Reviews for What Hurts The Most
bg Roman chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
I love this story and I'm jealous of your talent!

Brilliant all the way through. I love this:

I don't like Betty, and I know myself better than my sister and Hilda. After all, I am me.

You captured the voice of the character and the "I am me" really jumped off the page.

Pangs when I read this:

We're merely acquaintances. Friendly faces. Business associates, in a way.

Sad ending. Awww, poor Gio. You made me feel his pain.
Livia55555G chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
Written apparently between Odor in the Court and A Thousand Words by Friday. I've read this again and again, whenever I've wanted a laugh, and still believe it's the best piece of humor writing I've read on the Gio/Betty UB list. The growing realization by Gio of his true feelings just as Betty slips away from him is done very well and stays true to the character of Gio as it had been portrayed up to that time. Establishes a writing voice for him that is consistent with his dialog voice on the series. Well done!
sideairbag chapter 1 . 1/23/2008
Aw so sad, you should continue into a multi chapter fic and tell about the days when Betty comes back to see Ignacio and Gio, and maybe have her start to fall for him, or something. I dunno, my lame idea.
MRACR chapter 1 . 1/23/2008

*bursts out sobbing*

That was so good and so sad and sadly possibly true. I so want the whole Gio Betty thing to work out, but this was an awesome fic. It made me laugh AND cry, which is always a hard feat for an author, and it was just all around great. But I do hope it doesn't happen really.

I used to be all Henry and Betty lover, but once Henry got Charlie pregnant it was WAY OVER, dude. Gio's awesome anyway. Quack. Arf. Quack. Arf. OMG lol.

Oh and congratulations for being the first Ugly Betty fic (though I watch the show all the time and read fanfics of it often) that I've actually reviewed! LOL
Tammy chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
I loved it!
Paxa.Romana chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
Geez, first Antonella and then Hilda? This is absolutely ridiculous! Ludicrous! Nonsensical! Preposterous! I could go on and on about how absurd it was, but I don't have my thesaurus handy.

xD Aw, I like Gio a lot. He makes me laugh, and as much as I like Henry, Gio is just a TINY bit better. And so commence the Gio quotes…

As you can see, that's been kind of hard. Half the time I've said Henry, and the other half, Egg Salad. I'm not a perfect person.

I was kinda bummed. Not because I like her! But because we're .

I told her I wasn't pressing charges, she was like “No, no, I'm ready to face the consequences of my actions.” That is, until the cop told her she was facing five years in prison. Then she looked at me and I said, yet again, that I would not press charges.

She told me not to call her family but... then Hilda showed up. It wasn't me that called them, though. One point for Gio.

Not that I'm keeping score or anything...

Oh, crap. I'm jealous of Egg Salad.

Screw my promise, I'm gonna call him whatever I want. He's taking Betty from me.

... whoa, where'd that come from?

I've seen The Office. When Jim tells Pam that he loves her, even though she's been with Roy for, like, EVER, and she's about to marry him. Pam, of course, says she can't. She can't just drop everything for Jim.

Although... she ends up dumping Roy for Jim.

(xD xD xD)

All these lines were hilarious. And you are now, in my eyes, a saint because I've had a horrible day with my stupid brother and his dumbass friends who made me CRY (yes, cry) over practically nothing.

Now that the rant is over… I loved this a lot. And the end made me sad, but in a good way; it sort of settled that Gio was in love with Betty but he kind of accepted the fact that they couldn't be together.

This was very, very sweet.
hospitality chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
love it, your writing is beautiful.

it's interesting to see Gio's POV.
JateSkateFate815 chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
This was funny until the end. When Henry entered the equation. Then it got sad. Aww, poor Gio. Really great job.
alkali-feldspar chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
How awful is it to think that dear Gio's a mere plot device? Or even worse, that he imagines himself as one! No no no, I refuse. ;)
viva los angeles chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
Um, first, love that song. I heard the Rascal Flatts version (my fave) in the car this morning en route to church.

Secondly, I found myself cracking up the whole time I read this until I got to the whole moving-away thing. Stupid Henry. Stupid Betty! How could that possibly ever work out?

And my favorite line: "Betty's not a dangerous person. Unless, apparently, you give her a trash can." That's quite funny.

Anyway, keep writing!
SewerUrchin chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
Poor Gio! *snuggles him* I love how perfectly you write Gio's POV-in denial until it's too late, so sad! But a wonderful fic nonetheless!
StudyInViolet chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
You kept the character real, something hard to do in fanfic. I felt like this would be close to something that going on in Gio's head at the time. It was also fairly realitic given that is shows just because Gio might like Betty doesn't mean he has any right to go up and expect the same vice versa.

The Office analogy went over my head mostly and only adds something if the reader is likewise a fan as well. Good job though!
Beatrice Benedick chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
Ah! thats one of the funniest Gio stories Ive read! I can even imagine that messy head. And you made it a tragedy. Oh... such suffering...

Not sure I liked the "office" bit at the end, it watered all the emotion you have been peaking. For me the story has a perfect ending right with the words: "I can't tell her. I can't do that. I just... can't."

Lovely short story! Overall I loved it. Thanks for writing it. _