Reviews for Sunny Road
AquariumJello chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
Your writing is very exquisite; I love it. The theme is not necessarily new (but you probably already know that) yet your way of writing and telling the story makes it very much an original. It was great to see the growth of Tifa and Cloud and their relationships and the realistic hardships that they have to go through.

Beautiful.
Squeeze-the-Fish chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
This story really made me sad. I did enjoy seeing Cloud being the slightly optimistic one though. I thought your imagery was nice and the scenes you put in there (Marlene leaving, Cid’s baby) added to tangibility of Tifa’s pain. Good job.
With A Smile chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
I cannot believe I didn't review you sooner!

FOR SHAME, WAS, BOW YOUR HEAD IN SHAME!

Okay, okay, so I loved this. I loved every second of it, every little word and every little detail that you strung together to create a masterpiece. I loved the quiet ways you write that tied the simplest things together to create the grandest meanings possible. I love the way you write, your attention to characterization, your portrayal of Cloud, and blast it, I LOVE IT ALL!

The concept, when I first saw it conceived by Pied Flycatacher (Fragility truly is beautiful), intrigued me, and I loved the way you spun it, to make it your own and still give kudos to Pied. It's crazy how cool and how much I love this.

No, I can't stop gushing and I WON'T stop gushing. I have to make my way through your entire story list, because YOU deserve it.

GOO SUMMONER LUNA!

- WAS
Qwi-Xux chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
I'm really glad you wrote this. There are so many ideas of what the effects of Mako could have had on Cloud, and it makes perfect sense that sterility could be one of them. It's going to be painful for Tifa, obviously, but hopefully they will be able to deal with it together.

I'm also loved the touch of Denzel coming home and asking what he was supposed to write on his school papers, and that being what caused them to get married. Like, 'oh, we hadn't really thought about it...sure, let's make it official.' And Marlene yelling about how to do it properly was the perfect touch.
Ardwynna Morrigu chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
That slow road towards acknowledging their relationship lends itself well to the eventual realization and the spiral of constant disappointment I've heard the unwillingly childless go through. It's a nice change seeing Cloud choose the hopeful option, even if it is a bittersweet one.
Some singular person chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
good read, yet the feeling of unoriginality hits me.
NRGburst chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
This was lovely. Very sad, but I like that Cloud won't give up, giving it just the faintest taste of hope.

One criticism- (please don't take this the wrong way because I just want to give honest feedback) Perhaps I am just too dense to understand the analogies, but I still can't understand what is happening in your final sentence, and I've read and re-read it several times. The words are very pretty- but the meaning is rather opaque, and led to puzzlement on my part, rather than the satisfaction of closing. Is it from that book you mentioned that the piece is named after?
lenoirs chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
ooh, well you defineftly caught my eye. i clicked on the story because it was an emiliana torrini song, what a coincidence! i love her! and its cloti, an added bonus. your writing style interests me and i cant wait to hear an update. id love to read a chapter named after a coldplay song
Paintball Willie chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
hmm... i dont think ive ever read a fic about the long term effects of mako... thats really good and i liked it alot

peace out and happy splatting
sckry chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
Lovely and sad at the same time. This was beautifully written, and I think that the idea is more then possible when you think about it logically.

Great stuff!