Reviews for Qui Porte des Oeillieres
The Witch of The Underworld chapter 2 . 11/28/2014
I don’t know why… but for some reason this paragraph took my breath away… ‘Because dust stained the sunset crimson, and mist made the morning shimmer. Because Gods now roamed the Earth and resided in their playing cards. Because for the first time in years Malik was mere feet from her, and Seto Kaiba was inches.’
It’s truly like you poured your heart and soul in identifying with Isis’s pain and isolation. Every word speaks to me, and it so beautiful. Amazingly articulated and such a fabulous writing. I heart your stories.
The Witch of The Underworld chapter 1 . 11/28/2014
This is very different and unique from anything I've read before. It's like you've done an extensive analysis on Isis's personality, explored every inch of her character, and taken things to a new direction. Seriously, I was taken in this story from the very start, be it Isis comparison to her helpless past, her coming to terms with the necklace, and then bracing that power and understanding what it means. I've never read such a beautiful story before. Totally amazed. Loved that kiss... and the ending was so Kaiba-like!
WritingAmateur chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
Love this-cute, well-written and sharply funny, especially the end. More, please!
Elficiel chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
Another great reading. I love your grasp on Ishizu's character; the reflections perfectly suits her attraction and reverence to mystical things. While I think Kaiba got an OOC touch by opening up to her ("It's just that, for the past few days, I don't know what to believe anymore"), the way you had him indulge in a physical solace with her was very interesting to consider. I loved that you gave to both of them a gullible reason for kissing. Also, the end was perfect, so Kaiba-like. I wonder how Ishizu reacted to that. ;P
Hanqing chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
... wait, what happened? _ ;

It started off as a really interesting spiritual piece I suppose, with some great insight into Ishizu's character, especially as she accepts (resigns?) herself to her percieved duty and Kaiba's reaction. Although the end startled me. I guess I sort of expected something like that, considering Kaiba's personality, but it startled me enough that I reread it again. I'm still not sure what happened, but either way, good job.
InTheShadowOfSignificance chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
Your writing style is very poetic, I like that about it. The insight to Isis was obviously well thought-out and described, which at the beginning of your story was the first plus. I can't stand rushed or lacking introductions, they seem to strip the story of it's mood. Everything was well-paced despite being a little overly-descriptive, which really helped tie the ending together. Seto's reaction was perfectly in character and was a nice contrast to Isis's thought process, which seemed to revolve without end. Their speech was something you could imagine being directly quoted from the anime, so props for that as well.

Overall...please pursue a writing career.
elias chapter 1 . 7/30/2008
great story!
TheWanderingAuthor chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
I will not lie when I say that your writing talents completely bewilder me, as they are in complete divergence with your presented age. Presented. Oh, but who are you to lie? Your chosen genres and style are above and beyond the expected level of maturity, your comfort in expression fit for one many years older. I must say that you will continue to astound your readers with your methods of approach and resounding diligence in your work regardless of age as ability will surely grow with you.

I have yet to tackle your lengthier story, but I hope you've since learned to pace yourself. Heavy text can sometimes be intimidating and you lose focus in over-description. Contrary to your apologetic intentions, I, for one, am glad that you are not easily discouraged by limited knowledge of the subject to be able to take interest and fly. In fact, you thrive on canon ambiguity.

Yes, it was an enjoyable read.

Regards,

TheWanderingAuthor
Arien Elensar chapter 1 . 3/21/2008
Wonderful job! This is one of the few belivable Trustshipping fics I've come across. :) You've developed the story along nicely and best of all, they're in character! :D I hope to see more from you in the future.

If you have any Isis x Seto recommendations I'd love to hear them.

Also, I've linked your fic here:
adele4 chapter 1 . 1/28/2008
What an impressive view on Isis! There's a pathos in the style – that seems to fit her way of thinking well – that took me some getting used to, but the writing is really good, and precise, if that makes any sense. That too seems to suit her, because there's a strong sense of her existing physically, of course (and I like how she never really loses that, even though the visions), but also being above things, analysing them more than other people.

One image I liked a lot was "as if the gods had a sight that they were itching to show her and simply couldn’t wait to showcase their creation".

I kind of want to shake her, though. She'd deserve to have a life of her own!

I think there's a word missing in this sentence: "way that she knew would to her to Seto’s quarters"?

This "He had probably been preparing it in his head before he answered." made me grin. Oh, Kaiba. Not that it -has- to be true, but there mere fact someone else can think this about him... *g*

I love how you created a confrontation between them; they can be really great opposites, with their so different views, and I liked the contrast between her thoughts, and then his first words. I was a bit worried when she sees "him consider, weaken, falter", because I can't see him give in that easily, but I liked how it turned out. And the ending came as a bit of a shock even though it shouldn't have.
Caleigho chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
Now...this is a brilliant fanfic. Nice twist at the end, the characters are in character, and it's very vivid. Now,continue, please.