Reviews for Commander Tucker has a Baby
Lt.Gungirl chapter 5 . 9/28/2012
As someone who loved this episode for all of it's weirdness, I am very grateful to find this. I have to say, it's been a while since I watched the show, but I still love it immensely.
This story was amazing, gross, and yet so beautiful. Man breast feeding! That is an image I will live with for a long while.
I have to tell you Trip getting knocked up by an alien is so much more intriguing than the movie Junior. I always wanted to fic this episode, before I knew about ficcing-but never got around. As much as I loved your story I may just write my own.
BTW LOVED THE LULLABY IN THE EPILOGUE. I can't remember Abomination so...probably blocked it out if there was anything negative with good ol' Trip.
I cried like Trip when he left her, and when T'Pol was reading the PADD. THANKS FOR THE EXCELLENT READ!
Guest chapter 5 . 6/8/2012
I like the song. Poor trip. Those jerks! They would absolutely be po-ed if this happend to one of them. Y did they treat him like this?
Whirlwind421 chapter 5 . 6/29/2011
If this story wasn't sad already...it is even more now! *sniff sniff*

It got to so much when he started crying. And this end part was really sad too!

I really liked the ending...the last line.

I really liked the friendship between them too. It seemed more innocent as well. Then, the will we wouldn't we, on again off again stuff.

Great story!

Oh, and I agree the breastfeeding was slightly wierd. I thought it was funny that they thought it was strange too. Poor Trip!
koinekid chapter 5 . 3/16/2011
Aspects of this story made me, as a male, very uncomfortable. Understandably so, I'd imagine.

That being said, the story is excellent, wonderfully composed and with top notch characterization. Kudos to the author.
Tell-Me-Tales chapter 5 . 9/26/2009
The story's beautifully written, and the last two chapters made me cry!

(PS I love Trip's version of "Mockingbird")
bina W chapter 5 . 5/15/2008
Hello.

The story was beautiful and tragic at the same time. Pleae let me know when u write more stories.

Bina
bluedana chapter 5 . 3/25/2008
I REALLY liked this story. It has a lot of elements that, in lesser hands, tend to irk me. But your story wasn't sappy Romance Novel In Space; rather, the Trip/T'Pol relationship was mature and cool, with the beginnings of a believable affection. Trip was emotional, yes, but not the crybaby he's often written to be in fanfic. His reaction to leaving the baby was completely in character and well done.

I didn't come away with an Archer-is-a-jerk vibe at all (this from someone who is madly protective of the guy). I think you conveyed very well the idea that the captain deliberately kept his distance, and why. It came across as both necessary and in character.

T'Pol's running commentary in Trip's quarters, pointing out his personal effects, was hysterical. [“Your father’s planet has a great deal of water on it,” she said. “And apparently he feels compelled to enter it.” - PRICELESS.]

As for the epilogue, I think it fit very well. I hate TATV with the heat of a supernova. That Trip died doesn't bother me, it's HOW he did it that makes me want to throw things. So the epilogue (ignoring the stupid storyline of TATV) really captured the sadness of the moment.

All in all, I think your rewrite addressed some of the nitpicks I had with the actual episode while keeping every one in character. Nice, nice job.
Darklight chapter 5 . 3/9/2008
Great one, liked it very much', to bad Trip didn't get tot keep Laney. Also didn't the ending of the series very much. Get another fic with Laney in it, searching for her dad
Triptacular chapter 5 . 2/7/2008
Just beautiful - the whole thing: warm, funny, heartwrenching, sad, beautiful. Loved the epilogue - especially the song.

Thanks for writing it.
scarletwitch0 chapter 5 . 2/6/2008
It wasn't bad. It fit the story. Although I've never watched TATV and refuse to do so, I prepared myself mentally to read the epilogue. It was good.
Sita Z chapter 5 . 2/6/2008
I'm sorry I'm so late in reviewing this!

Yes, I'll admit I haven't watched The Episode That Must Not Be Named, and I'm not really into Trip/T'Pol, but I've enjoyed your writing so much that I wanted to read the epilogue anyway, and I wasn't disappointed! I loved the melancholic, quiet tone of the story, and your take on Xyrillian culture, which seemed a lot more realistic than the one we got on the show.

Thank you for a very enjoyable, well-written fic, and I hope you're going to write more soon!

Sita
PilotProject chapter 4 . 2/5/2008
I actually just saw this episode the other day...your take on it is great! Very moving.
Emiliana Keladry chapter 4 . 2/5/2008
A very different approach of this episode. Good job!

Emma
Bluenblack chapter 4 . 2/1/2008
It is one of the most elegant rewrites of an ENT episode that I have read in a long time. Thank you muchly. :)

And thanks for the warning about the epilogue. I won't be reading it. I consider TATV a badly written TNG episode, and I don't read TNG fanfic, so I see no reason to clutter up my brain with anything related to it. But the ENT portion of your story was exceptional.
DinahD chapter 4 . 2/1/2008
This last chapter was excellent. As always, Trip did what was good for others, regardless of the cost to him personally. All the characters rang true. Great job!