Reviews for Gohan's Dilemma
lifefailout000 chapter 46 . 9/16
This isn't so much a review as it is a bit of nitpicking. Let me start off by saying that I'm one of those nasty lil' DBZ purists. Proud of it. However, in regards to your story, the first honest feeling that comes to mind is awe. It's VERY rare to find not just a decent Naruto/DBZ crossover, but an amazingly well-written one at that. Finally someone who knows what he's doing! Buuuuuuuuut...

Your rants on the enormous power gap ruining these kinds of crossovers left me disappointed. Those kinds of over-generalizations are rampant and just plain WRONG. Take a look at Resurrection: The Last Z Warrior by The Burdened Muse, a prime (and admittedly one of the few) example that completely counters that nerfing nonsense. That story is not unlike, let's say, Superman, an alien seen as a god living among humans, changing the world as we knew it. Gohan takes a similar role in the world of the shinobi in the aforementioned story, and it's an amazing read.

I'm not saying that all Naruto/DBZ crossovers should be like Muse's, but that whole "power scaling for realism" bit is getting old, and stories like The Last Z Warrior prove that the former is not the only way to go about writing these types of fics.

And pairing Gohan with someone?! I don't care if it's Sakura or FemKyuubi, but WHAT?! Thirteen year olds kissing it up aside, I always feel more than irked when DBZ characters are paired up with anyone. It's just weird, man. I mean it's DBZ for crying out loud.

So that last bit was pretty trivial, but stories like yours are few and far between; it's one of the best, and I think you should keep up the good work, man. But saying Gohan waving his hand and consequently decimating the entire Narutoverse is the only alternative to YOUR way? Well, that's just plain disingenuous.
this story was interesting in fue first chapters but it become anoing and don't seem logical at all for starters sasuke he didn't lose control over his curs seal. second ho the freakin sand whitstand power which can diestroy freaking planet, even master roshi destroy moon in the db series so that makes sand special. what wive characters it's seams bit of and seems a lot diferend than in seperat anime. idea great and all but stronges know being at the time almost lost fight to sand man and his power lvl in ssj just half snakegay.
LightningFireZC chapter 46 . 8/13
This story is awesome! 5* rating.
Its so amazing reading through this story that im dying for the squeal, going to get to ASAP.
You've got yourself a loyal reader out of me
bmagana595 chapter 1 . 8/3
You are forgetting something. You forgot that the stages of super sayians are exponentially greatter than the last. Super Sayian 2 is 2X stronger than Super Sayian 1. Super Sayian 3 is 4x stronger than Super Sayian 2. Super Sayian 4 is 8X stronger than Super Sayian 3. So Is SSJ2 is as strong as 4 tailed Naruto, and SSJ3 is 4X stronder than the second state, then the Kyuubi is not stronger then Super Sayian 3.
LightningFireZC chapter 4 . 7/23
This reminds me of the, Goku, Luffy and Toriko cross over, how they downgraded Goku to match the others.
TheExpL0DiNgaPplE chapter 1 . 7/20
So you're telling me that some demon fox monster (with impressive powers yes) is more powerful than a being that can destroy worlds many times over? Sure.
FxRobalino chapter 46 . 6/18
I must say that I was fascinated by this story, it has everything a story needs except in some cases where it is really exasperating.

My only recommendation would be not you contradict yourself brother ┬┐In a chapter the SS is so strong to easily decimate Jiraiya and Itachi and the following need of a SS2 to defeat Orochimaru?

I understand the need to match things up a bit, after all a Super Saiyan would destroy everything in the world ninja without sweat, but do not overdo indeed with the powers, it would be much more real if a SS with some difficulty could defeat Orochimaru and SS2 is on par with Itachi completely, heck I even think that way could not compare.

The way they are made both animes one SS2 would be on par with Kyubi or even stronger after all a Super Saiyan 2 can destroy the world with an attack.

To match really things I would do to SS3 on par with the Kyubi, the real problem of your story is that every time these fluctuating power of Gohan, remember that a Saiyan becomes stronger when lives being close death.

In your story seemed to grow weaker, a moment was so strong as to destroy the Leaf Village and the next single with Sasuke could not so pathetic as it has with the curse seal transformation.

Also remember that actual humans who use the Ki are not as strong as for example Saiyayin and the Kaio-ken that does not compare with SS.

Otherwise the story is very good and I loved the parts where Gohan got really serious and tore all those uppity ninjas. We read on below.
Sorry buddy but dragon ball z crossovers just don't work for one simple reason: saiyans rule, for example here you say that full kyubbi mode would be stronger than a ssj4 when it says that the kyubbi could make tsunamis just by swinging its tail, gohan can blow up planets without even powering up ffs he could destroy every one in the naruto universe without trying shame but that's just the way it is
MGStarFire chapter 4 . 4/30
You've made hogan patethically weak to need to transform to beat haku he's weaker than Raditz don't get me wrong it's a good story I'm jays angry at how weak gohan is I mean he trained hard to be as strong as he is in cannon and now he probably can't even beat master roshy
MGStarFire chapter 1 . 4/30
like the story so far but the power scaling really bothered me the awthor of naruto said it himself that madara is as strong as madara so gohan should be able to be as strong as the kyuubi in his ss1 transformation if not in his base form i hope you fixed this in later chapters because this could be a deal breaker for me
hybridwolf14 chapter 1 . 4/29
so Gohan is now a pussy. fuck you the guy work had for what he got.
No kin is doubled every SS ascension so
SS12 tails
SS2 4 tails
SS3 8 tails
SS4 or JUBII
SSTR87 chapter 2 . 4/11
Lol poor Kakashi, he's trying to teach but is lacking in information. Also, I've never heard ki relayed as mental energy. I suppose it's possible. Either that or more lacking of information on the ninja part.
SSTR87 chapter 1 . 4/10
An interesting concept. I like it so far. The power scaling can be ignored completely as there are so many timelines to choose from. Going with the Bojack movie and timeline is perfect as the alien pirates really were not that impressive aside from Bojack doing his typical movie power up.
Josiah chapter 2 . 3/31
I was looking forward to seeing how you would work in an over-powered creature like a saiyan in the naruto-verse.

I was disappointed.

gohan is just pointlessly over-powered compared to everyone, with no sensible limiter placed on him, and any fight he is not ending immediately is being done more for author's convenience rather than through any really sense. For example, a quick power up into super saiyan would have taken care of the zero visibility mist right away by blowing it all away.
1,636 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »