Reviews for Common Sense
Guest chapter 7 . 11/23/2015
"Dumbledore is more of a problem than Voldemort ever could be."
I think that describes canon pretty well. Dumbledore sent Riddle back to the orphanage every year. Through action and inaction he helped Voldemort rise and left the Death Eaters in power. Just what he did in his school has a negative impact on society.

"It's obvious you're insistent on painting a target on one of my son's foreheads."
That's also exactly what happened in canon. Of the four people present, the parents were dead, Voldemort would not tell, and Harry too young to question. Even Dumbledore's explanation later is that it was some special magic from Lilly that defeated Voldemort, so why put the emphasis on Harry. And it has to be some special magic, I'm sure many mothers wanted to protect their childeren.

"But the people have a right to know…."
This from Dumbledore, who wants to keep everything secret, even from those who need to know. Of course, he says it, but probably doesn't believe it.
Guest chapter 3 . 11/23/2015
"Good. Good! I'm going to reanimate Dumbledore's body so that I can kill him myself."
That's exactly what I thought about Dumbledore. Also, shred his reputation.
Harry must still be under Dumbledore's influence years later to name a child Albus Severus. Or another explanation I read somewhere is that he knows that he is not the father.
aaronpd1968 chapter 7 . 11/6/2015
I agree with the canon view of Lily's sacrifice saving Harry's life being unsatisfactory. Surely, Lily was not the first parent to ever sacrifice themselves for a child. It is also hinted at in DH that Harry letting Voldie kill him provides those fighting with him some protection. If this is true, then anyone sacrificing themselves for anyone else would grant the same protection. I would like to see a story based on the premise that Voldie inadvertently entered a binding agreement to let Harry live. We know from canon that he told Snape he would not kill Lily, then Lily begs for Harry's life several times. Voldie says, "Very well". If artifacts like the GOF can bind someone, why not these simple statements.
Brenden chapter 11 . 10/27/2015
goodwork
ToddGilliss chapter 7 . 10/20/2015
this could be a great story to continue
clara200 chapter 5 . 10/6/2015
How slytheren of you. Funny Snape calls him a dunderhead not knowing the truth. Sad Harry becomes corrupted by that thing to keep killing.
tricorvus chapter 25 . 9/28/2015
Very pleased with the ending
All 25 chapters have been delighful
tricorvus chapter 21 . 9/28/2015
Wow. Damn, you're a good writer; the kind that I have to fight to look up from your stuff. Then I have to struggle to say something smarter than 'um, that was good'. Because this stuff is that kind of good, it robs me of intelligent speech.
tricorvus chapter 19 . 9/27/2015
It says this is an empty review but I clearly put 11 clapping hands emojis on the top line
tricorvus chapter 18 . 9/27/2015
[expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] ing hell!
That was fantabulous
tricorvus chapter 14 . 9/26/2015
That was bloody excellent and theres more coming, I see. Your excellent writing stuns me.
tricorvus chapter 7 . 9/25/2015
My god this is a form of perfection
tricorvus chapter 4 . 9/25/2015