Reviews for Until the End
Oh Indeed chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
Well Faren,

I have just finished reading the Redemption Series.

19 hours of straight reading... I’m very sure that I am going to be kicked out of university for not finishing my assignment...ooops!

Firstly I would like to apologize for not reviewing every chapter in the series. I just wanted to finish reading without any interruptions.

I must say that when I started reading Save Me I nearly stopped reading after the fist few chapters. I found the writing style to be too erratic to really get to know all the OC's properly, but I could see that a wonderful narrative was being constructed. I am so glad that I had faith in your story. Redemption has totally blown me away; your universe will always be remembered by me. The way you write has improved throughout the series so greatly that I am staggered. By the end of Until the End I could see exactly what you could see when you were writing. I can give no greater praise to an author.

I think it would be pertinent to tell you that I normally stay away from HP Fanfiction with too many OC's. Most writers can’t seem to make their characters believable. I have only ever read two other stories that I consider to be complete universes on par with J. K. Rowling’s. Yours in now the third.

Ran, Matt, Bear, Eddie, Peter, Maggie, Stacey, Flip, and Chris.

Not just characters, but truly people.

I am an avid fan of Harry/Draco slash and thought that at some point this series would take that turn, but I’m so glad it didn’t. I really believed Ginny. Normally she becomes a two dimensional image of the perfect wife for Harry. That is not who Ginny is. You really captured her complexities when she moved into her own flat. I really enjoyed reading your Charlie; He made me forgive you for killing Ron. (I am still going to stay angry about the twins. Really? How could you! I mean, Percy and Bill could surely have been available to track down Snape that night?)

I wish you had done a oneshot about the night the boys died; I was hoping it would be in I Am Gryffindor's Daughter. Maybe I can still hope.

Why do I feel that Crash will never learn to live with his father’s death? Is it because Harry was always there to fix everything, did Crash, even when older, somehow believed that Harry was invincible? And why did Charley have to die?

I think that the reason I believe the emotions in this story is because you made hard choices with the fate of the characters you created. It reminds me of DH in that respect.

This review is getting ridiculously long, so I will finish by saying that the American Wizarding Government that you created was a stroke of brilliance.

...And of course by saying thank you for naming Ran's son Ronny. I think I needed that more than Maggie.

Awed

Oh Indeed.

P.s. I'm off to read your next series!
Lola Sound chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
Oh no. I cried. I was really taking a liking to Maggie and really all of your characters. It's very fitting for Harry and Draco to go out in a Blaze of Glory. I've really enjoyed this series and hope to get started on the next work you have soon.
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
You had to invent another Dark Lord didn't you? Though really it makes sense, that's the only was Harry and Draco could go down... And Charlotte and Maggie... This is so sad but still worth the read. I love the idea of Maggie and Ran's son and Draco developing a cure for cancer even if he couldn't save his wife. Poor Scorpius, so many people with surrogate parents in this. Great surrogate parents it's true but still it's so sad. Great job though it was a brilliant series of stories.
what are you even saying chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
FINALLY! I was worried that you couldn't possibly do something that I'd dislike!

I guess I just felt that the series stood strong without this. I'm not sure exactly what you wanted to convey to your readers with this, because I certainly didn't feel much. Still, the series was great, and this was well-written. Maybe it was the song-fic aspect of things? It might have been a factor, at least.

I'll be saving Maggie's story for tomorrow.
Sakura Reservoir Chronicles chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
Wonderful, beautiful...
FirePhoenix86 chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
Beautiful. Maybe another idea after Wise One? Hmm? lol, only if you actually do it. Hurry up with Wise one! I crave more! Love your writing style!
teazer chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
and what a GOOD song it is. when can i hear it other than in my head?
Hamm On Wry chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
This Redemption series was superb, the characters well fleshed out and brought alive. "Until the End" was the perfect end to the series. Although I am unfamiliar with the song (being an olde phart) the lyrics backed up with the description brought a tear to my eyes and a real appreciation to the end of the Potter-Malfoy saga. I could actually see in my mind the picture of Harry and Draco facing down the enemy one last time.

You are a wonderful writer and I would hope that you pursue this talent professionally.

Hamilton
The Quibbler Awards chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
Congrats! Your story "Until the End" was nominated for Best Song Fic at The Quibbler Awards. Before your story can be considered a nominee, though, we need your permission. Please contact us on our site or email us!

The Quibbler Awards

quibbler
ThatGirl7858 chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
breaking benjamin:)

that is like one of my favourite bads and this is one of my favourite songs.

this one shot is so good.

i cried my eyes out, and made sure i listened to the song as i read the story, it made it even more emotional.

i'm still crying:)

that was a perfect end to your stories about these characters and now i can go back and read them all again.

xx

thatgirl
iluvchocs chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
This one-shot was brilliant - the way you interspersed the headlines with the song and the flashbacks was brilliant. Great job.
Eartha chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
Wow. I've pretty much just read through your entire series in a couple of days. I'm stunned by how emotionally real your stories are. You had me crying my eyes out in this one and the one about Maggie. This was a good way to end the story. Harry is a hero, through and through. It was his unfortunate fate to always be the one who saved people. I think it would tear Harry apart to be the final survivor (although I'm sure that would make a great and depressing oneshot). Anywho, great great series. I'll definitely be watching my inbox for updates on your new story.
Solunar chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
YOU KILLED MAGGIE! :'(

And I am Gryff's daughter was too short! I wanted to see more of Ran and Maggie, especially on Ran's side. I wanted to see how he would struggle with his feelings, etc. Oh well...

I loved your "songfic" :D:D:D:D:D:D I especially liked the part with Harry Draco... But you could have made the photographer a relative of the Creeveys. Would have been more...hm.

Lol. Ronny. :P Poor thing... The three families have really had it hard, huh?
TXBuddy chapter 1 . 1/24/2008
It was a great one shot. You have some great story telling skills this is a let down. you could have turned this into a master piece that out stripped your previous work. Critically speaking you should re-do it to a full lenght our give it an off shoot and create another series. you have the material there it all in this short fic to build on academically it is like a very good outline. use it that and turn it into something great. good luck
ArcticFire chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
That was just plain beautiful. Really, just lovely, but so...sorrowful! Not sad, but sorrowful. It's another story altogether, isn't it?

Looking forward to 'The Wise One'!

Arcticfire