Reviews for Common Sense
Nights Silhouette chapter 14 . 2/9/2008
A great chapter, keep it up.
Amy chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
- (Smiles at pulling a prank on his readers.) -

You're a guy? ? ? o_O

Well I'll be.
Wonderbee31 chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
Nice part here, and I was fooled by the Dumbledore thing as well, and to see that Harry while he is maybe going to be a political creature one day, at least has Sirius on his side, and maybe a few others in the future.
mathiasgranger chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
I just love how Harry wrote Ron's weakness off, and condemned Hermione for hers. What a typical Harry line of reasoning.

Thanks for writing,

highbrass chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
Great ficlet. I've never been a political!Harry buff though. I like more of a powerful Harry that is forced into some political situations but mostly takes care of things on his own. Still like most of the fics in Common Sense I really enjoyed reading it. All I can say is to keep up the good work and I hope that plot bunny bin is still producing some real fat rabbits.
Bobboky chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
i think you should play with the idea of Harry the Builder... a Harry Potter obsessed with magical buildings and rooms and homes... like you alluded to in this last chapter...

maybe as a completly separate story or as a side story to this one
dogbertcarroll chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
The man, Hacks, was probably toning down the interview lest he also get beaned with an ashtray.

Wolfric chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
Well done. I like this story arc quite a bit. Thanks for writing. W.
Innortal chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
A wonderful addition. Thank you.
jedielfsorcerer chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
this is very interesting. keep it up. some of these short fics in this could be made into a story of their own. more chaps then you have them right now. i have an interesting cross over for this short fics. could have where harry is half celestial, human dad (james potter) and full celestial mom (lily potter) and lily's dad is archangel tryial. but the stats and such would be from neverwinter nights 2. there are many ways of doing this. tryial raise harry, dursleys have harry till bout 4 then an angel comes and gets him., lily was adopted.
Garnet Avi chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
Good one.

Another great quick story- although I'm surprised you don't publish it and the father one serparately. They are complete, and have enough substance for full short fics. I personally think "Odd Ideas"-esque compilations like this are best for un-polished quick story-starters than finished series with developed plots. My opinion, of course, but there are benefits for stand alones.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I look forward to anything else from you.

pazed chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
I liked reading it so we match. The story was a lot of fun (and I admit to not suspecting a fake Dumbie).

But I do worry about the gleeful portrayal of such amoral means to even angelic ends. US pragmatic self-serving political activities are a slippery slope even in such a light-hearted story.

Since I also despise the prolific moralising in american TV and juvenile 'literature' I'm sure I don't know how a sensible writer should deal with such problems, so please don't take me too seriously as I really like your writing. Thanks for it all.

Cheers from an Aussie.
Caementum chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
These short stories are amazing and always draw me back for more. I have not read enough of your works to figure out how you portray Dumbledore. For all I know Dumbledore might have been so enraged that it overwrote his intellect (unlikely, but some other stories have that).

All I can say is: I hope you will enjoy writing more stories which we can read.
Steven Kodaly chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
Hmm, how you handled Dumbledore is something I simply must protest on a personal level. On the other hand, I'm not the one playing international politics with people capable of killing with two muttered words. I suppose that the lack of guesses of Polyjuice Potion coincides with the lack of characters in the novels seeing through Polyjuice...

I LOVE how you've dealt with Ms. Skeeter.

Yes, you goofed up your timeline in regards to the Room of Requirement; I suppose that you could just blame a random house-elf, or perhaps Harry needed chamberpots at some point while at Hogwarts?
Gogolu chapter 14 . 2/8/2008