Reviews for My Missing Half
ThetaGraphics chapter 4 . 5/18/2013
Pretty good. I just finished watching the Figure 17 anime, and like you, wasn't too thrilled about the ending.

I realize that this story has not been updated in over five years, and as such, the chances of updates are slim, but I hope to see another chapter someday. ;)
quickshot0 chapter 4 . 11/8/2009
Well you certainly put in a fair amount of work to figure out a way the legal system would decide she must exist and that some how the paperwork in the past got corrupted. Considering the hospital won't have any record of her. But 'obviously' some one must have screwed up there, cause you can't argue with the actual physical evidence in front of you. Basically our more science oriented civilization would favor your position in the end, though it will cause some consternation.

About the weight issue, it's like Baughn said, Carbon is a much more preferable material for nanomachinery, basically it is no coincidence that Biological organisms favor it as well. So weight isn't as big a deal as one might think.

On that note, while they never got injured in normal form, Hikaru did carry over injuries from their fights to her body. Though this also shows that she recovers rather quickly from such damage.

In any case, I hope you try to atleast add a few more chapters on to this, it's some what interesting and there really is far to little based on Figure 17.
Traveler chapter 4 . 4/30/2009
(nods) Impressively done. I like the glow. I imagine it's a golden glow, personally, but one supposes it could be another color. But I like that color. Several of the bunnies glow gold. It's a quirk/feature. But, yes, I would like to see more of this, presuming in any case you've not gone and abandoned it...
A Tsubassa Hikaru Fan Here chapter 4 . 4/3/2009
UPDATE THIS PLEASEE!
Nightgazer333 chapter 4 . 3/9/2009
*Bows and thanks the kami for you writing this*

*Is grateful to see such a heartwarming fic now*

Thank you for writing this.

You are not the only one who cried at the ending of the anime series.

I was depressed for awhile after seeing the ending and didn't get over it until... well now after reading your fic, many, years.

I had very watery eyes when reading your fic.

You have done a good job.

Please write more of this.

It's very good.

I like this allot.

And please, DON'T throw in Ranma or Sailor Moon, we don't need Usagi, that would ruin it.

Although I wouldn't object to a short appearance of Yohko Mano in some later chapters.

I hope to see later chapters soon.

P.S. Do you mind if I add your fic to my anime fic archive hosted section?

P.P.S The address for it is here http(symbols) .
Baughn chapter 4 . 2/16/2009
First, a few comments:

- You had Hikaru shivering from the cold in the second chapter; clearly, she can feel it.

- The way I read shichinin no nana, there were seven fragments of which six were perfectly well aware of being fragments, and the seventh *thought* she was the original. Said seventh acted just as much like a distillation of part of her personality as the others, and then there's the ending of the story, so.. yeah. That's debatable, I'll admit.

- Of course, Eliezer would agree that there's no particular reason you can't eat your cake and have it too. Hikaru's back, which is nice, but for the best ending they ought to stay together forever.. not sixty or seventy years, *forever*. The rest of humanity is going to get the chance anyway, might as well do it a bit sooner for these two. Thus: You've already helpfully provided a hook for that - what would happen if they *both* had a nanomachine-based framework now? The system can clearly simulate them growing up just fine; there's no particular reason to simulate aging.

- Advanced nanomachines would typically be made of carbon, not metals. It'd still affect their weight. Just a minor grumble. ;)

- There are more chapters to come? Yay! Subscribing!

That said...

I finished the series today.

Your story is probably the only reason I won't cry myself to sleep now. The ending may have been powerful, but it sucked; fanon, here I come.

Thank you.
Svargeist chapter 2 . 7/26/2008
I cried reading this chapter...

Figure 17 is one of my most favorite anime since it's focused on growing up and overcoming your fears and problems. Yeah, the ending made me cry a lot since Hikaru died...

Thank you for writing a Figure 17 story. I'll be rooting with you the rest of the way.

It's about time someone does Hikaru and Tsubasa some Justice.
AnjinForever chapter 4 . 6/26/2008
Wai! I'm so happy so many Figure 17 fics popped up! I watched Figure 17 way back when it was only available on fansubs and I bought the whole series when it came out in the US. I even bought the manga (even though it's not as good... except for the 'outtakes' stuff at the end of volume 1).

*cough*

Sorry, reviewing reviewing.

I really like the concept of how Hikaru was reborn, that was really interesting. I can appreciate all the research you put into this story, fanfics are so much more interesting when the author has an attention to detail and makes things more believable. And if anyone thinks that kids can't have poignant and mature feelings they should watch more CLAMP shows, I think Tsubasa's feelings are well within the logical limit allowed to anime children, though they may differ from those of a normal child. If we were talking about normal kids it wouldn't be an anime, after all. Keep it coming.
Lawliet chapter 4 . 5/7/2008
I hope to see more soon, good luck!
Magma-Dragoon chapter 4 . 2/23/2008
Hey.

Sorry, I was a little late.

Well, this was a nice chapter. I'm still enjoying reading your characters and I still think you're doing a great job with them.

My only complaint about this chapter is maybe the excess amount of time spent to explain how Hikaru was put back in the burocratic world. I think you did that pretty well and it was convincing enough, but it felt as if you paused the story to do it. Maybe you could've narrated this whole process of making Hikaru real again while at the same time having unrelated things happening. This way it wouldn't be as tiring as having all the process being done in a row.

But at the bright side, I'm glad to hear you're doing your research. Though I am a little less strict in that matter (I like doing my research too, but I don't have any pet peeves about seeing Sailor Ranma fighting around Nerima), I think people who are commited to making their stories better, no matter how they do it, are worthy of admiration. I mean, most people will write anything and post it without giving it much thought. I believe a good story, unlike a good song, can't just be written like that, with no thinking. You gotta give it some dedication.

So my admirations to you (I think there's a proper word for that but I can't recall it so 'admirations' will have to do.

That's all. See you next chapter
Tsukaru chapter 4 . 2/17/2008
I am glad to see other fics about Figure 17 because I love this show. I wrote 2 fics about Figure 17 but not in English on an other fanfic website.

This one is very good and i hope to see updates soon.
Dreamsinger chapter 3 . 2/7/2008
I'm SO glad to see someone do a continuation for Figure 17! One of the deepest anime series out there, especially considering the main characters are such young with what happened to Tsubasa's first crush...

Like you, I am in college, and I haven't seen any obvious flaws in your grammar, etc. VERY nice to read something so carefully written. As for flaws...well, there's one thing really bothering me. Tsubasa's character seems too old for her age (11?). Even though she's spent the last year in mourning, you might want to give her a softer edge. She sounds like she's about 18, or even 35...worldly-wise and cynical. Tsubasa was always the gentler of the twins, after all...

I liked this series so much I designed a new spine when I condensed the discs into a multi-dvd case. I used the hot-air balloon motif, and my favorite pics of Tsubasa, Sho, and Hikaru... I'd be happy to attach it to an email if you'd like to see it.

Excellent job so far.
Magma-Dragoon chapter 3 . 1/24/2008
I completely agree with you in everything you said about the anime. It's underrated indeed and one of the greatest things about it is how it manages to make the sci-fi/action part of the plot completely intertwined with the dramatic part in a way that one couldn't exist without the other and also balance them out in the right proportions. The anime is essentialy about the relationship between Tsubasa, Hikaru and their surroundings like school, family and such, but the whole maguar plot is what drives the story forward.

I'm pleased with the direction the story is going. I was affraid that after Tsubasa and Hikaru returned it would grow stale, but you're still in control so far. I like it how you keep adding things to the universe of the story giving it this feeling of a new beggining. It motivates me to read more of it.

The second chapter still is my favorite cause I think it was very beautiful, it got to me in a more personal level. This chapter however was still great and only looses to the second because it is more of a transitorial chapter. The kind that lays down the situation for the new plot.

I don't think you should be worry about setting standards for your writing. It's not as if there's a measurement for quality and you have to achieve a certain number of points. So long as you keep working on doing what you feel is good, that should be enough. I mean, imagine what people like J.K. Rowling would do if they spent too much time worrying about that sort of thing?

Nice saying that one. Really wise. Though when I said inteligent writing I was regarding the way you weave the plot rather than the words you use. Nevertheless, I agree with you regarding the vocabulary used for Tsubasa.

I've started writing for Figure 17 like I said I would. I made a very short one-shot which didn't particularly satisfied me, though I liked writing it. Now I'm working on a bigger fish. I already have the first 3 chapters thought out and I'm just about to actually start wrinting, so bye.

(By the way. As a fellow male, I understand what you mean.)
SakuBloss chapter 1 . 1/24/2008
I watched this series when it first came out years ago, and fell in love with it, even with the sad ending, and it has remained one of my favourite series since then. You've done the plot justice, and I am looking forward to whatever else you decide to add to this story

Good work

SakuBloss
Magma-Dragoon chapter 2 . 1/22/2008
*sniff* I actually cried again... (The first time being when I finished watching the anime.) This (Crying over a fanfic) is unusual for me and I'm still surprised, but something in those girls really got to me like nothing before them... I can't recall the last time I felt such empathy for fictional characters. Though I'm not complaining. Figure 17 really was a great experience even if it was sad.

Like I said before I do think the ending of the anime is good, but it's too sad to bear. Therefore reading your fic felt really great. I'm ready to consider it canon. To hell with it being official or not. As far as I'm concerned, if a person can actually make a happy ending for this anime without sounding lame, which you did, that's worth something. A lot actually since not only you avoided lameness, but you were the exact opposite of it.

I really liked how you portraied the tree. With its 'primitive' inteligence. The way it understands things is pretty much how I think a tree would. The writing's great and the characters are still well done. I'm just too glad to see them reunited for good. I think one of the great things about your writing is that it's not only good in terms of style, but it's also inteligent writing. You manage to get the same feel of the anime, the way you focus on the same issues of the anime about how Tsubasa depended on Hikaru and how every little thing reminds her of her sister helped me feel like this is really a continuation. Aside from the fact that you took concern in exposing what happened in the past year with other characters and things instead of just making it a senseless happy ending. That's probably why it felt so true to the story. Consistency.

I'm glad that you decided to continue writing here. I'll always be a faithful reader and if I ever meet anyone who watches the series (Which I haven't yet.) I'll make sure to tell them to read your fic. I know how disapointing it can be to get few reviews. Not only that. At first when I watched the anime I thought to myself: "I'm not worthy of writing a fic on this." and indeed I felt that there was no way to change it without spoiling it, but you proved me wrong. Last night after reading your first chapter I couldn't help but start thinking of writing a fanfic of Figure 17 too. I had some pretty good ideas and they sort of slipped away since I was already in bed wating for sleep to come, but they were coming so quick and so fast I'm sure I can manage to write one now. I recall one of my ideas being of a happy ending too but I might leave that for latter since you already made that. I'll try to remember something else and who knows I'll go back to that idea someday.

But enough about me... to close it up, I'd just like to say that I'm thankful to you for being such a pleasant coincidence and I hope to read more of this fic, be it the darker or the lighter stuff. (Though I am quite curious to see a chapter of Hikaru returning and no one remembering her.)

Bye.