Reviews for Common Sense
Vilkath chapter 10 . 2/13/2008
I loved the hogwarts schooling arc, it was rather orginal imo. Sure some stories have Harry go to other schools or complain about the house rivalry or Headmaster's manipulations but this is surprisingly one the first I have read that actualy attacked the acdemic failings of hogwarts. I mean come on 3 of the what 6 core class's Defense, Potions, History, that are taught the first few years have worthless teachers. Then you have the advanced class's like divination, muggle studies that are just as bad and most the others avoid so much Ministry outlawed subject matter whats the point?

I always found it hard to believe hogwarts was the best in Europe, unless it was the only school. And it does seem to be heading towards extinction with only muggle born who don't know better attending the place. Even the pure bloods who love tradition wouldn't want to go there if they want their children to become powerful wizards and witches. About the only people who graduate with high scores from hogwarts are self taught durring indipendant study.
Vilkath chapter 9 . 2/13/2008
I love your goblins, I alawys thought the wizards trusting them so much was foolish. They rebel almost constantly if history class can be believed, why put your money there? I mean you would think most ancient pure blood houses would rather have some vault under a fidelous charm then trust some goblins with all of your money and valuables.
Vilkath chapter 8 . 2/13/2008
Okay this was the best, craziest idea I have ever read I think. The idea of Harry going around the world killing off Dark lords is pretty funny, and believable. I mean unless the magical comunities change, which is unlikely most of them are set up to just breed disent and hatred. I would imagine Hogwarts life is almost guarnted a new dark lord ever century if it keeps up the way it was durring harry's 7 years.

One really funny aspect is would the wizarding world catch on? I imagine it be pretty funny for some muggleborn to find the movie of Voldemort's defeat in a muggle movie.
Vilkath chapter 7 . 2/13/2008
Loved this story, simple but effective planning. I especialy loved how James delt with Dumbledoor, the man is so used to getting his way and always forgiving people he would never really suspect some one drugging or stunning him in the back. I mean if you believe the books he never noticed his best friend was replaced with a polyjuiced death eater. If Moody was Constant Viligance..Dumbledoor was Plausable Deniablity by ignoring every thing around him.

The whole plot of this was to funny, and a lot of your points make sense. The HP world is filled with illogical events and plot holes if you look at it to closely the wizarding world would never surive itself, it is to self destructive.

The potters going into hiding was always a funny bit, they couldn't aperate out of their house, no escape port keys, even Lily running up the stairs to get Harry had no way out of that room on a broom or anything. Not to mention why they even let Peter be the secret keeper, why not James, Lily or have the secret keeper live in the house they would be protected by the charm itself. You can't even really say it's impossible for the secret keeper to go to the location because Dumbledoor could go to that number 12 place. Not to mention even facing certian death, and the death of their child neither Potter tried to use lethal force against voldemort to even slow him down. If I was lily I would pulled out a gun, or some other means of defence.

No matter how you look at it there are only two real choices for the way things turned out the way they did, either the Potters and everyone involved with their hiding were complete idiots or some one like Dumbledoor sold them out from the start to full fill the prophecy.
Vilkath chapter 5 . 2/13/2008
Hehe I love this story idea, and people are right parts of it seem to be simular to other shows, stories and books but it was still a great fic. The really funny part is not how big of a list Harry has of who should die, but the very short list of people worth keeping alive. The whole british wizarding world was stupid, corrupt and biased. I mean any society dumb enough to believe the words printed by the Daily profit and Minster Fudge is not really one to praise.

Almost every one agree's the Profit is rubish, and yet when big rumors start flying they always seemd to believe it.
Vilkath chapter 4 . 2/13/2008
Better then some the true 'Gets sent to Azkaban' stories I have read, and it is only a oneshot length! Harry did the smart thing, he left planed on training etc. Way better then staying around england within reach of both Voldemort, the Order and the corrupt Ministry. Stories where he hangs out in places like the Leaky Cauldron after breaking out just make no sense if you are trying to avoid wizards.

Why go through some complex revenge plan if he can just leave and left voldemort deal with them? Not to mention the added bonus of Harry being imortal till he kills voldemort, if the prophecy is to be believed.
graup-hagrid chapter 14 . 2/12/2008
Very nice story of Harry taking charge of his life.

Funny how that never occurred to me - oh well.

Thanks for sharing your story
D chapter 14 . 2/12/2008
I think you're only great writer of politacal!Harry fanfic. Seriously. All of your stories are different, interesting, and unique. I'm always happy to see an update.

I'd be interested in seeing what you could do with some magical being focused stories as well as more political tales.

Thanks for writing. Thank you for FINISHING the vast majority of what you start and not getting mired down in the details or losing the plot. I enjoy reading what you spin.
Memory King chapter 14 . 2/11/2008
Brilliant fic, really entertaining and fun to read. The Dumbledore trick was excellent, well excecuted plans are always fun. Looking forward to more!
Simpleinsanity chapter 8 . 2/10/2008
these storys are a strike of brilliance _

i love And Action and A fathers love the best. i hope that we get a sequel on And,action just to see how his life is adjusting to the fame and life as a movie producer and the odd villians that he fights _ (odd snippets of the evil lods personailties and quirks are enough to satify _ ha ha ha)

well i love all these stories _ they are all great and they are all well written /\o/\ yay
SafirePhoenix chapter 14 . 2/10/2008
it wasn't that hard to believe dumbledore would do something like that. the fanfiction has corrupted me. i've seen too many stories where the man goes berserk and stalks harry across the country, kidnapping him multiple times, and even trying to outright murder him. as for appearing at just the right time, i assumed he'd tagged some kind of monitoring device to scrimgeour.
jpotterNY chapter 14 . 2/9/2008
I loved the polyjuiced Dumbledore bit - that was great. This was a wonderful story, just like all of your others. Keep up the good work!

btw - you might want to re-examine this line from this chapter (14)

He overheard a prophecy a year that wound up being about me before I was born.
Kin Pandun chapter 14 . 2/9/2008
You're right. I can't see dumbledore ever being quite -that- stupid. But fun! Yay! for magical architecture!

Thanks for writing,

Kin.
BDSanta2001 chapter 14 . 2/9/2008
Americans blowing stuff up at the ministry of magic, LOL and totally in character for the US.
Banner chapter 14 . 2/9/2008
As always, interesting, different, and intelligent. Good job. Thank you.
1,608 | « Prev Page 1 .. 69 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 89 .. Last Next »