Reviews for Chase This Light
juseung chapter 1 . 6/20
I don't know if you'll ever see this, but I have to leave my thoughts on this story.

I love everything about this story and feel so much for both Draco and Astoria here.

Your characterization of Draco in this story blows me away and leaves me speechless. It's so sad, the way you've written him. I think I cried multiple times while reading this story. This is how I picture his life after the war, when I'm being honest with myself. His family disgraced and people being condescending towards him. Him going on with his life, but not really. Like he can't make it in the world anymore, but he's still alive? You know?

And then he meets her, and he feels like: AT LAST.

"I'm not too busy, if you're not too good." Just throw me off a cliff and into the abyss with those words! Beautiful!

The way you've written Astoria has me so attached to her now. I never thought much about her, about them as a married couple, until I came across this story. Draco's one of my favorite characters and I felt that he wasn't given much in canon, but then I find this story and you put so much between the two of them, I find myself content at the fact that they're endgame. You've given Astoria so much depth. She gives up her marriage to someone she's used to, someone she once loved, and chooses Draco. Chooses Draco knowing that this is going to be tough. She sees in Draco what everyone else fails to see. I guess she sees it because she's the one who loves him, but she sees him. She lets herself see him and love him. I love her.

The kiss they share when she's having doubts is so, so beautifully written. (You'll be sick of the word beautiful with how often I use it. Apologies! I just... I swear I don't have enough words in me to tell you how much I love this story, so bear with me!) Draco gives her the reason why she's chosen him in that one kiss, and she feels it and that's it. They're official and she can do this. When you wrote that she let herself break, I felt like I was walking on air. That she finally let herself break... That was everything, and I'm glad Draco gave her a reason.

Astoria telling Draco that she won't be less than his pride had me in awe of her. I always worry when people cover Draco after the war and dealing with the aftermath of him having been a Death Eater because I fear people will write his mark like it's not a huge part of him, like he doesn't have to deal with it every single day of his life. It's not some small thing that he can just forget about. It's a brand on his skin for the rest of his life, you know? So, thank you for writing that whole bit the way you did. Thank you for your Astoria. She deserves all of him, and nothing less. I really appreciated Draco here, too. That he realized he's got to put Astoria first and has got to overcome this shame and know that it's in the past. He has a future with her, so he needs to stop holding onto this. I'm glad he's got Astoria with him here to work through this with, because he could never do it alone. His pride is such a huge part of him.

The part with them going to their parents after they've married was so well written! When Draco looked to Astoria after her mother slammed the door in their faces, I thought I was going to have to throw a party because he loves her so much he's worried about her in that moment, but there's no need because that's what she expected. I love Astoria's father here. Love that he loves her and will still be in her life. Astoria replying to Lucius' rude letter had me smiling. I get where Draco is coming from about respecting his father, but Astoria is his wife, and she is not less than them. I do wish Draco had said sorry to her, but I agree that it's out of character hearing those words come from him (at least, in this kind of setting) and it was very in character for you to have him show her that he's sorry. Thank you for that. Another part so beautifully written.

I was so upset with Draco when he snatched his hand away from Astoria when she was trying to let him feel her belly because their baby was kicking. I was livid! How you described his mood not being able to change like Astoria's has been with her pregnancy had me even more upset. Draco, find some patience, will you? She's pregnant. With your child. And your child was kicking. But she never asks him again and he never asks either after their fight even though she's forgiven him, and his anger causes him to wait up at night for his child to kick and for him to be able to feel it. I am shaking my head at him.

I think Scorpius' birth is my favorite part of this story. It was difficult to read, though, and I found myself taking breaks before reading on. Draco carries a lot of self loathing, and you touched on it in that chapter. Thank you for that! I felt sick while reading Draco looking on his own child that way and shoving him into his mother's arms, but I also felt it so in character for Draco. Astoria's his anchor, his everything, and not even for his own child would that change. Not in that instance, anyways. He was already getting broken up when he thought he saw her dying right before his eyes. I love that he accepts that he's second to their son in Astoria's eyes now, and that he'd rather that than being last. That made me smile. Yes, Draco, you've got to compromise. Thank you for writing the end of that chapter the way you did. I love that he does acknowledge the fact that he does love his son and that his son's not a monster. Oh, I also love that Lucius was eager to hold Scorpius! Rude as hell, and says a lot of hateful things about Astoria, but he's going to love his grandchild. He loves his grandchild.

Draco trying to bond with Scorpius made me so happy! I love that he's got a close bond with his mother. It's only natural. She spends the most time with him. So, I'm glad she makes Draco go to him when he's crying that one night and that Draco proceeds to have a full on one way conversation with his son. Even though his son doesn't understand a word he's saying. I thought it cute and in character. I love that at the end of that chapter, he's determined to get a smile from his son.

You've put so much into this story! Thank you! For this story and for your characterization of both Draco and Astoria. Thank you for giving them the depth they deserve and allowing them to hurt and work through their hurt together. I love their marriage and love that they've got each other. I'm so glad I found this story. Thank you again! I could say thank you a thousand times and I don't think it'd ever be enough. I hope all is well with you!
Marina Del Pilar chapter 10 . 6/11
Oh, will this ever be continued? I really enjoyed it!
ana chapter 3 . 2/15
i really like where this story is going keep up the good work
sixfullmoons chapter 10 . 7/23/2014
Hi there! Posting a review here since I really like your works but generally when I'm done reading them I'm too busy feeling emotionally unstable. Thank god there is one actual piece of fluff which doesn't leave me blankly staring at my work computer wanting to cry. That being said, I am pretty sad about the fact that it seems you've more or less stopped writing fanfics. I've only discovered your works recently and I really have to praise the fact that your fics really feel real in a way that most fics don't. I think it's the hardest thing about being a fanfiction author- to make both the plot and the writing of your story feel believable, and your stories do that in a way that a lot really don't. Anyways, I guess I'm done with my spiel for now; hopefully you'll find it in your heart to write another couple of stories someday. Otherwise, I'd like to thank you for providing a great treasure trove of fics that I'll probably eventually read all of.
We'reAllMad chapter 10 . 1/21/2014
I love the characters that you've created in this story, as well as the Rowling's characters that you developed even further. It was really enjoyable to read!
Random Person with No Name chapter 6 . 12/20/2013
It's so ironic because this chapter is mainly about Draco's smoking habits and the add at the bottom of the page is for quitting smoking in two hours.
sunburnesd chapter 10 . 8/12/2013
Update! I love this
GwenCThompson chapter 10 . 5/3/2013
This was completely wonderful. Normally I dislike collections of drabbles and one-shots but I guess your is the exception. Brilliantly done with both Draco and Astoria.
Cheerleader16 chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
amazing. never liked astoria until now
moonandstar331 chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
Im already hooked! You have a way with words specifically with description! G
This will be a good look into Malfoy after the war. I always wanted to know more about him. Wish granted! I loom forward to finding out how this unfolds.
Percabethgirl2645 chapter 10 . 10/2/2012
This one's my favorite! Update soon!
hanaemiii chapter 10 . 9/20/2012
Read all three little fics just now. I love the way you write and enjoy the snapshots. I'm always intensely curious about characters who were considered "minor" or just mentioned.
AClassicExampleOfAnOnlyChild chapter 10 . 9/19/2012
Forever Siriusly Sirius chapter 10 . 8/12/2012
This was bloody hilaius. Oh my god. Hahahaha
Shadowface chapter 10 . 4/15/2012
I have to sleep now, but I say that I love this story, and your writing...I'm planning them in tomorrow.