Reviews for The Wrath of the Half Blood Prince
Sindie chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
An interesting twist on things. I would like to see you continue this, if possible, especially since you brought into play the fact that the Death Eaters could target Snape's parents. I liked this, though, so if you decide to keep it as a one-shot, that's fine with me as well. Good job.
arcanetrivia chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
Good idea for an AU! And a nice "grey" (vs. black/white) on what things were like in Slytherin House and what exactly the deal was with Avery and Mulciber.

When I got to the bottom I thought "oh, don't tell me it's going to say 'Complete'... aw damn."

I find the underlining for the unspoken thoughts to be a little confusing, though, since it seems you're also using it for emphasis in other places.
duj chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
An interesting redrawing of the lines that puts Snape on a different track altogether than canon. Personally, I still think Lily would have gone for the rich, handsome, brilliant, popular pureblood over the scrawny, unpopular half-blood genius, but it's fun to specualte.

I believe it would have been foolish of Snape to trust Avery even a little against Mulciber, because Avery is just as much Death Eater spawn as Mulciber. (At any rate, an older-generation Avery is mentioned in HBP as a member of Riddle's gang at school.)

Also Mulciber's prank could not have been as early as March, 1975, because in DH it is chronologically tied to the Shrieking Shack incident (both being mentioned in the same conversation as having occurred quite recently: "the other day ... the other night") and we know that happened in fifth year, when they were 16. (This clashes with Lupin's and Sirius's defence of James over the underpants incident "He was only fifteen", BTW, but other canon evidence proves they were, at best, remembering incorrectly.)
2,118 | « Prev Page 1 .. 132 139 140 141 142