Reviews for Common Sense
grao chapter 9 . 3/10
Okay, this just got a bit too much for me.
This segment has the exact same problem that all the Betrayed!Harry fics have: the protagonist, upon learning that he was betrayed, goes on a bloody rampage, killing everyone without regard to their motivations or circumstances. That's why we use courts and law enforcement - they provide a framework of basic lawfulness and decency (well, in democratic countries and yes, there are miscarriages and tampering even there...)
My main point is that anyone who takes the law into their own hands and suddenly decide who shall live and who shall die becomes at best a vigilante, at worst a mass murderer. Your James is sliding towards the latter.

Family first? Nah, I could find dozens of reasons for not supporting family blindly. What will James do when one of his sons later breaks some law? 'Eliminate' the witnesses? Bribe a court? What if one of his sons becomes a bully? Just how many people will have their lives destroyed because James isn't content?
The way James deals with Lily is pretty revealing: he practically tortures her to death for what? Being ambitious? How does James have the moral high ground? The only way for Lily to achieve her goals is to marry someone she doesn't love, but James is just as much part of the society that makes this necessary. The wizarding world betrays Lily: perfectly okay. Lily (in response) betrays her husband: death! Death!

Nah. Grow up.
Anoneme chapter 18 . 2/24
:). Fascinating and well executed.
Anoneme chapter 15 . 2/24
... somehow I loved this. Excellent writing and terrifying pranks !
Anoneme chapter 12 . 2/24
I love this little story, I'm so glad it's not a one-shot. Onwards!
Anoneme chapter 11 . 2/23
I love, quite a few chapters of this work here but I think this chapter is my favorite so far.
The Wandmaker chapter 7 . 2/4
Love this so much!
MSCOCO chapter 9 . 2/4
well done!
MSCOCO chapter 7 . 2/4
this is the best iv'e read! don't add more great story!
bleeb90 chapter 15 . 1/14
Omfg, I loved this.
Toby860 chapter 8 . 12/24/2016
You could have also had him become James Cameron and be the one who made Avatar
MayaHikari chapter 7 . 11/9/2016
a great beginning of a strong Potter family
ChronoMitsurugi chapter 20 . 10/22/2016
Funny history of how Voldemort rose to power. Too bad it was lost in the free love colony. Eh I understand why they did it I just really don't care. Then again most of the world sort of operates that way anyway. So many people having random sex and so many unclaimed orphans, marriages poping up left and right and ending just as quickly. I try not to think about the sad state of the world.
ChronoMitsurugi chapter 19 . 10/22/2016
Never chain your enemy. For they will have nothing to do but plot ways to make you suffer. And they will be increasingly more creative and thorough.
ChronoMitsurugi chapter 8 . 10/21/2016
I can imagine the interviews with the cast.
"Yeah they had us go to this empty warehouse where we acted out a script in front of a blue screen and two camera dudes. Then they left. That's all we ever saw of the filmmaking.
These Dog Star dudes really knows how to make killer fantasy films. Those special effects are unbelievably amazing. Best $200,000(random number) I've ever made."
Ebona Nite chapter 5 . 10/5/2016
lol I've just realized this is the Harry Potter version of Death Note!
1,673 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »