Reviews for Chances
aldehyde chapter 4 . 3/11/2008
i just read the entire thing in one sitting and i can't wait to find out what happens next! PLEASE PLEASE update soon! rose is infuriating [although i understand her actions] and scorpius...awh, he is just way too adorable ;)so yes, update please!
ChaoticxTheoreticals chapter 4 . 2/25/2008
Okay. I'm going to attempt to give you a nice, in-depth review because that's what every author wants, right? :]

Anyway. So I just read the first four chapters, and loved them. Though I do think I have some things to critique on.

Albus and Scorpius' friendship - Seeing as their families totally hate each other, maybe a memory of how they became friends? Because they had to have judged each other when they first met. It would be cool if you told some kind of catalyst that would have started a friendship. You know? I was just curious, and thinking, 'How did they BECOME friends?'. I do like how Albus is subtly playing matchmaker, it's cute.

Scorpius in general - I like him, but with Draco and Lucius as father and grandfather, I would think he would have quite a bit of pride still, and would also have trouble apologizing. I just think he's a bit too nice, I would love to see Scorpius and Rose butt heads more, even if they're not actually angry. Like when you debate with a good friend. You don't have the same opinions, but it's not an argument because you're not really angry or trying to hurt the other. They just seem the intelligent types to do that.

Rose in general - She IS a bit bitchy. Though I can understand having difficulty understanding she's wrong, and charging it like a bull than accepting it. Because what I think you've set up, is that she has a reputation among her friends for never giving in, accepting defeat, or saying sorry/that she's wrong. So I think she might feel that if she does accept Scorpius is changed, her friends will give her hell for it, intentionally or unintentionally? That's just my guess. It would be funny if she and Scorpius kept a more secret relationship, and someone like Albus or something stumbles in on them. I think that would be better than a big reveal, because for her I think it wouldn't provide as much of the strife. Plus, if it were James or Lily or something, she would have an ally to back her up if people DO start giving her hell.

Minor characters - What I really like to see in next generation or Marauders stories, is the last names of the parents or the children. I like seeing little Easter eggs. Like maybe Christian's last name is Zabini. Or Rose could have a friend outside her family like May, whose last name could be Longbottom. Or someone less recognizable, like MacMillan or Bones. I personally just adore little things like that and would like to see more of them in your stories.

Professors - Where are all the professors? I miss McGonagall's tough love and Flitwick's adorable-ness! I would also think the kids would be hanging out with Hagrid, as an old friend of their father's. Or perhaps who are the new teachers for DatDA, or Potions. Just throwing out ideas.

The Old Generation - What does Harry think of Albus being best friends' with his enemy's son? Just little parental stuff thrown in. It could describe Harry and Ron's first reaction to Scorpius, especially Ron since Rose and Scorp end up together.

Quidditch - It's a little thing, but I found myself wondering what positions they all played. It would be interesting if Rose and Scorpius were both Seekers, or both Chasers.

Hahah. I'm probably forgetting some things, but if I remember them I will post them next chapter. But I do really like your story. It provides the events so realistically, and I think for the most part how things would really unfold. Post the new chapter soon please!

- Marie.
AsanteSanaSquashBanana chapter 4 . 2/24/2008
o i really like this story! it seems brill so far!

although i do think that the m rating is a little extreem... you would be better with t at this point...

but i really liked it, and cant wait for more!
morrigane13 chapter 4 . 2/8/2008
I am really impressed with this story and i can't wait to hear more!
pink-strawberries chapter 4 . 2/4/2008
RoseXScorpius is my new love! and i think your story creates a brilliant insight into their potential romance!

its very well written !good stuff!

please update soon
ashssimi chapter 4 . 2/3/2008
I like how Scorpius is the one who is unsure of himself and Rose is kinda like the "bully". She is right on why she is having a hard time getting to know him, and that is refreshing. I can't wait for the next chapter.
imhuntingforwitches chapter 4 . 2/2/2008
I think this chapter is an example of how the writer is the worst judge of what they've written! It wasn't bad at ALL. I like how you made it really hard for Rose to apologize; one you aren't breaking out of her character (from being a stubborn bitch to some lovesick girl), and two you're showing she's at least trying to be honest with him.

A suggestion though; you show Rose in her common room interacting with her friends and family, and showing her thoughts/actions to the mention of Scorpius. What about him? What are his reactions to her? Just thought it would be curious to put in...

I'm really loving this story! Please update soon!
imhuntingforwitches chapter 3 . 2/2/2008
Wow I think you really have my picture of Rose down. Stubborn and hot headed. And making her and Scorpius' relationship CONFUSING. That's how it should be in my opinion; I hate the fanfic writers that make them fall in love right away. It's not REALISTIC. Plus this way it's so much more interesting to read haha.

But just a note; the last sentence "something inside Rose felt like it shattered" I think was a tad overdramatic. Just a bit. But otherwise great job so far!
imhuntingforwitches chapter 2 . 2/2/2008
Ahahaha this line from Scorpius cracked me up: “It’s not like I’m trying to woo her or anything!" Haha because I mean; that's the POINT of Scorpius x Rose fanfics! Right? Well thanks for adding to the growing list of them!
imhuntingforwitches chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
Ahahaha Rose Weasley is a BITCH. I can't believe I'm going on a fanfic binge at 1 in the morning but I am. And I'm honestly curious about your story. Yay to me being new so I don't have to wait for a new chapter!
hondagirl chapter 4 . 2/1/2008
Actually I really liked this chapter. It showed Rose growing and maturing a bit. I liked when she told Malfoy that apologizing is hard for her. It showed she is at least ready to be honest with him. I cannot wait for Hogsmeade. So please update soon!
sellthelie chapter 4 . 2/1/2008
I'm really enjoying this! I love your characterisations of Rose & Scorpius, just lovely. Can't wait for more. :)
quwira chapter 4 . 1/28/2008
not 2 mention that his grandfather tortured her mother wen she was 17.

i loved this chapter! yay! keep up the gd work!
someone chapter 4 . 1/27/2008
nice job

keep going
arrrgghimapiratenow chapter 4 . 1/27/2008
I don't think its badly written. It did move the story along well I liked the chapter every story needs some filler parts after all :). Keep up the good work please update soon.
59 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »