Reviews for Coda
hyperpsychomaniac chapter 15 . 3/17
Okay, so I should have read this like 3 years ago. Truth be told I had a bout of nostalgia brought on by some weird dream about Random, which for the record does not happen often.
I wish you had finished but this is still awesome. I love that you included Mark thinking back on the incident with the roof ( which I only barely remember). I love the screaming roaches, though I am not quite sure why. I was completely able to visualize the monster thing, which was just awesome and epicly scary. Also didn't mind seeing Random's brains (also well described).
I don't know if you ever planned on finishing this but if you can even remember the ending you had planned would love to hear it. Xo
nightwatchman707 chapter 15 . 1/4/2011
Woo an update. Havent had any new ace stories for ages. Cant wait for the next chappie.

'Wow,' Random said, dryly. 'Frankly I'm quivering in repressed terror. Weakling.'

*cracks up*
Blue-Inked Frost chapter 15 . 1/4/2011
Eeeee, squee! :D What a wonderful chapter, Scarab. I especially loved this line: 'Lord and Master never alive, silly Lightning Knight Angel person! Lord Fear dead and deathness. Lord Fear is death of world!' . Wow. Very good having the prophetic-like lines come from the likes of Pigface and Anvil, their simplistic voices. I also liked your description of Anvil falling apart a lot. And I liked sarcastic Random. This was great, Scarab!
Blue-Inked Frost chapter 14 . 1/1/2010
:D Bravo! Totally brilliant. So many bits here I really especially liked:

Sparx fighting twin impulses to hug the kid and bash his head against the nearest rock. -d'aw! I love your Sparx.

And the battle scene was good! Exciting and tense. I like these nothingness-monsters you're fashioning.

I also liked your Lord Fear, and his sarcasm. And his sarcasm a lot. I loved this Anvil bit:

"‘Creepy kilobyte man has no heart...’ Anvil muttered under its breath. ‘No more heart than Anvil.’

Oh. Now he began to show signs of having cognitive awareness beyond “me Anvil, me smash this rock”. Typical."

:D :D :D

The way you wrote Kilobyte also gave him an interesting and dramatic role to play. I liked that negotiation between him and Fear, and Rat's interjections.

I also enjoyed the dialogue at the end-Mark trying to hide Fear from Sparx, Sparx reacting and emoting, Random interacting.

This is great. I'm so happy you're continuing this, squee!
Blue-Inked Frost chapter 13 . 11/2/2009
:D This was great. I love how you brought Kilobyte back into the story-really nice use of the character. I also enjoyed the moment where Fear's minions appear again-it's a great image, like in ep 26. And the description of Sparx trying to run on the melting ground. I think perhaps you could have ended her section without saying she saw the others, to make it seem a little more suspenseful before she inevitably turns up and unleashes SoJ power on the multi-minion thing _.

Aww, Rat. His banter's nice.

And Lord Fear walking out there. His reminiscences were fascinating to read-and this kind of ending for him... XD I think it needs some follow-up in the next chapter, though, because I'm not convinced he's dead without learning more about the scene. :P

Lovely as usual. Your writing's great.
Blue-Inked Frost chapter 12 . 10/24/2009
Wow! :D Oh, Scarab, I'm so very, very happy.

I love how you described the nothingness at the beginning, the simile of the painted glass and the long description of the imagery: "Capricorn trees were twisting in between the remnants of a merry go round pony with the body of a skeleton."

Chuck and the pop culture references XD. That was cool!

Also liked the Rat. And the byplay about "high brow entertainment"-hilarious! :D

Then Sparx-go Sparx. She's great.

And Mark and Tyran and Lady Illusion. I really like how you managed that emotional conversation without becoming bogged down in the minutiae of it; you made it fascinating and great to read, always flowing nicely.

Random fixing the shield was also a great moment to lighten the flow-a bit of humour. :D I'm really liking the Random/LI interactions too.

And a very serious ending indeed. You rock, Scaraby-this fic is wonderful. Thank you for writing it. Sorry this review is such a disjointed collection of impressions; I loved this chapter. Incredible work.
Thsdoilenfelutap9bnawp9i-qeg chapter 11 . 8/1/2008
Yay! Another chapter! Loved it. Keep up the good work!
Anon chapter 10 . 6/11/2008
BRILLIANT!...I think thats all that needs to be said really
Sarah Frost chapter 8 . 2/11/2008
You don't want to *know* how many times I re-read your last bits. :D You are seriously outstanding as a writer. Count me in shock and awe.

I really liked the Vow. The description of the magic-and the harshness of it. Sparx'll be fighting for her redemptive path in the future, and now LI for her freedom. Being bound to Ace like Lord Fear is one of few things that could poison that relationship. This was really, really *good*-chilling and border-dark and very, very impressive.

An' this whole thing is making me squee like crazy. _
Wile E. Coyote chapter 6 . 2/6/2008
It is quite good so far, Scarab and I like the fact that it is based in the game. I am confused though too, since I never read the roleplay (not to mention I wasn't allowed to play in it.) Who is the voice in Mark's head?
random gypsy chapter 5 . 1/26/2008
Yay! An update! Honestly, you could practicaly SEE the cobwebs building up. Any way, good story, lots of suspense. Please don't make this one o the -many- stories that have been abandoned. I really like this one.
Ashley162 chapter 5 . 1/25/2008
3 updates in one day. wish everyone updated that fast. :P

The last chapter was intriguing. made me want to read more.
Ashley162 chapter 2 . 1/21/2008
I loved reading the roleplay so its cool to see something new to do with it. how many chapters do you think this is likely to be?