Reviews for Hurts like Hell
Divine Oublette chapter 1 . 3/19
Love the way it was written, loved the characters, the culture you created but I hated the plot. I adore your stories but this one made me queasy, like watching a car accident. Sarah's character fell off in the middle of the script, she stopped developing it seemed like and she just gave in, her ascent to power/realization of her power should have been given more than the glossing over it had. Her coup de grace is saving her brother and accepting the mantel of Jareth's dynasty? Sarah Williams, her archetype is more powerful than that. She was too weak in this story, allowed no redemption or even opportunity to gain it -my kingdom is as great, my will as strong- and Jareth too powerful and too frigid with no thawing. But maybe that was your intention . . .

I rarely review any story but this I couldn't help but.

Please humbly accept this constructive criticism - peace, love and glitter!
Gevalia chapter 56 . 7/15/2014
Hmm...

I must say I am a bit dissapointed. I think you had something good to begin with, but that you lost that on the way. In the end, Sarah doesn't even have a problem with her dreamless state. You started out saying she would turn evil and mad and stuff, but that just fell to nothing. Not to mention that she actually is daydreaming of Jareth, more that once something you told us she wouldn't be able to do.

You had a good beginning, with the revenge and all and Jareth turning bitter, evil, and badass, and then... what happened? It all turned in to nothing, he starts torturing her. I have read fics where that -syndrome-and-they-begin-to-love-each-other-thingy-thing works. But I don't get that in your fic. Sorry, I am just not buying it.

What I think bugs me the most is that Sarah Williams is a strong woman, this you get through in the beginning, where she manage to survive getting her dreams stolen and actually survive in order to take her vengeance. But then you just... what? Throws it out of the window? She just lay down and let Jareth do what the hell he wants with her because she is attracted to him and it is "faith"?

Once again, you could have pulld this of, but I'm not buying it.

And then you change the setting once again without reason, making it fluffy. Why? Torture-Jareth is fluff now. Ok. Could have bought this, if you actually gave him a reason to change, but you don't. And then he makes another 180. Once again. WHY? No.

I am in agreement with the others saying Jareth didn't have the right to take her dreams. I'm fine with him doing it, because he is a sore loser and a bastard (sexy basard, yes, but still), but to give him the right to? No.

I am dissapointed, because I have read other fics by you that have been really great, dont fuck it up!

(Sorry about the bitterness and my terrible english, I wouldn't even have bothered if I thought nothing of you)
Avenging Neko chapter 56 . 2/25/2014
Yes I'm stalking you.
No I'm not even sorry.
I spent about a week reading this non stop. :D *really liked it, a lot*
Gone Pear-Shaped chapter 55 . 12/26/2013
An epic, truly. But a very flawed epic. You switch halfway through from giving them love and having Jareth being wishful, even after taking Sarah as a slave, of her coming to love him, to giving them both a future so bleak and wearisome and not far removed from hatred. And I agree with the reviewers who thought Jareth was in the wrong to steal her dreams. That made me dislike the story intensely: it really was based on a false premise-he had no right to take them and less than none to keep them. The smut was great, but it wasn't worth it for the rest.
Aleta Wolff chapter 55 . 8/6/2013
Esse é o Jareth mais selvagem, cruel e depravado que já vi em fanfics. Jim Henson está se revirando no túmulo a essas horas! kkkkkkkkkkk
Laihi chapter 56 . 7/22/2013
Excuse my language, but holy shit that was an awesome story! Took me 2-3 days to finish it, i couldn't stop reading it. Good job
Lozzarooni chapter 56 . 7/12/2013
Wow oh wow. I've spent the last 36 hours absolutely engrossed in this and I have loved every damn minute of it. A brilliantly original concept and well written - this story is an epic.

I read some of the previous reviews in which readers say they weren't happy with the ending, but I personally think it was a perfect ending for this story at least. There's a fine line between love and hate and Jareth and Sarah are at an impasse - they need each other like a fish needs water and despite the reviews that say they can't see Jareth with a harem of lovers, I actually kinda can. It makes sense that he would want to keep Sarah as she has always been the one who he has mooched over for so long and as I say, they need each other more than they know. Okay, so he turned her into a Slave of Bondage but if she didn't want to stay with him she would have pitched herself out of the tower window just as soon as she could have done and clearly she found he fulfilled her needs just as she fulfilled his. But being a man, fae, goblin... Jareth has needs and as he says to her in chapter 55, his daughters will be married off to forge new links with other kingdoms while Sarah will produce his more important heirs all of which would be male as decreed in the scrolls. And besides, her dress style was more fitting with that of a member of an Arabian harem in my opinion. Although now that I think of it, when Jareth changed his 'New Romantics' style to his leather my imagination immediately conjured up something that looked akin to that of a Samurai, only a bit more refined and slim line - which made me think of the ancient empires of the East - who had rulers who had polygamous relationships with hundreds, if not thousands of consorts.

Anyhoo, I'm pleased with the ending - a happy one I feel would have spoilt the overall tone of the story which was dark, but not too dark. Some parts of this reminded me of Ann Rice's Beauty trilogy. A nice touch of continuity was the Oberon and Titania were again used as Jareth's dispairing parents.
Honoria Granger chapter 24 . 4/8/2013
See, this to me is the crux of wrongness in the whole story. He was not justified in taking the dreams. The kiss, okay; the dreams, no. They did not belong to him and his total wrongness just ruins the whole story for me.
Guest chapter 55 . 3/17/2013
Interesting and quite smutty. But I was disappointed in the ending: Sarah and Jareth not in love and Jareth running a harem is just not my cup of tea. Plus all your misuse of language really ruined it for me. "Comber-bun" for "cummerbund". SRSLY?
Guest chapter 48 . 3/17/2013
God you're illiterate. Cummerbund, not comber-bun.
Lianalin chapter 55 . 11/26/2012
this series was so good! dark, but i think this is how fae stories are supposed to be.
Lianalin chapter 4 . 11/11/2012
I really love your Jareth/Sarah fan-fictions. this one so far is really interesting. i was just wondering where you found the goblin words or if you created them yourself? Especially words like Tagaan or Rhuukarlaan.
Aleta Wolff chapter 56 . 10/3/2012
The story is well written. I like Jareth dark and sexy, but here extrapolated. He was too depraved!
FeyFaerie chapter 56 . 9/24/2012
How confusing that last chapter is...I didn't understand its significance at all _

What a sad ending though...he doesn't love her?! Then why in chapter 40 does it say that he does? :/

I loved the hints of affection and Jareth's longing throughout, and even though I tend to like evil Jareth, the general feel of hopelessness all the while through the tale made it difficult to enjoy it wholly.
LunarMidnight chapter 56 . 12/26/2011
Just read this back to back the whole way through ]

Six hours later and it's still one of the best fanfics

i've read yet ] xx