Reviews for Stockholm Syndrome
amyjpond chapter 3 . 1/22/2008
I really like Eriks point of view on everything! Can't wait for another update! Great sotry so far!

. .93
pastheart chapter 3 . 1/22/2008
Wonderful story so far. Please continue.
Madhatter45 chapter 3 . 1/22/2008
Cool...I'm liking it.
Madhatter45 chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
...Wow, deep...totally going to the next chapter. Hope it was as good as this. Rock on.
Broken-Vow chapter 2 . 1/22/2008
Ooh, wow. This will be an interesting story, to see Christine grow from a gawky twelve-year-old into a beautiful young woman. Your prose is excellent; it's not horribly poetic, and yet it possesses a very pleasant way of describing something. Even the simplest sentences, such as, "The computer made a sound like a buzzer," has an easy feel to it, as if you're not too worried about how things should sound. I find I do that a lot; I rewrite one sentence a lot and still hate the way it is. Wonderful job.

Poor chubby Christine. :D Love how you didn't make her a twenty-year-old twelve-year-old, if you get my meaning. She's a sweetie. I love it. Please, please hurry with the next chapter.

B-V
Broken-Vow chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
Oh my goodness. This *chapter* was...exhilirating. It's one of the most raw and heartfelt things I've read in a long, long time. I loved Erik's confessions, I loved the way you/he told this part, I loved his true and real human emotions. I loved it.

Your title attracted it to me! Haha. "Stockholm Syndrome." It made me laugh, believe it or not. But then this chapter made me sad. If this story is as beautiful as this single chapter, I will favorite it without a second thought. (I don't favorite stories unless they're finished; sometimes a story starts out wonderfully, then ends up to be some sex-driven smut mess.) But enough of that. Wonderful, wonderful job with your grammar. Your fragments didn't bother me at all; it seemed like Erik was kind of choking up as he was telling it.

I can't get over how beautiful this was. It's a wonderful read, and it draws the reader right in. I can't wait to read the next chapter!

B-V
Lillita chapter 2 . 1/22/2008
Great story! I can't wait to read more chapters! :)
Elagi chapter 2 . 1/21/2008
You know, I don't know if it's the late hour here, or the music I'm listening to, or just your writing style, but somehow this second chapter has just broken my heart. You had me with the first chapter, of course, but then I got to the acceptance letter part and the part about her father, and my heart just constricted, and now I'm really excited to see where this is going! I love the arts-school take on it, and the way you write Erik's narrative is so marvelous. I hope you can somehow conjure a happy ending out of this bleak-looking tale, but you know, I'll read it even if its sad XD

Keep groovin'!
sparklyscorpion chapter 2 . 1/21/2008
You definitely caught my attention with the prologue! :) I can't wait to see where you go with the story. I hope that you update soon.
Dana.Jenks chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
Wow, I just began reading this story, and it's really, really good. Will try to read up every once in a while! Great beginning. :-)
IntertwinedDestinies chapter 2 . 1/21/2008
This is a fantastic beginning.

I like the whole boarding school idea.

I hope you update soon, youre writing is great!
Mominator chapter 2 . 1/21/2008
I LOVED Christine's essay. It has such a real feel to it. Dare I consider this might have been based upon one you wrote at one time? Or perhaps that you've had to choose from amongst many?

Poor Christine. She's vulnerable and will be easily influenced. I suppose she'll lose her emotional range?

Can't wait to find out. :D

Barb
Mominator chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
An intriguing start. I look forward to seeing what you do with this.

Barb
Genevieve Lee chapter 2 . 1/21/2008
Hmm...interesting. I am excited to see where this goes. Good job starting it so that we have questions and want to keep reading. More please. (:

-Genny
jtbwriter chapter 2 . 1/21/2008
Oh, this is a great beginning! I like Erik's methods and how he didn't care that Christine was penniless... Thanks for a good start-now what?:)
885 | « Prev Page 1 .. 49 56 57 58 59