Reviews for The Gaze
dreamy-bananas chapter 2 . 4/22
This actually goes crazy well with O Mine Enemy? I almost feel like I just got a glimpse into Snape's mind, of that story. (Which also reminds me how much I'd love to see you write his POV someday. You would knock that out of the park, I know it!) Anyway, I love the change in tone between these two poems. It's almost like Snape at the beginning of O Mine Enemy and Snape at the end. My FAVORITE line is the end: "So why does it betray me now, when he looks my way and grins?", but "No right to be more her than him" is a pretty powerful one too :) LOVE!
poorladymontague chapter 2 . 12/29/2019
I love this!
Guest chapter 2 . 10/3/2019
Love it!
AngelMoon Girl chapter 2 . 9/15/2019
I liked this already... I like it even more now! First of all you write very lovely poetry. Kudos for killing it in a very difficult medium! Secondly, I love how Snape’s perspective shifts in this latest drabble and maybe it’s just because I’m re-reading OME, but, it really feels like a fitting parallel! Ah, the thrill of character growth!
Alomoria chapter 1 . 9/15/2019
Aw wow, I think both parts of this are so beautiful. It definitely captures the feeling and insecurity, so very forlorn. Thank you for writing them!
Always A Dragon chapter 2 . 9/14/2019
I quite liked this, I found the poem-format really refreshing.
Nirehtyls chapter 1 . 7/24/2016
Snape. Probably the least "happy" character in the Harry Potter characterizations. You captured him well.
Lillian snape chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
I think this is really good nice one.
NightStalker21 chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
Aww, this was when Severus went to see baby Harry at the Dursleys after Voldemort killed his parents; when he's still in mourning for Lily. This was very well written and I'm impressed! Great poem for a great story, that need I remind you - you promised to finish? Almost a year ago? I'll stop pushing. I love the poem!
JSML chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
AMAZING!
Lizzy chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
I like it... but now I'm sad.
kinda evil chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
Cheeky, but i hope your boss never finds out if things like this cause such great idea's, its brilliant:) Poetry is always greatly improved when one has a broad range of words, which you obviously have down pat I hope you do a couple more “drabbles” as you call it in the future, they really are a good read.
AngeloftheOdd chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
Very well done. I always appreciate poetry that captures the soul of the character.
Sal chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
Really great poem! Very realistic take on Snape's emotions. So glad you are back to writing!