Reviews for Common Sense
Rake1810 chapter 4 . 19h
Definitely how'd it go. Harry does not speaks generally.
CJTressler chapter 10 . 12/9
That was a very interesting take on the 'wrong-boy-who-lived' story. I've never read one before where the twins were still treated as equals.
Anonymous Peach chapter 11 . 12/8
Caleb Peachtree of the Georgia Peachtrees made me laugh. There a crap ton of streets in Atlanta named Peachtree. Love all of this
Colt01 chapter 1 . 11/11
Sigh . . . well, I won't lie that I did find the whole idea of seven Potters a little ridiculous. If Apparition from Number Four couldn't be done, couldn't they just walk to the next street and take Harry on Side-Along Apparition? Calling a cab is also something practical. But I guess it was required for the plot due to Moody's death, George losing an ear, and Harry's wand destroying Voldemort's borrowed wand. Oh well!
Colt01 chapter 17 . 11/11
There are many instances in the books which I felt like traps and breadcrumbs leading to a certain path. The Philosopher's stone was one, and so were Snape's Pensieve memory and the prophecy orb in the Department of Mysteries. Nice explanation for Dumbledore's actions and I loved the way you took care of it.
Colt01 chapter 5 . 11/11
A very neat, clean, and efficient way to deal with Voldemort and the Death Eaters. It features a Harry that is darker than in canon, but I like it. I always felt that the Death Eaters were just as dangerous as Voldemort, but Dumbledore never thought about it, focussing only on the Dark Lord. Without his primary supporters, Voldemort would be powerful, yes, but would also be cut off at the knees. Good job!
Colt01 chapter 10 . 11/11
I love all these stories, but I have to admit that these three chapters are the best of them all. James Potter is a character that is highly misunderstood and hated by many. James and Lily's characters were never fleshed out in the books, so we don't know much about them. Yes, James was a bully to Snape and what he did to Snape in his fifth year was cruel. I do wonder - was Snape innocent in it all? Every side has a story, and we only saw that memory from Snape's perspective. What did Snape do to provoke James? We don't know. People ignore the rest of James' personality - the one who became an Animagus at fifteen only to help a friend in need, the one who married a Muggleborn despite being a pureblood, the one who fought a war against Voldemort, and the one who selflessly sacrificed his life for his wife and child. He was a willing physical shield even if he didn't have a wand in hand. In comparison, Snape's love for Lily is frankly creepy, and he chose to be a Death Eater despite his apparent love for a Muggleborn.

While I do have to admit that Lily is one of my favourite characters, I didn't mind reading this. WBWL stories always have such themes where James is an idiot or an abusive father. This story inspired me to write a similar story where Harry and his twin brother are raised by James and Lily, where both twins are hailed as heroes. What I really liked is how James treats both boys fairly and how he took care of Dumbledore and the goblins. You have shown this beautifully. Kudos!
I usually enjoy a story where Lucius actually used his brain to overcome the bigotry that he was brought up with. Especially if he can show that he was placed in Slytherin because of his intelligence and cunning and not because it was where the family always went before.
This could be very interesting especially since it seems like Narcissa is just as intelligent and cunning as her husband and not a mere trophy wife.
Another stupidity. Who ever think friend stab in the back like Ron or Ginny and the twins has a brain damash but making Hermione part of it is just stupidity.
Badbonita chapter 11 . 11/6
This is a fabulous beginning!
Badbonita chapter 7 . 11/2
Definitely agree - a great first chapter for a longer piece but thanks for the view...
Badbonita chapter 5 . 11/2
Personally, I don't think this really needs anything more. It's a great one-shot!
INeedYouForMyPaganRituals chapter 18 . 10/29
14 kids, assuming no multiple births, will amount to 10 and a half years.
Anansii chapter 8 . 10/22
You're right - never saw THAT motive before.. :) Not only novel but hilarious! Thanks; I really needed a laugh...
wawo20 chapter 9 . 10/20