Reviews for Common Sense
Wonderbee31 chapter 18 . 8/1/2008
Very well done here. I have to say, there seemed to be so little concerning the outside world until the Ministry in third year, and how badly things could get at Hogwarts, but it still seemed to not bother anyone. You also hit the nail on what frustrates me about Minerva. She does come across as a take no prisinors lady, but she seemed to buckle so easily whenever Albus would spout a homily, or say he trusted this or that. She was the Deputy, and yet, she let Snape, who seemed to have been there no where near as long as she had, just run roughshod over the students he didn't like. Glad to see Harry had a happy ending, and wouold be curious, if you ever followed up, what it would have been that made him fgo with Luna, instead of his fangirl, Ginny? Excellent chapter.
Holen-Snape chapter 14 . 7/19/2008
I love the chapter so much. pretty much everyone gets what is coming to them. can not wait to read more.
Anonymous chapter 10 . 7/17/2008
I'd have to agree. Not many people see a good James Potter. I always wanted a bad Lily only to change people's minds on her supposed perfection. James is a good guy - he was just lovestruck as a teen. Hm.. I wish we could have seen the Potter experiment develop or at least Hogwarts finally changing.
jumping-jo chapter 17 . 7/14/2008
nice you took all au and turned them into your own well done
michael68 chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
How do you feel about the recent movies on IronMan and the Incredible Hulk?

IDEA: Harry Potter gets recruited by the Avengers, or maybe the Justice League, or SHIELD, or the Bureau of Paranormal Defense.

Agent 1: “How come we need to recruit this kid?”

Agent 2: *scoffs* “Why not? So far, our team consists of an alcoholic playboy (IronMan), an 85 year old man with no superpowers whatsoever (Captain America), the poster child for repressed anger (Hulk), and a wife beating pedophile (AntMan). He’ll fit right in.”
BookkeeperThe chapter 17 . 7/8/2008
Nice. I was so annoyed with Saint Idiot Harry in the last book, and just plain Idiot Harry in the sixth. I love this fic!
BlackDove-alchemist chapter 17 . 7/1/2008
Wow. This was awesome. Really...really awesome. I think I liked your harry in azkaban plots the best. The making of it in to a movie was inspired genius.
Boris chapter 1 . 6/26/2008
hi. great fics! any chance of you writing a sequel to unchampion or any other stories? It's been a month and I'm missing my fix of new disobediencewriter's stories lol
Shreve chapter 17 . 6/5/2008
You are a brilliant writer. Thank you for yet another great short story.
dogbertcarroll chapter 17 . 6/4/2008
It practically fits canon and makes more sense then the final book.
bornagainpenguin chapter 17 . 6/1/2008
I'm glad to see you taking this one back up. Your other recent foray, into humor didn't exactly thrill me. This however.. This is one of your better works!

I like how you've left this very open ended. Dumbledore (and by extension, we readers) does not know any more of the prophecy than what Harry is willing to tell him due to the horror of it all requiring him to keep even the memory of it in his pensive at all times. And given we already know Harry by his own admission is lying to Dumbledore...

Then there's also how much Harry has pieced together supposedly in a mere three days without any preparations-that to me suggests we're dealing with something more than your standard fifth-year Harry Potter here. I find myself wondering if there was a backstory change here somewhere along the way or if this Harry is a time-traveler or had some other method by which his eyes were opened.

In any case, good show! I'm looking forward to seeing you continue this somewhere down the line with Harry's explaination of events to Sirius. Thanks for sharing this story with us!

-bornagainpenguin
Lord Lugos chapter 17 . 5/31/2008
Cool. Sweet, even. How about a little more of this one?
Bobboky chapter 17 . 5/30/2008
cool
Shimo Ino chapter 11 . 5/30/2008
Oh WOW! I love 'Politicians Run the Asylum' and 'A Fathers Love'! Both of the stories are so amazing!
Steven Kodaly chapter 17 . 5/30/2008
Very interesting! I really can't add much else, but I enjoyed this Dark!Harry of yours immensely.
1,698 | « Prev Page 1 .. 67 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 87 .. Last Next »