Reviews for Upon A Star
Duckie Nicks chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
This is really wonderful. Firstly, this is a nice twist on the prompt you were given. The fic explores the idea of family but not in the way you would expect. And really, it's almost the lack of family in the fic that gives it that sadness.

Also, I like how you took elements in Olive's bedroom and made a fic from that. I think the picture frame in her room would be something most people overlook. But now there's a wonderful story behind it. Which is great.

Your characterization is spot on. You've definitely captured Olive and how she's depicted on the show. There's a girlishness to her, a shyness, but also a great sense of determination. And the part where she rips the ad out is pretty funny. You've managed to take something that's kind of stalkerish - cutting out heads and taking random photos - and made it both hilarious and heartbreaking at the same time. Great job.
layshie chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
I read this on 'The Pie Hole' livejournal group and thought it was brilliant! A bit sad for Olive though...It was still cute.
Love That Wicked chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
Poor Olive. All she wants is to be with Ned.

You did a gret job capturing Olive's voice. Here's hoping you write more PD fics in the future.