Reviews for Rocking Chair
TwistedLime chapter 14 . 1/3/2009
This was quite good! The first couple chapters were slightly choppy; I suppose it was because of all the information that had to be restated. The rest was nice, though. Sirius' relationship with Remus was perfect, and Molly's attitude was always just right. All in all, excellent job!

~Dogstar
8ami chapter 14 . 8/15/2008
wonderful story, you write so well. Its very touching and really seems to go with the book and everything. I just finished it and been crying since chapter 12, but mostly during the last two. Wonderful and touching, great job.
Rose-Aislin chapter 14 . 7/27/2008
I really, really, really, love this fic!

I love Remus, and I love Sirius. And I totally love the way that you write them. I love how there's that tension between Sirius and Molly, and that both Sirius and Remus don't really expect people to treat them as people. Because one's an escaped convict, and the other's a werewolf.

I love the image of the rocking chair.

I love the way you described Sirius and Remus' rooms.

I love how Sirius is so matter of fact about moving Ron and Ginny out of the rooms, and Molly's offended. And it's so perfectly natural for them both to be like that.

I love how Sirius does things for Remus. How he tries to hard to make things better for him. How he understands that Remus will act like he won't care, and he'll try so hard not to put other people out. That he needs someone to stand up for him.

I love the little glimpses we get of Sirius and Remus at school. How they're so perfectly at ease with each, how Sirius knows just when to push and when to step back.

I love the idea of Sirius and James convincing the school that Remus was gay - and how they would think it a great joke.

I love how I can just picture everyone acting the way that you've written them. I don't stop and go, hey, that's not how I pictured that person acting in that situation. Instead I'm going, yes, this is Remus, and this is Sirius, and this is Molly, and these are the kids, and they're all acting so naturally. Their actions coming in response to the situation.

I love how Remus is sickly and weak and soft spoken and calm and so patient with the way he's viewed as a werewolf.

I love how you deal so wonderfully with Molly's reaction to Remus. A reaction that is just so much more in-line with what would be natural for her than is usually written. After all, werewolves are seen as dark creatures, and Molly would likely never have met one (knowingly) before. To say that Molly has to accept him straight away because she's a good woman is to say that all the rest of the wizarding world are evil people, because they're prejudiced. But prejudice isn't like that always, and when it's part of a society, people just don't think about it.

I love how original and touching this piece is.

I love how it feels like it just fits right in with the books, filling in a gap that I didn't realise was there until I read this.

I love the way that you write. How when I read it it flows and I can feel the things described happening.

I love the camaraderie between Sirius and Remus.

I love how you ended it - even though I wasn't really expecting it to end there. It just of 'fits'.

In case you didn't notice, I love this fic. *grins*

Thanks for sharing it with us.
RJLupinFan chapter 14 . 6/29/2008
What a sad ending. Poor Remus. I found Molly a little out of character to be honest. Not so much in the way she reacted to Remus, but more in the way you portrayed her generally. Other than that, good job!
AliceIsLost chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
Yay! I love this story!
RSegovia chapter 14 . 6/28/2008
Well, I like it, and I'm always glad to find more "missing chapter" stories (stuff we hear about but don't see because Harry wasn't there), but I thought it was sort of inaccurate. I think Molly would remember what her kids had told her from POA about Remus, and that he was a werewolf. It was such a big rumor that it would have gotten around to her. Also I think you're forgetting that Sirius knows Ron and Hermione fairly well from Harry's letters and visits during GOF.

I wrote a similar "missing chapter" story about this time period - post GOF, pre OOTP, the Weasleys getting ready to move into Headquarters, called "The Weasley Family Meeting". I also have a C2 archive of "Fred and George find out about the Marauders" stories, so I"m adding your story to it.
applesollie chapter 14 . 6/6/2008
WHOAH! What a tear jerker, its that good a story.
ickle-s-10 chapter 14 . 5/5/2008
I just found this story, and I'm glad I did. This was a very interesting idea, not something that I'd ever thought about before.

Good job, I liked it.
Jen103 chapter 14 . 4/16/2008
it's over?

Poor sirius .. again :(

x
vivienneandfred chapter 14 . 4/3/2008
oh. thats sad. its over. :(

ah well twas good while it lasted :)
JUJUChick16 chapter 14 . 3/31/2008
I loved it! Yes, it was abrupt but you ended it on a good note! Great job.
Pennethril the Tale Weaver chapter 14 . 3/31/2008
This is a great story.
MabbyAbbyGabby chapter 14 . 3/31/2008
Yeah at first I was really confused beause I thought it was just like a day after the last chapter, but then I got it. Except for the abrubt begginning I think you showed Remus's feelings greatly. And Molly's too.
goldenalchemist chapter 14 . 3/31/2008
this was a great srory!

i liked that the chapters were a nice size !
soccer2010 chapter 14 . 3/31/2008
aw that was a great ending!

great story!