Reviews for Lasbelin
Raven's Dusk chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
You know, this story is very beautiful, but so, so sad. :(

You know, I don't even know how to describe it... Bittersweet, and so fitting...
I'll leave it at that, before I start rambling... :)

So beautiful. :)
Louiseoblique chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
I really enjoyed this story. I watched a film about a charity that care for a treats donkeys in the developing world. Some of them were in such a shocking state, but with care they became different animals. A very nice story, thank you so much for writing it.

Best wishes,

louise
Amiable Loner chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
That's very powerful, "saving a life is just that- saving a life". That reminds me a little of Black Beauty, how he was treated so badly by those nasty people. This story is so sweet and touching, I can't put it all into words! You're awesome! Until next time!:)
random Elf chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
Perfect, simply perfect. I so love this donkey. Write more stories like this, please.
Jedi Sapphire chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
This is beautiful... I love animals, and I think you're dead right about how Legolas - or any Elf - would react to an animal being mistreated.
Charli800 chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
That's a lovely story. It took me a while to realise it was Aragorn's POV, but I did get there before the obvious hints! You pull of the archaic prose style well - there was just one phrase I found that broke the flow badly ("this well-known, inscrutable smile on his lips"). Using "this" instead of "a" is, as far as I'm concerned, an ugly modern habit. That's only my opinion, of course.

The first-person narration was different, but done well. I enjoyed this.

Charli
Alinchen chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
Again, I love this story. First, it is very well written and has a special note. Besides the fact that I have a deep love for donkeys (I ever wished to have one - instead I owned a pony which was stubborn enough to be compared with a donkey *g*) I find myself in Legolas. Rarely I could take a walk without stumbling over an injured/half dead/lost animal. Hopefully no-one had ever counted the animals I found outside and cared about...

As Nautika said before, the both of you should write more of these jewels.

Bye,

Monty
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
Just wanted to tell you again what a wonderful ficlet this is. Great job, you two!
CAH chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
JastaElf recommended this story to me. What a wonderful little look into the life of Legolas and his feelings for animals! And a donkey at that! What a champion he had in our favorite prince and thank goodness he was around to rescue him!

I'm glad he had a nice long life, free to roam and play with the horses! I'm sure there are times when Legolas felt Lasbelin's appetite rivaled that of a small Estel!

It brought a smile to my face and thanks for brightening my day!
JastaElf chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
This brought back my childhood love for the novel _Black Beauty_ by Anna Sewell... I think she would be pleased to read this. :) The thought of Legolas finding joy in the saved life of this little donkey, while he is in the midst of battling the years of sea-longing, is just a lovely, intense emotional thing. Thank you so much!

Might want to watch the proliferation of commas... *smiles to remove the sting* There are a few more than you need, but it only slightly roughens the glass over what is a thoroughly delightful, very well-written tale. Writing in first person is never easy, but you have pulled it off VERY well indeed! Thank you for sharing this with us.
nautika chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
I've already told you I love it, and I really do. The two of you need to stay very busy writing more stories like this! My favorite part was: 'I actually felt sorry for the man when Legolas smiled grimly back. I had no doubt who would win this argument. "Everything in this market is for sale. And you have made sure this creature will not move anything else for some time...'

The only suggestion I would make (oh, come on - it's in my nature!) is to have Aragorn whisper something to the man after Legolas leads the donkey away. Something like "If I ever hear of you mistreating an animal again, 'you' will be pulling carts for other merchants!"

But I truly do think it's a wonderful story and I'm looking forward to the next one.
LegolasLover chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
Loved it. Just a great plot bunny. And very well written. Do you have your own animals because you seem to know them so well? Oh yes, your profile says so. Can you write more animal/LotR stories please?
Andrea007 chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
Oh yes, so bitersweet and true, I really love it. And this donkey ! Isn't he just cute? I love that those oneshots of yours have a deeper meaning to them. Great work, Kay and Nina, I would like you to continue! Oh, and again, please translate the fic for my German friends as you did last week with your first oneshot. That would be great. Thank you! Andrea
luanee chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
Aren't u going to continue the other story, the skills of a healer?
invisigoth3 chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
So beautifully written and so very true! You have not truly experienced life until you have made someone else's life better.