Reviews for The Seduction of Sirius Black
mckinnon-m chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
this was amazing, James and Sirius were just like I imagined them and I adored Marlene's relationship with them and especially her own character because that is just the way I imagine her to have been. A truly great story!
Katara97 chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
My god, you are a talented writer. Every thing flowed perfectly and it was all so realitic. Amazing.
JustKeepOnTheGrass chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
:D
An Aspiring Author chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
awesome story! i really enjoyed reading it!
verity candor chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
E! It was great!
lilyre chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
that was amazingly well written... tho i never figured out what sisrius secret 'incident' was i was really confused... i think my favorite part though was the letter it was amazing
WuHaoNi chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
Brilliantly written and amazingly excellent. I can't find enough good descriptions for this story. Love love love it...it truly is one of the best "first war" stories I've read in a long time. In character, sweet, funny and just wonderful wonderful. I'll be looking for more stories from you. :)
Dangling.Radishes chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
This was beautiful. I am very impressed, I loved marlene. She is so the sirt of person that makes life much more interesting! And i loved your non-cliche viwe of James and Sirius! perfect!
emerald-rainbow chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
Woot Woot! Ireland! Fair play for setting some of it in Dublin, and particularly, informing people of Irish heritage, even if it was only a little bit!

It was quite long, I think it would have worked a bit better in two parts, but it flowed well all the same.

You show a tremendous skill here, an ability to have a story with so many plots and subplots, and feelings rolled intogether. Well done, it came together very well, and I applaud you. And for any fellow Irish Reading this, Up the Banner(Clare!)

Volturi-fied xx
Leridan chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
I liked this story. I haven't read many stories that take place in the first war, but this was one of the best.

Leridan
lyin chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
Hey~ this is an extraordinarily random "2nd review", but to start, I started a C2 for fics with the Prewett bros. in them (because, sadly, they still lack even one character category between the two of them) and HungarianWitch22 reminded me you Seduction of Sirius Black fic should go in, what with its fabulous Prewett-brothers-speaking-French cameo.

Anyway, just to warn you, I recommended your Seduction of Sirius fic at the Reviews Lounge, which is a HP fanfiction community geared specifically towards finding under-reviewed, excellent stories like yours and getting them the attention they way deserve. :D

in checking and seeing that, criminally, your fic still only had 3 reviews, i also realized my extremely long ramble of a review got strangely cut off and probably made little sense. ;P and i thought it was due another go.

ended up rereading it- it really is that good- and just- to clarify ;)- i was trying to say I fell in love from this fic from the very beginning and list a few of the many, many details i really liked about it. great job with the characters, especially Sirius (accustomed to snobbery since childhood ;)); giving the Irish a Ministry of their own!, Irish Death Eaters, the use of Gaelic; a pub actually named the Cloak and Dagger.

Sirius turning the candlestick into a Portkey was one of the most brilliant moves i've ever seen in an Order story.

i really loved your version of Marlene and her interaction with Sirius Black~ and a brilliant job choice for her... love the whole Muggle-clothing subplot too, love that she was a year above them... one crit- the name 'McKinnons' comes up several times as a group of witches/wizards... i wasn't sure if she was supposed to be half-blood or Muggle-born, half-blood could work if her mother was Muggle but canon sort of suggests Marlene and her family were purebloods (the repeated refrain 'the McKinnons, the Bones, the Prewetts' from Bk 1)

James as Marlene was a hysterical move- great use of magic; the use of the phoenix feathers was chillingly lovely, her will was perfect, and, just, wow, great ending. your Marlene definitely deserves a pint in her honor- as do you, for this really great story. i'm very annoyed my review didn't turn out properly in the first place, since i'm sure i said it all much better the first time- but really, a great fic in my favorite Harry Potter era, definitely deserved a proper thanks, from me, for writing it. great job, hope to see more HP fics from you :D
respitechristopher chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
This story takes every aspect of Marauders tales I can't stand: wacky pranks, hacked off!female characters, dodgy schemes, snarky dialogue (okay, actually I enjoy snarky dialogue) and makes me love it. It's so amazingly grown-up, while being as puerile and silly as James and Sirius can be. I do read quite a bit of first-order fiction, usually courtesy of Lady Altair, so I'm used to quite a different dynamic between Sirius and Marlene, but yours makes so much sense. Brilliantly paced, wonderfully executed - a favorite if there ever was one.
lyin chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
the moment marlene's will had the line about transferring sirius' motorcycle ride to her kid brother, I knew this story was going on my favorites (never mind that she's one of my favorite fanfic characters to play around w/, much less the marlene/sirius pairing i've become a little overly attached to- though here the beauty of it is that it's 'not')... this was just great. :D

sirius' whole line to james on strolling in and going cheers!We're from that country over there that subjugated you for a tiny duration because some crazy Muggle had a mind to and we're looking to get pissed in one of your fine establishments... and such on, completely fell in
IAmTheBattleMaiden chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
Excellent. A bit hard to decide the main focus of, but excellent none the less. I would recomend seperating sudden changes of setting or focus with a line like _ or O or - or something like that. Anyway, loved it very much, very amusing and touching. _

Ja-ne! _-
Il'Diko chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
A really well written fic!

I like Sirius's character! And Marlen's too! It's good to read a fic about the first Order of the Phoenix, there are not many fics about them..

I will read your other stories too..

Keep up the good work!