Reviews for November, 24th
Valiowk chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
This is a very unique and well-developed one-shot. Most of the fanfiction around tends to treat Viktor very superficially, so it's a real treat to read a story that explores his character and surroundings in detail. The story also feels very realistic, in contrast to the many stories that tend to paint a flat, two-dimensional picture of the Durmstrang students. I especially liked the ending, where the Durmstrang students, despite not having the best of feelings towards each other, nevertheless got together and supported each other. There's something very poignant in that final moment when the glasses clinked.

Regarding the translation: I read the original version of the story in Russian after reading this. (I'm studying Russian on my own; unfortunately my Russian is still not good enough for me to feel comfortable writing a review in Russian, so this review is in English. :P ) I've also tried to translate some short stories before, so I understand the trickiness of capturing the tone and rhythm when translating into another language. I think you did a great job in capturing the feeling of the piece and making the story sound natural in English. :)
laenamoradadeROGUE chapter 1 . 4/19/2008
i am bloody confused,
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
Nice one-shot. I would like to see this continued, actually. It's very good.