Reviews for The Evil Men Do
Lizzysobebear chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
:O Your stories absoulutely take my breath away! Such a wonderful ending! Such wonderful detail! Such wonderful writing in general! Keep up the good work! :O
Sassy Lil Scorpio chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
This was very good and very creepy. I like how you painted Toby-young, yes, and experienced enough to know there's more to Sweeney Todd than others think. The paragraph that states "there was something off-putting about Mr. Todd..." was very good. I especially liked the line about how the amount of customers going up did not match the amount of customers coming back down again, and how Sweeney always had to change his shirts. The real surprise that threw off Toby-the pies and Mrs. Lovett-that was heartbreaking because he seemed to really trust her. All in all, great work, and the finishing line was perfect!
trickyfishy chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
This is excellent. Absolutely beautiful. You really captured Toby's emotions quite well, and the fact that "demons will charm you with a smile" was used as an allusion to Mrs. Lovett instead of Sweeney Todd was brilliant.

Cookies for you!
MrsPiccolosWife chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
Beautiful. I feel so bad for Toby! You conveyed his feelings of betrayal at the end very, very well. I really enjoyed this.

Just the tiniest criticism: in those days , barbers were also dentists, so it could be possible that Sweeney changed his shirt so much because he had to pull quite a few teeth. It didn't really affect the stroy much, and I think Toby's observation works too well in the striy to be changed, but I just thought I'd tell you.

I loved this story, and I encourage you to stick with writing, because you are very good at it!
BeBopALula chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
I love the line about the lock.
littlekittykat chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
Clever, I think this captures the feel of the moment very well.
atola chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
This is one of the beset work i have ever read. Toby was one of my favorite characters. I felt so bad for him for he has suffered alot in his short life.I loved how you ended it. Its true that men can deceive others but they have nothing on woman! SCORE! i wished there was a happy ending in the movie but i guess it "wasnt meant to be" (lol tim burton nightmare b4 xmas!)
smashing chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
Can I just say I literally squealed with excitement when I saw you had written something new? And you didn't disappoint! This was a very awesome, very chilling peek into Toby's mind. I love it.
Lady Charity chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
The last two lines are absolutely haunting. I really loved reading this! Nicely written, with description and everything. Poor Toby! I like how no one is OOC, and like I said before, I adore the last two lines. Pure masterpieces!