Reviews for Stockholm Syndrome
RoseRed95 chapter 21 . 2/3/2013
Erik is truly insane in this fanfiction so far and I love it! He can delude himself into believing anything. It's sad but you truly capture his madness. I wish I found this fanfic earlier but oh well! Can't wait to finish it! I love the way you write! :)
AlmostExistentExistentialist chapter 48 . 2/2/2013
For some inconceivable reason, it has taken me this long to read this fic. Why? Because I suck. I seriously loved every bit of this story- the narrative, the characters, the plot... I even cried some/a ton. Everything was brilliant. You are brilliant. That is all.
rubiesandrain chapter 48 . 9/28/2012
Aw! This is so flippin adorable! Great job!
Elle-Vee16 chapter 48 . 8/24/2012
So I had initially planned on reviewing chapter-by-chapter, since that would mean a lot of reviews (and it makes me really happy when my readers do that with me). However, that plan fell short, because I was always so eager to continue reading. I just didn't have the patience to write forty-eight reviews.

I'll have to do my best to summarise.

Granted, there were a few little mistakes here and there as far as grammar (nothing major, just the little things that we writers tend to skip over and go unnoticed when we don't proofread-happens to me all the time). But overall, this was /amazing/. I've always been a fan of your stories, and I've known of this one's existence for the past four years now. Lord help me, I have no idea why I didn't read it ages ago.

You did wonderfully with making it a modern adaptation, and you managed to write a very believable Erik, and in first person, no less! (Not sure why, but that's always been a challenge for me). It all just flowed together so well; I found myself laughing a lot as well (good laughing, not bad laughing). Erik was pretty funny, but believably so. And sweet Jesus, even though I'm not much of an E/C shipper, this particular fic of yours gave me so many /feelings/ I was just unable to hold them all. All-in-all, brilliant job. You're probably one of my favourite Phantom writers ever, just sayin'.

That said, you should write more. That would make me very happy. :3
emeraldphan chapter 48 . 7/13/2012
Sorry for the late review but I only discovered this story recently! It was amazing and kept me engrossed from the start. I loved the way Erik seemed to be telling the story to us directly. He was so creepy and insane, possibly more insane as the story progressed, but there was something very pitiable and sad about him too.
Cerry-Cupcake chapter 48 . 6/18/2012
Wooww! I read the whole story in like 4 days, and god it's amezing! I'm so happy for Erik! So sweet! What i would't give to have a man love me as much as Erik loves his Christine! Soooo sweett!
Cerry-Cupcake chapter 48 . 6/18/2012
Liz86000 chapter 48 . 5/26/2012
I loved that story!
shadowphantomness chapter 10 . 3/15/2012
What I want to know is how Carlotta even managed to graduate from music school with that voice! Croaking ahoy! But Erik was a little too harsh with Christine, so maybe she believes he isn't an Angel anymore?
shadowphantomness chapter 7 . 3/15/2012
Erik can be a bit overbearing at times so it's good that he has to learn subtlety. And from being in band myself, I can see why the director would be angry at Christine (and lead Christine to be angry at her angel). The little facts about Christine knowing how to pick locks and liking grilled cheese and tomato soup is endearing. And I'm glad Erik can provide necessities of life, discreetly of course, not just music lessons.
shadowphantomness chapter 6 . 3/15/2012
(Not only had I neglected to identify myself during our first meeting, but I had forgotten to do so in my note to her! You know, sometimes I get so caught up in being a genius that I forget to stop being a complete idiot.) This wry sense of humor is genius too, dear author!

And oh, yes, I can see Erik becoming impatient with a microphone and instead resorting to ventroliquism. But it is true - you can believe in anything if you choose to believe hard enough, no matter how irrational it is, and depressed girls need lifelines.
shadowphantomness chapter 4 . 3/15/2012
Erik does have ego problems (but I daresay he is more skilled than the rest of the faculty) and the idea of him tapping into the security cameras makes me wonder what *other* talents have made the transition from Phantom to rich businessman!
shadowphantomness chapter 3 . 3/15/2012
I love the way you write Erik in first-person.

(Maybe I was just being… nice?

I wouldn't know. I have never been 'nice' before.)

This line is just brilliant. I also enjoy the little details in the chapter, like Christine's thank-you note having ladybugs on it, Mama Valerius also writing Erik a thank-you note, and Erik near despair when he realizes Christine sings without emotion, like death.
shadowphantomness chapter 2 . 3/15/2012
I think Erik would make a great businessman! And he's doing it more with money, a la patron, than with threats, a la Opera Ghost, but being able to run his own music school must be interesting. And I like how Jules was resurrected (Kay's influence?) I also prefer people being genuine to overbearing parents so I can understand where Erik is coming from. And Christine does have a good voice but Erik is not a pedophile, not at the moment anyway. And Erik could probably afford to give Christine a full ride scholarship even if he had to pay out of pocket!
Scarlett Raine chapter 48 . 2/28/2012
This is such a great story! Loved your writing from Erik's POV... he stayed very in character for a kidnapper. You presented his madness very well. Bravo! :)
885 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »