Reviews for Common Sense
Hahukum Konn chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
That was a nice trick with the Polyjuice. :)

I really liked this Political!Harry arc. Good on you for writing it. :)
piwqefjk chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
Great job on this, and good point about the Polyjuice solving plotholes. Nice work there XD Harry as a magical architect . . . I'd love to see him collaborating with Sirius and the Weasley twins to build an amusement house :D
blue artemis chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
I liked that quite a bit.
Nights Silhouette chapter 13 . 2/8/2008
A great chapter, keep it up.
Wonderbee31 chapter 13 . 2/8/2008
Very good, though it looks like Dumbledore has killed the golen goose for his egg with this part, should be interesting to see all the fallout form this now, as well as more of the other stories as well.
Belle chapter 13 . 2/8/2008
Oh! Dumbledore just lost his cool. I would guess that there are some pretty harsh penalties and safeguards against attacking people in the General Assembly. I would think that the Assembly room is responding more than usual to Harry's wishes (I don't imagine that opponents get dressed in humiliating costumes very often). Would that be because he is (despite his unusual maturity) a emotional teenager? I would imaging that the room might be responding to him more than usual because he is less trained and more emotional than the average representative of a country. This of course could lead to some unusual reactions to an attack on a guest in the Assembly room. Dumbledore turns into a goat? One imagines the magic could do it. (One small note, Harry shouldn't know about the Room of Requirement yet, unless he heard about it from Sirius?)

Seeing as how Dumbledore just lost his cool and attacked someone (even non-fatally) in front of a hundred witnesses can we assume that Harry's move in getting Britian stripped of it's protected status has disrupted Dumbledore's plans even more than thought? Or maybe he had something in the Department of Mysteries that was essential to his plans that just got stolen? In any case, loosing his cool is probably anathema to a plotter like Dumbledore and there must be a pretty big reason for it.

Three cheers for Harry's effect on the American's plans not involving Harry taking out the dark wizards himself! As I said before I can't see him being that committed to the American cause that he would hunt down the dark wizards himself. Having him as the figurehead for a political change that enables the Americans to do it themselves is a nice change of pace from the usual.

One imagines that if Dumbledore is emotional enough to attack Harry in person that he will pull out all the stops to get Harry (either under control or unable to interfere in any more of his plans, in one way or another). I would think that Dumbledore would have back plans and contingencies. Does he have hair and blood of Harry's that he will use in a voodoo style attack on Harry? Will he go after Harry's friends to try and draw him out? Will he try assassins? (If he did he would at least be sure that they couldn't be traced back to him.) Dumbledore being the consumate schemer I would think that he would do anything possible to get this loose cannon under control or out of the way. Also, if Harry has enough popular appeal to get this big measure passed through the General Assembly others might be interested in getting that power behind their proposals. I can't wait to see what happens next!
Buffalo1fromSalem chapter 13 . 2/8/2008
Nice one, Could Dumbledunce, could have screwed up more. Can you say diplomatic incident, not to metion government career goes bye bye. more
Wolfric chapter 13 . 2/8/2008
Great chapter. Scrimgeour in a purple chicken suit is a wonderful image and Dumbledore showing his colors in a public venue. What fun. Thanks for writing. W.
Gundum M chapter 13 . 2/7/2008
i'm quite curious to see what happens next
Cateagle chapter 13 . 2/7/2008
Ohh! Nice cliffie, very nice! I did love the political maneuvering the Americans set up and it looks to be causing quite a lot of uproar in conjunction with the article on Dumbledore. Methinks Albus hadn't realized that he'd not covered himself as well as he thought he had. 'Twill be interesting to watch the fallout from that and his attack, at the ICW, on Harry. The briefing reminds me all too much of various briefings I've had to sit (suffer?) through over the years and I loved the prank at the end. :D

I admit, Hermione was one of the two I had figured as "possibles" for the black letter and it seemed most likely that Remus was the white letter; beyond that, I was certain only that Ron was either gray or black and that Neville would've likely been gray (I can see him telling his Gran, but that's all).
katdemon1895 chapter 4 . 2/7/2008
i strongly disagree that hermione would abandon harry but i liked that harry was able to trick dumbledore and snape and i'm glad that remus got to go with harry, nice stories, well done
Belladonna16 chapter 13 . 2/7/2008

Way to play politics Harry!

Very poignant speech too. I loved every single word of it!

And now our dear little ole Dumbles has cast a stupify at Harry. Do, do let us see what happens because of this ill-conceived manuever?
piwqefjk chapter 13 . 2/7/2008
Great chapter - I'm hoping that the room that likes Harry so much is going to do something drastic to Harry XD I can't wait to see what happens with Ron; whether he's mislead, and just wanted to reassure people Harry's OK, then his parents started convincing him to tell more people, or what. Will Harry meet with Fred and George as well?
dexterZ chapter 13 . 2/7/2008
don't think its really a cliffie...JKR can't do romance now add can't do names to that list...gellert? sounds like an ad for Gillette .

pretty large chapter but i skimmed thru the politics talk of it...waiting to see what $h!t dumbles is gonna spout... :P
dogbertcarroll chapter 13 . 2/7/2008
Movin' quickly. Nice work.
1,565 | « Prev Page 1 .. 69 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 89 .. Last Next »