Reviews for Lucien's Luck
Spottedfyre chapter 13 . 10/22
This is another beautifully written story, and I'm not sure how I haven't read it before now, in my numerous searches through all the Lucien-tagged stories on this site. I apologize for not getting to and reviewing it before now. I love how almost the entire story is told through your Listener's thoughts, with minimal dialogue, as it allows their emotions and perception of the world to shine through clearer than they could have with less introspective narration; I never had trouble understanding the character's motivations or sympathizing with them. I enjoyed the past-tense, second-person narration here, as well, and the slightly bitter tone of its occasional asides on everything the Listener didn't know as the events of the story unfolded. The short time you spent in Lucien's POV was also well-done, and, had the structure of the Dark Brotherhood questline allowed for it, I would have liked to see more of it. :)
Kaira101 chapter 13 . 9/5
I've never had a chance to write a review for this story ever since I favorited it. Until now, obviously.

I can honestly say that I very much enjoyed this. It was albeit dark, it was highly intriguing, and using the second-person narrative made it extremely personal to the reader. It's terrifying to see how one relates to this main character (or you), because I'm sure the majority of us were aghast when we discovered Lucien, mutilated and broken, in-game. Another blow was to be taken when the majority of us female gamers were quite infatuated with Lucien. Why, I almost felt like this really was me. I was fiercely intent on killing the surviving members who killed Lucien. I was dabbling in the thought of destroying the Night Mother's "vessel". It was unfair what happened to Lucien, and I was ready to pay the price of revenge in blood.

This was an amazing story. There's a reason why it has so much popularity. It's good. Very good.
fieranshipper chapter 1 . 6/6
I know this is an old story but I've been reading it over and over again _ congratulations on writing such a good fic
emmagherd chapter 13 . 8/30/2014
I... I... you're so cruel to my feelings.
Elf from Downunder chapter 13 . 5/27/2014
I like how you wrote this in second person; it was effective, and drew me in instantly. Your writing is hauntingly beautiful, and all the emotions the character felt, her thoughts and the devotion she had for Lucien, was all wonderfully written! I enjoyed reading it all - probably one of the most well-written takes on the DB questline in Oblivion! :)
That, and that ending ... chilled me ... ;)
AncientAssassin chapter 13 . 1/5/2013
Amazing. Utterly amazing and very well done. (I really like the birthsign/chapter name bit! Very clever!)
hollowsunsets chapter 13 . 9/9/2012
Fantastic story. Couldn't sum up my feelings about the entire DB storyline better than this.
Sarchale chapter 13 . 3/19/2012
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I love it I love it I love it I love it
Kor-Mavwin chapter 13 . 1/5/2012
Possibly the best retelling of the DB questline I've read yet... Lucien is lovely and dark and not at all sappy. I also love how you mention the idea of the character being the Neveravine. Bitter sweet and beautiful- like darkest chocolate
Ravyn's Blood chapter 13 . 12/18/2011
This story captured exactly how I felt when I finished this questline. It's amazing! I don't usually get attached to characters, but this story had me crying. I probably would have cryed during the game if I hadn't been so shocked. You really connected with the emotions of the questline. Great job. Keep writing.
InkheartFirebringer chapter 13 . 5/30/2011
Wow. This story is truly amazing. Your writing is breathtakingly beautiful - there is no other way to describe it. Vivid and poetic, you takes something we all know and make it new and special through that.

Just wow. I'm in awe. And sad. But that's not surprising, given the subject matter. The starsigns were also a lovely touch.

Thanks for sharing.

CarrotStructure chapter 13 . 1/13/2011
Aww theending made me cry. Also Lucien was my favorite too so when I saw him at Applewatch I got really upset :(
Amoracia chapter 13 . 1/2/2011
So I was looking at my fic Discipline and the reviews, and decided to look at your profile and read something of yours... And I'm so glad I did! This was beautiful. I loved the last lines of each chapter - the word plays and clever cinchers.

I also LOVE how each chapter is a different birthsign - it's so original and works perfectly.

I think you portrayed Lucien very well, and the main character's utter loyalty to him was so plausible. The second-person narration was a cool twist too.

Thanks for, if not precisely an *enjoyable* read, a beautiful and thought-provoking one.

- Icelands/Amoracia
The Fall chapter 13 . 11/15/2010
This was brilliant. Simply brilliant.

It made me cry (Which, honestly, isn't a hard thing to do, but kudos to you for making it so heartfelt, beautiful, and sad).

Seriously, you're awesome. This is definitely one of my favorite Oblivion stories. I like the 2nd person, too. Made it more real for me. And it was written beautifully, filled with raw emotion and lovely descriptions.

Naming each chapter after the birth-signs was a wonderful idea, by the way. Nice.
A-Z chapter 13 . 10/2/2010
I just couldn't make myself finish the assassin's guild. Lucien is soooo cool. He is rivalled only by Vicente, who comes a close second.