Reviews for Common Sense
I'm not impressed/interested in these last 2 stories but I'm awfully glad you're still writing!

You...ARE...still writing, right? RIGHT?
Um, why are the Americans so intent on destroying the British DoM's work, research, and people? That seems rather rude.

So the Americans did to Dumbledore what Dumbledore allowed to happen to Sirius - an innocent (of those particular charges) man sent to prison... And the Americans are the "good" guys?

Annnnd I don't like how Harry treated Hermione.
Lily is always hyped up to be this smart, brilliant, etc. witch so I can't see her buying too much of Albus' bullshit, but she's also seen *by me at least* as being a bit shallow. So, I could see her taking a long look at how things really are for "mudbloods" and deciding that maybe James wasn't so bad - rich, not visually repulsive, strong family/friends/place in society, plus he was in love (or whatever) with her. I could also totally see James slipping her a love potion so who knows.
As a former tax auditor, I find the goblin punishments rather tame. We used to bring offenders into a cave, seat them on a particularly sharp stalagmite, then hand them reams and reams of tax returns to hold.
eternaltrekie chapter 26 . 3/19
That was a great little story!
TrumpasaurusRex chapter 5 . 3/7
The Trial of Arthos is amazing. I’d be fascinated to see how the world would look post-artifact usage. Very good for a fleshed out story. It’s like using a death note.
Emperor Vanquest chapter 26 . 3/6
This needs to be expanded! This is so original and brilliant!
OrangeKing89 chapter 26 . 3/4
Awesome! Hope you make a full story to followup his years at Tintagel.
ak chapter 26 . 2/17
bonnes fics
"I'm jealous."
*envious
Margaret Luna Sullivan chapter 26 . 1/24
This was fabulous. I especially love how strong the wards are. And Tintsgel sounds like a cool school
Vance McGill chapter 14 . 1/19
The story was good aside from Hermione bashing. His most loyal friend in his fourth year, the only one who stood up for him, and he dumps her.

I'd like to see a sequel to this of Hermione's revenge on Harry, reminding him of that loyalty that he refused to show in return to her.
Guest1138 chapter 8 . 1/16
But, what happened to his 'old friends' in Britain? I know you said Harry didn't care about them; but, that doesn't mean we don't. A little paragraph or blurb would have been appropriate, because at the end I was left wanting and full of questions.
Gioia chapter 26 . 1/8
I love all the world building in Chapter 26. The hostels and housing situation were especially interesting to consider. I think this more studious Harry will do well with adult students around him. Ironically, he and his educational path will be better supervised as a day student than a boarding student at Hogwarts.

I was surprised by his visit to South Africa. I was starting college and therefore inattentive to many details in world news stories at the time when Apartheid ended. I wonder how stable or organized of a vacation spot South Africa would've been in August 1991?

If your muse ever inspires you to write more about this world, I'd sure be interested in seeing it! I liked how your side characters were so well fleshed-out even when they were only briefly seen. I especially loved Harry's meeting with Mr. Botts. I also loved the mix of frustration and fondness implied by McGonagall's quote. Thank you for the fun chapter!
Jonathan Deller chapter 21 . 12/11/2021