Reviews for Common Sense
LdyGossamer chapter 14 . 2/29/2008
The Politicians series was wonderfully done! I enjoyed it very much. You should set it up as its own story.
Euphemism chapter 14 . 2/29/2008
The reason no one picked up on the idea that Dumbledore was framed - in practically every Manipulative Dumbledore story, Dumbledore acts in ridiculously stupid ways at some point. Even in yours. I seem to recall in Guerilla, that Dumbledore continued to attack wards despite warnings of imminent death. Stupid.

In any case, having a manipulative Dumbledore be stupid as well is pretty much ingrained, so there was no real warning. Also, perhaps it's not so much that your Dumbledore isn't stupid, so much that his stupidity gets him caught immediately - other stories tend to draw out the effect annoyingly. Dumbledore does stupid things, nothing happens. Dumbledore does more stupid, heavy handed things, and his position erodes like water on rock. Painfully. Slowly. You know, can't get rid of the main villain just a few chapters in - who would they write about next?
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 15 . 2/29/2008
Well that was a fun story filled with good ideas.

The delivery and timing could be better. Didn't get nearly as many laughs as the material warranted. More dialog and less dry description might do the trick.
Nights Silhouette chapter 15 . 2/29/2008
A great idea, keep it up.
Steven Kodaly chapter 15 . 2/29/2008
Oh my, the mentions of Oliver Wood just make me want to smack that fictitious character upside the head . . .

It's good to know that Harry gets along very well with the Weasley Twins and their ladies. *Grins*
Cateagle chapter 15 . 2/28/2008
*snicker* Oh, that's a wickedly funny vignette. "Victory Through the Power of Positive Pranking" definitely is a vindication of the Marauders' approach to life. I'm certain Harry had a quite eventful Christmas with the Twins, and enjoyed every minute of it.

I did love the thorough and scientific approach the Twins took to their research and their results certainly demonstrate the value of such thoroughness.

Braco!
elisadidlittle chapter 15 . 2/28/2008
All of these are excellent.

some of these were really good parody stuff that we see from time time from other authors. yet "a father's love" and the politician story were something more.

"Father" was the first time i've seen smart powerful James, like he should have been. Rich pureblood scions should have a clue about how the government works, as well as how other powerful wizards think. I do think that lily was more slytherin in her actions however. imperious, compulsion charms, obliviations, amortensis. lily was a charms and potions expert. i also think that Snape gave her the idea to infiltrate the potters and work for DD. maybe snape's ultimate payback against james.

i truly loved the politician story. whether this happens during 4th or 5th year is up for grabs. i think that all the letters harry sent would have been betrayed, except for Neville (Gran must have known or figured it all out by now- DD destroyed her family) and the Patils. i wonder just what kind of damage an enraged "lioness" Gran could do with an awake and enraged Harry. I also believe that the Americans had a bigger nasty ulterior purpose for Harry. and i think Harry should have attacked the americans to be the global mover, perhaps under the Angolan Grand Wizard's wing.
that1 chapter 15 . 2/28/2008
Way to go - F & G all the way!
maritinkerbell chapter 15 . 2/28/2008
Disturbing... but funny!
blue artemis chapter 15 . 2/28/2008
Hee. I love that ending. I've always had this idea that Fred and George were inordinately fond of Harry.
pazed chapter 15 . 2/28/2008
Of course that wasn't totally ridiculous, not at all at all. Great read thanks.
aprun chapter 15 . 2/28/2008
you got that last line from the BBC's Casanova didn't you :points a finger: but all in good fun - I've never read a story like that before. Perhaps you can go deeper? Afterall, they didn't destroy the horcruxes, right?
thapagan chapter 15 . 2/28/2008
pleasant, maybe it could be expanded, more detail and drama?
Gundum M chapter 15 . 2/28/2008
this chapter while kinda funny was a little too dark for my tastes
Innortal chapter 15 . 2/28/2008
Wicked and all believable on some level. Well done.
1,614 | « Prev Page 1 .. 67 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 87 .. Last Next »