Reviews for Definitely Not Vichyssoise
TheDonutMistress chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
It's been a long time since I read your work, and now I'm kicking myself for it. You write some of the best stuff around here, and you're definitely one of my favorite, favorite authors within this fandom.

I wondered where you were going with the title and I have to say I really, really liked how it played out.

Your Baralai and Gippal are wonderful. Like always.
Yuna Of Besaid chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
I think you must be one of the writers who I used to read all the stories they posted before I was a memeber. In a completly non-stalker way, I love your work! Maybe because I have a thing for Baralai and his amazing chocolate eyes and snow white hair and- Ahem. ANyway, your great!
Songsa chapter 1 . 9/6/2008
Wow, this was so awesome. I loved reading this! It was so well-written and entertaining and you captured Gippal perfectly.

Admittedly I was getting a little afraid of this turning into a Gippal/Baralai pairing. But, from what I got from this, Gippal and Baralai are just very close friends and I loved the way you captured their bond the moment they saw each other again. I've had moments in my life when I have felt that way before; seeing an old, good friend after a long time has passed.

Anyway, I am rambling. This was outstanding and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

~TurboTwistedFire
DarkenedPetals chapter 1 . 1/28/2008
Aw that was soo good! I loved it!

Love Gippal he's such a good character and you really made him great! It was so amusing and brilliant!

There were also so many lines i absolutely loved in that, for instance;

Gippal wanted to tell him precisely where he could shove the Grand Maester,

Crossdresser… Looks like a dress to me

Cockless Lai then.

Gippal continued to eat the flan droppings disguised as an apple, doing his best to make the most noise he could while eating it.

I know there's a few there but there were many more i loved! hehe

Brilliant!
Tikkuy chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
Good to see your back! This was a really cute story.

NOW GIVE MEH SMUT.
heaven-monument chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
Very enjoyable and full of suspense. That Yevon guard puts religion to shame. 9/10

And liking the title... and the idea of vichyssoise. I love potato soup... but warm, not cold... yay.
Micayasha chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
I really like this - the back-and-forth, from past to present - and their little phrase, even though I don't actually know what vichyssoise is. I love that it's their little 'password'.

I have to say, even though I liked Gippal's teasing about Nooj and Baralai 'comparing cocks', Gippal calling Baralai 'Cockless Lai' was... kind of weird for me. Also, I didn't like Gippal calling the guard Kaka for no apparent reason. It just seemed kind of odd that he'd come up with a random name for the guard, especially when the guard didn't play a big part in the story.

But I really liked this, so it's going on my Favorite Stories.