Reviews for Tiger, Tiger
sirensbane chapter 6 . 6/4
Holmes' concern for Watson is so touching, and I love how Watson tries to lighten the mood to spare his friend pain. The detail about how Holmes will never twit Watson for his writing now, and the lovely last line. This was a very enjoyable story.
MaryChapel chapter 6 . 4/11
"Until the next time..." Ha! That's certainly true!

Your stories always give me a smile. Thank you, once more, for writing. :)
Guest chapter 6 . 1/20/2014
I really think that this is your best effort to date. Your Holmes and Watson voices are spot-on, the suspense is gripping, the story line flow in an effortless fashion, even Greg on and Lestrade are pitch-perfect. Their comic relief is just enough. In short, it's a great story! Well done!
Werde Spinner chapter 6 . 8/19/2013
So who was the real tiger, hmm? I never expected the journal to stop the bullet, though - Holmes had better never tweak them again.

It was also amusing to see Lestrade and Gregson immediately resume their disagreeing as soon as the threat was taken care of. Some things never change.
Werde Spinner chapter 5 . 8/19/2013
Oh, goodness. And now Watson is in Holmes' shoes. I would make a comment about the irony of it, but the chapter's too tense for me to attempt it.
Werde Spinner chapter 4 . 8/19/2013
Ooh, cliffhanger! (And, yes, I know the feeling of being able to feel only partially sorry for inflicting one. It's rather delightful, isn't it? XD)
Werde Spinner chapter 3 . 8/19/2013
My opinion of Scotland Yard has improved considerably. Lestrade and Gregson have managed to impress me here with their quick thinking, action, and dedication. And why should the minor characters not deserve some love every now and then? :)
Werde Spinner chapter 2 . 8/19/2013
Yep, I was right. Moran is on the loose and is gunning for revenge. Thankfully, Lestrade showed up to warn them. It's rather touching that he came all that way so fast to warn them!
Werde Spinner chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Let me guess. Moran gets loose and goes after them for revenge. Oh, no!

It also seems my comparison of Moran to a bull should have actually been to a tiger. It fits. Who am I to contest that point?
Nimthiriel Eruhin chapter 6 . 12/26/2012
That was excellent! :D
Mister D8a chapter 6 . 8/13/2012
Brilliant( I know, I say that often. Get used to it)!

Love the willingness of both to lay down their lives.

akurosa chapter 3 . 5/10/2012
Hello,I've just finished this in one go, and I've got to hand it to you, it was excellent. I never read first person narratives because it is just so easy to sound so dreadfully childish. Yet you've handled it quite well, extremely well actually, and I was able to read it till the third chapter before I realized it even was first person narrative! It was quite fantastic, honestly. The writing was like that of Doyle's but without going too overboard like some other pieces. I look forward to your other stories.

That being said, I'd just like to make a small contribution of my own. In the chapter you used the chinese proverb 'Three people equal a tiger' and it served its purpose well for the entire Moran reference. However,the actual meaning of lthe saying felt a little off. The proverb means, it takes three people to 'make' a tiger. Meaning if an enough number of people say something it practically becomes true. In this chapter I felt that it was implying the physical strength of three peoplw though that didn't negatively affect the story. Just thought you'd want to know!

Thanks for this piece!
passioninprose chapter 6 . 4/8/2011
What a thrilling end to a great story! I'm very impressed with how you perfectly handle setting tones for different scenes; I felt relaxed and chipper as Holmes and Watson took their stroll through the park in the beginning, only to on the edge of my seat at the end of the story. Great stuff!

I must say I very much enjoyed Watson in chapter three; his concussion obviously did a number on his filter. His no-nonsense lines for Holmes were great. :) And who couldn't love Lestrade and Gregson working together? Lovely.

Thanks for the great read :)
nomdeplume30 chapter 6 . 11/30/2010
Awwww! Warm fuzzies! I enjoy the depth of their friendship, and you write it rather well. I like to see Holmes' softer side when it comes to Watson. And I love seeing Watson take care of business!
lovesFanFic chapter 6 . 11/2/2010
Awww. I love your Watson. It's a little hard to discern his character in the Doyle stories, I think, because he is the narrator. Seeing a little more of his character from the third person perspective (and the personally important cases) is fun.