Reviews for Lucien's Luck
fieranshipper chapter 1 . 6/6
I know this is an old story but I've been reading it over and over again _ congratulations on writing such a good fic
emmagherd chapter 13 . 8/30/2014
I... I... you're so cruel to my feelings.
Elf from Downunder chapter 13 . 5/27/2014
I like how you wrote this in second person; it was effective, and drew me in instantly. Your writing is hauntingly beautiful, and all the emotions the character felt, her thoughts and the devotion she had for Lucien, was all wonderfully written! I enjoyed reading it all - probably one of the most well-written takes on the DB questline in Oblivion! :)
That, and that ending ... chilled me ... ;)
AncientAssassin chapter 13 . 1/5/2013
Amazing. Utterly amazing and very well done. (I really like the birthsign/chapter name bit! Very clever!)
hollowsunsets chapter 13 . 9/9/2012
Fantastic story. Couldn't sum up my feelings about the entire DB storyline better than this.
Sarchale chapter 13 . 3/19/2012
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I love it I love it I love it I love it
Kor-Mavwin chapter 13 . 1/5/2012
Possibly the best retelling of the DB questline I've read yet... Lucien is lovely and dark and not at all sappy. I also love how you mention the idea of the character being the Neveravine. Bitter sweet and beautiful- like darkest chocolate
Ravyn's Blood chapter 13 . 12/18/2011
This story captured exactly how I felt when I finished this questline. It's amazing! I don't usually get attached to characters, but this story had me crying. I probably would have cryed during the game if I hadn't been so shocked. You really connected with the emotions of the questline. Great job. Keep writing.
InkheartFirebringer chapter 13 . 5/30/2011
Wow. This story is truly amazing. Your writing is breathtakingly beautiful - there is no other way to describe it. Vivid and poetic, you takes something we all know and make it new and special through that.

Just wow. I'm in awe. And sad. But that's not surprising, given the subject matter. The starsigns were also a lovely touch.

Thanks for sharing.

~Ink
CarrotStructure chapter 13 . 1/13/2011
Aww theending made me cry. Also Lucien was my favorite too so when I saw him at Applewatch I got really upset :(
Amoracia chapter 13 . 1/2/2011
So I was looking at my fic Discipline and the reviews, and decided to look at your profile and read something of yours... And I'm so glad I did! This was beautiful. I loved the last lines of each chapter - the word plays and clever cinchers.

I also LOVE how each chapter is a different birthsign - it's so original and works perfectly.

I think you portrayed Lucien very well, and the main character's utter loyalty to him was so plausible. The second-person narration was a cool twist too.

Thanks for, if not precisely an *enjoyable* read, a beautiful and thought-provoking one.

- Icelands/Amoracia
The Fall chapter 13 . 11/15/2010
This was brilliant. Simply brilliant.

It made me cry (Which, honestly, isn't a hard thing to do, but kudos to you for making it so heartfelt, beautiful, and sad).

Seriously, you're awesome. This is definitely one of my favorite Oblivion stories. I like the 2nd person, too. Made it more real for me. And it was written beautifully, filled with raw emotion and lovely descriptions.

Naming each chapter after the birth-signs was a wonderful idea, by the way. Nice.
A-Z chapter 13 . 10/2/2010
I just couldn't make myself finish the assassin's guild. Lucien is soooo cool. He is rivalled only by Vicente, who comes a close second.
Lachance chapter 13 . 10/2/2010
Who doesn't love Luchance? He is my favoroitest guy in the entire game. The Black Hand robes, cool as they are, suit only him properly and he has the nicest voice around. i felt sooo sad when, first, he accused me of treachery and then DIED.
MythicElf chapter 13 . 9/28/2010
Ooh it was amazing! I loved it all! I followed Lucien around like that too. And I also thought it was amazing that you used all the birthsigns for the titles. And... Well I just loved it. Enirely too much for it to be healthy.

-D0N with a ridiculous grin on my face.