed up until 5am reading this one. Normally I don't think I would have, but I am in LOVE with the Vicomtesse. There's something super appealing about a cold, cruel, and beautiful woman in control. And o the very subtle sexual tension between Herli and the Belladonna that one time! Not gonna lie, I wish they had, even though it'd be completely out of their character and ruin the story. Ah well, a girl can dream ;D

Overall I can see why this one's your favorite among your Hunchback series.

p.s. lolz at the Red Bull Tavern. Even though it was likely unintentional.
yoohoo77 chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
This poem of Charles Baudelaire is a great choice for your fic.

You have an increadibly good comprehension of the poem, I mean I'm french and many of my classmates don't have a clue of what he means. So, great fic.
Forestwater chapter 5 . 2/2/2008
this one's a little dry, but it wasn't too terribly so.

don't have much to say about this one . . . sorry.
Forestwater chapter 4 . 2/2/2008
"gypsy lover extraordinaire," huh? there's a nickname i wish i could use in everyday life. too bad i don't KNOW any gypsy lover extraordinaires . . . or have them notice me enough for me to use that nickname. *sighs*

*reads the whore line and snaps fingers*

Oh no you didn't!

yeah, beat him up, clopin, pound his face into his ass . . .

ew, herli's scary (i need a thesaurus; i use the word scary too much. it's SCARY). she LIKES watching people get beaten up?

well, i suppose she has the right. it's still a little alarming. however, that kind of flaw keeps herli from becoming a mary-sue. there should always be things about a character that make you think, "damn, (s)he's a jerk." so it's all good.

belladonna's a SLUT! *laughs insanely* fooling around with a preist and being a bitch besides? that's like triple hell or something. i don't know what i'm saying anymore . . . wait, did she ever do anything with him/ i can't really tell from the letter . . . it doesn't seem like frollo's type. it seems like belladonna's type, though.
Forestwater chapter 3 . 2/2/2008
"Herli, you have once again astounded me with your idiocy."

ah. it's that kind of line that makes me love him so much - combining the "i'm so pissed" with the weary affection that sounds so adorable. yes, i'm weird. deal with it.

. . . oh, and the puppet. how can you not love a guy who works with a puppet?

i hate the noblewoman i hate her hate her hate her. SHE SUCKS! i'm gonna beat her with a pancake. DUN DUN DUN!
Forestwater chapter 2 . 2/2/2008

oh, i'm gonna kill that son-of-a-bitch and his mistress for hurting him! no wonder herli was pissed.

i liked this quote:

"Usually, when pandering to the nobility, Clopin performed a rather generous mix of the childish and the lewd"

it just seems so like him. and it has . . . not really a descriptiveness, but a way about it that you can really picture it, adn the words kind of have this rhythm. it's so cool.
Forestwater chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
this one's a little slow, but still worth reading. there's a little struggling through the dry bits, but every story has that . . .
Bardess of Avon chapter 14 . 1/18/2008
Wow. That. Was. Amazing!

I couldn't tear my eyes away from this! You, madam, are truly gifted. This is perhaps my favorite (other than Herlikin, of course). The introduction of the Vicomtesse, her coldness, and Rossignol's affection for her created one of the most entrancing plots I've read in a long time.

Now that I've sung my praises, I must sleep so that I won't fall over tomorrow.