Reviews for A More Appropriate Time
SuperAplusbroguY chapter 1 . 7/8
Hah, Rennac, you're such a badass. A better dancer than Innes, AND you take his gold! Well, I guess a guy's gotta get paid somehow. Excellent story! 10/10.
quintilis chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
I posted an anon review as T.N. Lisle here over 3 years ago! Just wanted to say that I still love this story - one of my favorites in the FE fandom. :)

ElwynWanderer chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
This was absolutely beautiful and believable. I appreciated the parts about the dances, such as five-four time. It shows that you are not ignorant when it comes to dancing and music (like Rennac and L'Arachel themselves), and it gives the entire story a very realistic feel. Well done!
Ganheim chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
"Bow to your partner," she says mercilessly, still smiling.

[Gives her an aggressive, even harshly predatory characterization that I hadn’t thought much about before but doesn’t seem OOC]

"You're not smiling."

"I'm not complaining, either."

"That's very true. And odd. One might assume that, if you have nothing to complain about, you must be happy. So why don't you look it?"

[Interesting twisting of conversation]

"I'm just planning on delivering my complaints at a more appropriate time."As an itemized list.

[Points 1]

L'Arachel sniffs loudly. "How did you come to be so single-minded?"

"Largely through necessity," he says pointedly.

[Points 1]

you are no gentleman."

"Why, thank you." She always looks insulted like that when you don't act properly chastised.

[Then I’d think she’d be more annoyed with him, but she doesn’t seem to be]

Rennac leaves the ball early, comforting himself with the knowledge that Innes is a horrible dancer. Also, with the contents of the prince's coin purse.

[I guess that’s one way to get back at L’Arachel…I guess]

Short and dryly humorous without too much stretching of the characters. I would’ve liked to see something of Rennac thinking about or watching Innes and L’Arachel, but oh well. Still funny.
T.N. Lisle chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
It goes without saying that this is a lovely piece. Beautiful, really. The phrasing is remarkable, the plot (what little there is) is memorable, and your writing style is admirable. I am unspeakably envious of your talent. I don't know how you can make writing in the present tense seem so effortlessly simple. I don't know how you can incorporate words such as 'pretentious' and 'apropos' and still not draw undue attention to them.

There is something wonderful about this story that I can't seem to put my finger on. I've been pitifully attempting to for the last five minutes, but I can't. Something about your writing style makes me think of how Picasso would craft one of his masterpieces. Everything just FLOWS and it makes me want to cry in despair.

The story of Rennac and L'Arachel has long remained my favorite in the series. The romance is so slight (even in the supports), but it captured my heart from the beginning. I love how your piece is an extension of the game, and the two are so in-character. It's the sort of writing I wanted to see from the game.

Overall, this is one of my favorite pieces online, and I wish you would write more of these sorts of stories.

They make me smile.
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
This is a beautiful story, Tav, and you deserve a better review than the one I'm about to leave you. My favorite part was, without a doubt, this: [and will continue to ignore his protests until they’re both dead]

Because yes, I can definitely see that. This whole piece was just beautifully written, the last few lines a perfect conclusion, and the idea itself...bittersweet.

Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

piratelore chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
I loved reading this. I liked how you could see hints of some form of relationship going on between Rennac and L'arachel beneath their conversation. And the line about the dance being an extended metaphor of their lives? Absolutely hilariously beautiful.
wolfraven80 chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Not much to say except that this story was really well done. The dialogue was natural and Rennac was great fun. It’s also nice how the scene is an extension of the supports, rather than just a reworking of them. And the ending... priceless. Lovely piece!
vuarapuung chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
I loved it :D. I think it was a great extension of the relationship Rennac and L'Arachel had in the game.
Rayndrop chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
This story is funny and adorable. But. IT MAKES ME SAD. And I am honestly not sure not how to react to such a complicated combination of emotions.

Bravo. Totally in character for both of them and sigh-worthy.
saffiremoon21 chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
AGH bittersweet endings! I love the bit about the prince's coin purse tho haha

RennacXL'Arachel is such a cute pairing- I really wish there was more written for them.

Thanks for such a nice one-shot!
FireEdge chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
Oh, very interesting. I love the RennacL'Arachel pairing, it's a shame that they don't have an ending. Anyway, I though the plot of your story was very intriguing and not predictable. I wasn't sure how it was all going to end until the very end. Everyone was IC, too, and the ending was very apropriate in propotion to the story. Still, I am a little sad that Rennac doesn't "end up" with L'Arachel. However, I guess if you really think about it, he actually does, in a behind-the-scenes kind of way. So, great job, I really enjoyed this!
KellyCRocker59 chapter 1 . 1/24/2008
That was very good. It displayed their relationship perfectly, and there just isn't enough fanfiction on them. Good job.
Kitsilver chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
It flowed well. The dialogue, the dance, the characters, all felt natural. I liked how Rennac and L'Arachel bickered, but you could tell there was something more underneath. I was also expecting them to get together in the end, and was a bit disappointed when they didn't, but this way does seem more realistic.

Nicely done, overall.
beejmasta chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
Kudos to you good sir, I liked the ending. They were both right in character, good job. :D