Reviews for Hush
PalisDelon chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
My brain is racing trying to find the words to express how good your story was and how deeply I'm awed by it, but it is failing miserably.

Thank you for writing this.
useyourlove chapter 1 . 11/22/2011
I came here on a rec and now I have my heart in my throat. The imagery of the unspoken words dangling around them is so beautiful and describes them so incredibly well. I'm not sure I've read a fic that better sums them up, as I feel like this was the perfect perfect way to translate their relationship into the written word. I am just speechless here. Serious kudos!
pennyante chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
This story beautifully picks up on the valences and contradictions in Lee and Kara's relationship-what she means when she says she has to cheat to hold everything together. With such a precarious hopefulness at the end-hopefulness that's barely hopeful-literally made my breath catch in my chest. I know you wrote it a long time ago, but I appreciated it, deeply, tonight.
AngelWings8 chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
I don't even know what to say*.
eridani chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
Beautiful! This was gorgeous in its imagery. It reminded me of a poem by Margaret Atwood, called journey to the interior, which also makes use of sentences and words as a kind of debris cluttering up the physical world.
Beaglicious chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
Ah! You like Reela and my face BSG couple! Awesome! Great fic. I loved the picture you painted of the room being filled with word unspoken-very well done and quite powerful! I also loved how all the things they couldn't say out loud they tried to say in otherwyas bc I think you nailed it exactly- lee wanting kara to say I love you, her not being able too, him hoping it could get better for them, her doubting that people like them deserve better. So beautiful!
MrsPeelWe'reNeeded chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
A great story. Very good.
timepresent chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
This is such a beautiful fic. I adore the language, the imagery, it's just perfect. Well done!
MP brennan chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
Why are you apologizing for this?

I found this to be an amazing piece of fanfic-one of the rare stories that actually deserves the name "literature." You have a unique concept paired with some very powerful, well-chosen images. I love your style. Give yourself some credit for a brilliantly executed fic. Kudos!
QueenHermit chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
This is one of the few pieces of fanfiction I've read that I think could work really well and I think is good enough on its own to fit as a short story outside of the BSG or fanfiction realm. I really liked this story, especially all the language you used to convey the concept of unspoken words as tangible weighty objects. If you wanted to do any editing, you could go through and pick a specific medium (dust, slime, some sort of gas, mud, etc.) or even a medium for each part that the words are representing and make the metaphor more uniform and perhaps more powerful. But in general I thought it was quite good.
schneebly chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
Absolutely gorgeous - a very unique concept which you masterfully spun into your story. Thank you for writing this!
17629578269 chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
beautiful.
LittleWords chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
wonderful.
latteaddict chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
This was simply gorgeous, it made me ache!
lucyjane345 chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
Wow, that's all I can really think of to say, completely amazing.