Reviews for That Elusive Quality
englishtutor chapter 1 . 11/1/2016
This is quite lovely. I enjoy your exploration of this quintessential friendship very much.
Azolean chapter 2 . 4/24/2015
It would appear I have been remiss in the past regarding commenting. I came across this in my fav's and was enthralled all over again at your brilliant writing style. I love your canon portrayal of the characters in this one. It was a fantastic piece. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this and sharing it with us all.
Rat chapter 2 . 6/26/2014
I can not express how much I love these two. They are the perfect friends. :)
Dogmatil chapter 2 . 9/2/2013
Aww, you managed to make me cry just with that last sentence ; and I actually tried not to cry again, but it couldn't be helped. It was so sweet and still in character for Holmes that it just broke my poor heart :P
Werde Spinner chapter 2 . 8/19/2013
Again, a time machine and a mind reader, I swear.
Werde Spinner chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Okay. *throws up hands in defeat* I swear, if I didn't know better, you had both a time machine and a mind-reader, and had gone back in time to read Holmes' thoughts and write them up for us. Because this chapter is that perfect.
nimagine chapter 2 . 3/1/2013
Tears of happiness!
Sundapple chapter 2 . 12/22/2012
It keeps being good!
I love how you can give Holmes emotions without it seeming strange. He really does care about Watson, but he can so rarely show it. With these scenes we get a really touching look into his true feelings.
cjnwriter chapter 2 . 11/27/2012
I absolutely love this. It is so perfect, and brings tears to my eyes. I love how Holmes is so distraught, and how Watson understands him and what he needs.

This just makes me want to hug everyone within reach :)
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
KCS
Your stories are utterly brilliant. They are well written, true to character (as far as I know), and enthralling. I am trying to make my way through all of them, and it is well worth it. There are so good, I am unfortunately neglecting my schoolwork to read them.

Book girl fan
Mister D8a chapter 2 . 8/10/2012
Brilliant, again.

James
Lemon Zinger chapter 2 . 1/22/2010
Another one I found while trying to shuffle through your many H&W FFs... Very touching! I always tried to imagine if they ever talked about that night, you did a good job.
Sarai chapter 2 . 2/26/2009
I like it. Which story is Alphie introduced in?
Tristan-the-Dreamer chapter 2 . 11/17/2008
I liked how you described Holmes' hands being almost too shaky to hold a cigarette! Also how you put in description about hout Watson feels when he wakes up from morphine.

I think I'm weirdly picky about ending sentences, because I feel the same way for this chapter as for "Blood on His Hands" just like the last words are beads on a necklace, and I, for some obsessive reason, want to unstring the necklace and put the BLUE bead to the LEFT of the orange, if you get my meaning...

But I liked it on a whole, of course.
Tristan-the-Dreamer chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
Very painful, when Holmes called his life "empty" it was a knife to me...and for once his love for drama has gotten him in serious trouble.

It was strange to read of an old and comforting pipe; I had never thought of a pipe being like that, like an old sweater you know well, but it makes perfect sense!