Reviews for Yardstick
FluffyZGiggler chapter 1 . 1/29/2008
hahaha

loved this one
irony882 chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
You know, I'm so tempted to read the second chapter. Of course, this oneshot could stand perfectly on its own.

I liked the way you only used dialogue. It made the readers focus more on the actual conversation.
DOC3 chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
*In spite of herself, Brennan felt a curious sensation of lightness overtake her.*

That's the best description I've ever read of that feeling you get when something like that sinks in. Like when you realize someone is really truly a good friend, or that you really, really like your date.

And just so you know, I'm with Angela on dipping him in chocolate :)

Doc
Flamingo1 chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
OMG, I adore Angela. She's freaking hilarious.

I loved the fact that Caroline made them kiss, but she did sorta steal Angela's thunder on that. So, this is a nice return.

Cheers!
Anon chapter 1 . 1/24/2008
O I think you captured their characters very well, very believable dialogue - I could hear each of them say it.

Also enjoyed the Truth Serum story...Brennan drunk is funny :)
mumrulz chapter 1 . 1/24/2008
What! Are my eyes deceiving me? That can't say complete! No way..nuh uh!...you have not finished this. I will lend you an eraser to rub out that offensive word - complete. There is still so much more to be explored. Brennan in front of the mirror, Booth on a date - not a successful one mind you, another 'yardstick' conversation with Angela, then realization for both Booth & Brennan as to why they don't have successful relationships with others, then a B&B moment as you do so well. See...told you it wasn't complete, just an oversight on your part. .You left off 'IN'. LOL.

**"Good choice. Sexy without being all 'Hello, look at me.' Shoes?"

"Yes, I wore them."

"Duh. No, which shoes?"

...loved it... so Brennan.

Love the conversation, so in character, I can just see Angela probing Brennan about her date, & the way that she always brings everything back to Booth. :-)

**"There's nothing wrong with this guy – or that sexy biologist you went out with last month. Nothing... except he's not Booth."

...Angela is dead on the money.

**So Booth's got smart and hot covered. Does he make you laugh?"

"Yes, I suppose he does."

"I rest my case."

...you go Angela. Tell her something that she subconsciously already knows. No one will ever measure up to him.

**"Dip that stick in chocolate and lick it."

...ROFLMAO...one of the best lines EVER!

Look forward to more. :-):-):-)
Serienjunkie 91 chapter 1 . 1/23/2008
Hey you!

I really have to say that this ending calls for a next chappie?

Loved your story- it's so cute. And really a typical Angela-Bren talk. Very much in character.

Greets. Hugs.
AtMyBehest chapter 1 . 1/23/2008
Chocolate Booth licking. Oh god.
Anything Taboo chapter 1 . 1/23/2008
This was amazing. I loved how it was all dialouge (a specialty of mine and something I love reading) and I don't doubt that if Brennan is able to do it (and she isn't), Angela will stay true to her word. Cos Angela's cool like that :)
Bee03 chapter 1 . 1/23/2008
Cute! Dip that stick in chocolate and lick it! *Devilish grin spreads over face* Yummy! Loved the story! : )
omg chapter 1 . 1/23/2008
Heh. I guess Angela won't be getting a call back anytime soon.

Nicely done.
Krazzy Kezz chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
COMPLETE? what do you mean complete?

this chapter is great, the perfect start for an awesome story - you HAVE to continue!

PLEASE!
TheLifeILive chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
Do we get a part 2? Great story!
Hamlets-pirate chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
Funny and cute. I appreciated the line about manflesh. You just don't hear that enough. I like to know if Brennan DID call Angela back, and then what happened. You could totally keep going with this!
GGjunkie33 chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
Very funny and cute idea! I always love seeing Angela try to make Bren realize that she and Booth are completely head over heels for each other, especially because Angela's personality is so vibrant and funny! Great job capturing the bantery side of Ange, as well as Brennan's usual denial/stubborness! Keep up the great work!
50 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »