Reviews for Common Sense
Steven Kodaly chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
Hmm, how you handled Dumbledore is something I simply must protest on a personal level. On the other hand, I'm not the one playing international politics with people capable of killing with two muttered words. I suppose that the lack of guesses of Polyjuice Potion coincides with the lack of characters in the novels seeing through Polyjuice...

I LOVE how you've dealt with Ms. Skeeter.

Yes, you goofed up your timeline in regards to the Room of Requirement; I suppose that you could just blame a random house-elf, or perhaps Harry needed chamberpots at some point while at Hogwarts?
Gogolu chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
Not bad.
Lord Lugos chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
That was a good prank. I love these little snippets. They really are full stories, just short ones. In a way, better than waiting forever for a thirty plus chapter story to complete. Keep 'em coming.
red-jacobson chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
fun one! I'm kind of sorry to see this story end, but, there really isn't that much further to take it

red
s.ac chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
Why is it, isobedient, that all your stories start up so promissing, both in the premises and the execution, but end up as such a dissapointment?

You used that same plot before and it wasn't much better then.

s.a..
jujuberry chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
You got me! Yes, I fell for it...clearly I wasn't using common sense. Nicely done.

I love the info about magical architecture. Sounds interesting and right for Harry.

Another great chapter. Thanks so much for sharing.
PapaMidNite chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
Yeah he's never stupid But Dumb is usually crazy in fan-fiction.
Hedwig Edwiges chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
Well, you did got me. I read so many stories bashing Dumbledore where he makes a fatal mistake because he was overconfident that I really didn't see this coming. Well done.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
Bah. No mere room could destroy the DeathStick, aka "Elder Wand"! Everyone present should have known that attack was staged with an impostor wand. ;-)

The French executing successful military strikes against anyone besides GreenPeace? Preposterous! Please try to keep this story at least a little plausible. ;-)

Other than these two huge, plot holes; a most excellent story. It's always great to read about an intelligent, coordinated and professional approach to Britain's magical problems - and a magical world that really is bigger than the UK.
Hahukum Konn chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
That was a nice trick with the Polyjuice. :)

I really liked this Political!Harry arc. Good on you for writing it. :)
piwqefjk chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
Great job on this, and good point about the Polyjuice solving plotholes. Nice work there XD Harry as a magical architect . . . I'd love to see him collaborating with Sirius and the Weasley twins to build an amusement house :D
blue artemis chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
I liked that quite a bit.
Nights Silhouette chapter 13 . 2/8/2008
A great chapter, keep it up.
Wonderbee31 chapter 13 . 2/8/2008
Very good, though it looks like Dumbledore has killed the golen goose for his egg with this part, should be interesting to see all the fallout form this now, as well as more of the other stories as well.
Belle chapter 13 . 2/8/2008
Oh! Dumbledore just lost his cool. I would guess that there are some pretty harsh penalties and safeguards against attacking people in the General Assembly. I would think that the Assembly room is responding more than usual to Harry's wishes (I don't imagine that opponents get dressed in humiliating costumes very often). Would that be because he is (despite his unusual maturity) a emotional teenager? I would imaging that the room might be responding to him more than usual because he is less trained and more emotional than the average representative of a country. This of course could lead to some unusual reactions to an attack on a guest in the Assembly room. Dumbledore turns into a goat? One imagines the magic could do it. (One small note, Harry shouldn't know about the Room of Requirement yet, unless he heard about it from Sirius?)

Seeing as how Dumbledore just lost his cool and attacked someone (even non-fatally) in front of a hundred witnesses can we assume that Harry's move in getting Britian stripped of it's protected status has disrupted Dumbledore's plans even more than thought? Or maybe he had something in the Department of Mysteries that was essential to his plans that just got stolen? In any case, loosing his cool is probably anathema to a plotter like Dumbledore and there must be a pretty big reason for it.

Three cheers for Harry's effect on the American's plans not involving Harry taking out the dark wizards himself! As I said before I can't see him being that committed to the American cause that he would hunt down the dark wizards himself. Having him as the figurehead for a political change that enables the Americans to do it themselves is a nice change of pace from the usual.

One imagines that if Dumbledore is emotional enough to attack Harry in person that he will pull out all the stops to get Harry (either under control or unable to interfere in any more of his plans, in one way or another). I would think that Dumbledore would have back plans and contingencies. Does he have hair and blood of Harry's that he will use in a voodoo style attack on Harry? Will he go after Harry's friends to try and draw him out? Will he try assassins? (If he did he would at least be sure that they couldn't be traced back to him.) Dumbledore being the consumate schemer I would think that he would do anything possible to get this loose cannon under control or out of the way. Also, if Harry has enough popular appeal to get this big measure passed through the General Assembly others might be interested in getting that power behind their proposals. I can't wait to see what happens next!
1,544 | « Prev Page 1 .. 67 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 87 .. Last Next »