Reviews for Common Sense
PapaMidNite chapter 16 . 3/15/2008
Great job, I like the tests
Steven Kodaly chapter 16 . 3/15/2008
"At that, Harry had to laugh. She looked like a well dressed…barrister or an accountant." At this phrase, one thought leapt to my mind: Oh, my God... It's the Evil Queen of Numbers, herself!

I like the various tests, administered by figures from the numerous Bond tales. Ms. Galore was particularly amusing, if somewhat not what I expected in a test proctor. That unnamed figure, 'Sir' - Sir James Bond, or am I reading too much into that particular test of table manners?

You will kindly note that I am, sad to say, far out of my depth when discussing Ian Fleming's creation, as I have never read his novels, and haven't watched all the movies, either.

The end segment of the story was well done, what with listing off the identities of the double-oh agents which Harry could conceivably adopt.
Kin Pandun chapter 16 . 3/15/2008
Bloody Fantastic Chapter. I love the interview process. One question I had, though. Why would the government give someone the alias/call number of James Bond/007 if they had already printed a fictitious series using that identity?

Thanks for writing,

Cateagle chapter 16 . 3/15/2008
Ohh, nice. I can rather appreciate this approach and hope you do some follow-up on it. *chuckle* It makes an interesting counterpoint to which has Bond as a "lost"cousin of the Evanses who has to take over responsibility for young Harry after the Dursleys and Marge are killed in a car wreck (note, this one is amusing in that his main muggle nemesis is Hermione but they work together against threats to both of them in the magical world). Anyway, the reasons Harry has for leaving the wizarding world after graduating from Hogwarts and eliminating Riddle seem quite plausible and believeable. This reader most certainly hopes that you'll do further installments of this concept.
A Reviewer chapter 8 . 3/14/2008
It's probably one of the three best concepts I've ever seen for a Azkaban fic.

It rocks like crazy. Great job.

Jarvey chapter 16 . 3/14/2008
One of your best bits yet. I hope it germinates into something larger!
BDSanta2001 chapter 16 . 3/14/2008
Sharks with frickin' laser beams. How are they going to finish making him into a suave ladies man?
Professional scatterbrain chapter 16 . 3/14/2008
Wow, this ficlet was utterly fantastic. I loved the arch of Harry finding new purpose. A purpose he actually wanted, and chose to accept instead of something that was forced on him and he was never prepared for. I really hope you do something else with this little gem. It was a true classic.
maritinkerbell chapter 16 . 3/14/2008
Wow, great story! I like imagining Harry as a secret service agent! You should add a few more chapters talking about his training, his fieldwork, etc. I really want to see more of this! Please UPDATE SOON!
Khadon chapter 16 . 3/14/2008
I like it. It's good as a one-shot but would also be fun to see as a full story.

One of the fics I have on my favorites is Agent Double O Hex. In it Harry turns out to be Bond's nephew. If you haven't read it you should give it a read. It's pretty funny.
bjon66 chapter 16 . 3/14/2008
This would make a great story.. Never seen a HP/007 crossover before.. Most of your snippets would make great stories...
Banner chapter 16 . 3/14/2008
* claps hands *

That was a victory - I loved it. You gave a good shot of his character. I'll be spending a long time thinking about Harry as a double-O.
Eskaybe4 chapter 16 . 3/14/2008
Good tidbit. Would love to see more of it.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 16 . 3/14/2008
Huh, usually being thrown, cold, into real muggle combat would make any sane person leery of more. It's dirty, boring, terrifying, and painful to body and soul.

One most worry about Harry's mental health.

Still, a fine story start. With a little more "bond" humor, it would be excellent.
Wonderbee31 chapter 16 . 3/14/2008
Very good start here, and can't wait to see where you take this, and will be looking forward to Harry being the next Bond. Will he be taking what would have been the Pierce Brosnan time, or Timothy Dalton's Bond? Sounds like the others treated him poorly after all is said and done, and wonder if he'll end up seducing one of his former classmates, or having to eliminate them for Queen and country? Also liked his interview, got to say that they don't play around at all. Can't wait for the next part.
1,632 | « Prev Page 1 .. 66 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 86 .. Last Next »