Reviews for Unreality
STaR Productions chapter 19 . 8/17/2008
S: Every time I think I can predict what happens next, you blow it out of the water with a well placed revelation! I must agree with Tails though, he was being very rational in the situation. The only thing I could really see coming was the final paragraph, I bet you couldn't resist having Rouge as the Guardian, could you? XD
Frozen Nitrogen chapter 19 . 8/10/2008
OK; I'll try not to say anything stupid this time. :)

Ahem: once again, top-notch stuff. I'm really getting into Sonic's sense of incremental confusion, as things in the universe, and in his memory, change piece by piece until you're not sure what's applicable any more, what SHOULD be right. Skillfully written, executed with aplomb.

Could do with some PROGRESSION, though! Hopping from one false universe to another, it dosn't seem that we're any closer to any sort of conclusion than we were in chapter 1. ;)
STaR Productions chapter 18 . 8/1/2008
S: Most intriguing! How ironic that the Eggman Empire was the best thing that could ever have happened to the world. (My personal opinion has been confirmed! Woohoo!) At least, it seems that way for the moment, but with this story, who knows what's round the corner?

I'm dying to know why Sonic would hate this world (apart from the obvious thing), so I wonder how the other characters are? Certainly it seems Dawn isn't evil anymore, and Tails and Amy both have addressess now, so-hey wait a minute, Dawn didn't have an address! Could it be that she lived with Sonic, who by the sound of things, kicked her out? You are indeed the master of mystery, you cruel person you.

I have thought of a question to ask you! When I reviewed Voices, you told me it was not planned beyond 'here's what happens next'. Is this the case here, or have you done some meticulous planning around the subject? Not that I want you to tell me the plot or anything, I'm just curious.

I eagerly await the next helping of mystery goodness from you! :)
Frozen Nitrogen chapter 18 . 7/24/2008
A shining vision of the future indeed. Are the Phis coincidental, or has someone been playing Sonic Battle? ;)

In what may either figure as criticism or kudos: should I be making a big deal of the fact that no mention has been made of any non-robotic inhabitants of this reality? Sonic's run through the streets involves a conspicuous lack of detail on whether it's robots or biologicals inhabiting the ecumenopolis.
Frozen Nitrogen chapter 17 . 7/23/2008
Well, I won't echo the kick-in-the-balls of a review mentioned on the fora, but this is something very special indeed.

Nor shall I just say "Z0mg graet ficc!one!1!1one". You misused their/they're/there a time or two. And got the wrong one out of vein/vain. Your spellchecker misleads you, sir!

But aside from such grammatic quibbles: I very much enjoy this. The premise, for a start, AND the clever little references (like Juli-Su) distinguish a man who knows his quasi-continuities and knows how to hint at them for full effect! :)

Proposal for improvement: flesh out the battle scenes. Your character descriptions are excellent; I guess they have to be when the audience gets the continuity rug pulled out from underneath them pretty much every chapter. But the fight scenes, like the one vs. the Egg-Spider-Mech in Ch6, seemed... I dunno... rushed. I know it's ostensibly Mystery, not Adventure, but you adjective-up the characters so well I anticipated seeing longer, more vivid fights involving them!

I think my favourite part asofar is the Sonic/Robotnik conversation in Ch12. Not because it was particularly flowery, but because this story has me hooked and it was like ambrosia to finally get some semi-answers!

Very much interested to see how this is eventiually explained. I'm torn between predicting that it's a Matrix-esque virtual reality (based on Dawn's words in Ch17), or some sort of Chaos-Emerald-based parallel universe chicanery (my original prediction). :S

MAKE HASTE WITH MORE CHAPTERS!
STaR Productions chapter 17 . 7/21/2008
S: Well then, that was informative, I guess. Hmm... so there is definitely something or someone controlling these events, apparently to give Sonic a better life.

It reminds me of something, but I can't think what. "Just accept it, isn't it what you want? Don't worry about it anymore..." Eerie.

Could it be the Sol Emeralds themselves that are behind it all? I remember you mentioned once that this Sonic is the same one from Voices, so it could also be anyone or anything from there as well. Let's see... there were seven servers, of Chaos in Voices, and Sol in this. Sonic is said to be one of them, and it has been implied that the other servers are going through this treatment. Could this entire story be a complete fabrication? Sonic was happy at the start of the story with Dawn, but now he's beginning to "wake up", as it were. And the persons behind this clearly aren't happy with that.

On a side note, I looked at the reviews on this, and I was amazed at the sudden decline of reviewers. I looked back over the records of the reviews, and almost the entire second page is just from me! This makes me very sad, as this story definitely deserves a lot more reviews than it's got. :(

Eggman rules the world? I wish to learn more! :D
STaR Productions chapter 16 . 7/21/2008
S: My apologies for not reading the new chapters sooner, I'm afraid I was caught up with some unavoidable things.

I'm not sure whether it's just me or not, but this is getting incredibly hard to follow. It's probably just me having not read this for a while though, I think, seeing as your skills at writing are excellent once again. This is definitely a joy to read, in any case, and the confusion is a big pull to reading on.

One thing I am sure of is that Dawn being some sort of robot is not a good sign. I suspect Metal Sonic at the moment, but hopefully I'll find out in the next chapter!
STaR Productions chapter 15 . 7/3/2008
S: This is getting so tangled up I can't even tell if Sonic has went back to one of the realities he was in before or not. I'll assume he has, because Amy doesn't seem to bat an eye at Sonic's statements, and also there's the fact that Dawn is evil again.

I noticed the cameo by a certain cat, in a certain TV show about a certain hedgehog. Those little moments make me smile.

It seems that Sonic may finally be close to getting some answers at this point. You've got me all excited for the next chapter yet again!
STaR Productions chapter 14 . 6/26/2008
S: Yet again there is no explanation! *sob* You write so well!

I hope you have an 'Idiots Guide' chapter planned to explain this at the end, because I don't think I'll ever understand this! Unless it's got a really obvious explanation that I'll kick myself for not getting. Hmm... I'll have to delve into the machinations of your mind... on second thoughts, I think I'll wait for you to spell it out. More fun that way!

If there are eight emeralds now, that must mean... it's the world of the the Sonic fighting game! But then Amy wouldn't be any different than what she just was... hmm... confusing indeed.

Well, I look forward to the next update, at any rate, and your writing skills blow me away once again!
STaR Productions chapter 13 . 6/18/2008
S: No! Damn that Knuckles for killing the source of information! Now the mystery will deepen even more! *breaks down and cries*

Well anyway, I liked this chapter very much. It was extremely... tense, I think is the word. Just like in a movie or something when the plot is about to be revealed. Masterful writing indeed.

Now the question seems to be whether Sonic will choose to destroy the Sol Emeralds or not. I can't wait for the next update!
STaR Productions chapter 12 . 5/22/2008
S: This story is so intense! This latest chapter just makes me want more!

It sounds like Sonic is finally going to get an explanation for all of this, I noticed that Eggman has been trying to tell him something for many chapters.

I look forward to the next update!
rayzorbudgie chapter 12 . 5/21/2008
Pretty good. I actually read it all.
STaR Productions chapter 11 . 5/14/2008
S: I was wondering if Tikal would show up or not! This story just gets stranger and stranger... which is excellent news!
STaR Productions chapter 10 . 5/13/2008
S: Ooh! This story is so deep! I really want to know what happens, but there aren't any more chapters! I look forward to the next update!
STaR Productions chapter 9 . 5/13/2008
S: Heh heh, they speak at the same time. Is it reality that's wrong, or everyone else? And what was the deal with that doctor ages ago?
65 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »