Reviews for Caged Up
Rhaella Valysar chapter 15 . 6/1/2009
hey the story really got my attention the title could someone tell if it is Kigo? before i read it
Samurai Crunchbird chapter 15 . 2/16/2008
SDZero,

This tale was quite fascinating. I wonder if the Shego/Lynn pairing will spark a new series of stories. I know, due to Shego's involvement in 'Old Friends', the teaming may not make much sense in the 'KP:AD' series you are currently writing.

Still, I 'm thinking of a teaming between LynnGo (or perhaps SheLynn) with Team Possible...where past hostilities and pent-up jealousy nearly cause the world to fall down around them.

No...I have plenty on my plate already. Besides, it's *your* team. You probably have plans for them as it is.

I look forward to the first adventure from this team...or maybe the next chapter of 'Cold Hearted'. Do not worry, though. I will be patient, as good quality is rarely ever compatable with a rigid timetable.

Your friend in writing,

The Samurai Crunchbird
The Enduring Man-Child chapter 15 . 2/15/2008
Well, well, well. Looks like Betty Director and Global Justice aren't quite as on top of things as they thought!

So, what awaits our three gal pals in the future?
Mad Possum chapter 15 . 2/15/2008
Wow. Really dark and really well written... it's really compulsive reading. To be honest, Shego was so dark a character that if the fic had been much longer, I doubt it would have worked, but the length of the story was just right that you pulled it off. Any chance of a sequel? The last few paragraphs really seem to set up for one...
eltf177 chapter 15 . 2/15/2008
Excellent ending to a very good story!

Looking forward to more from you!
eltf177 chapter 13 . 2/11/2008
Getting more and more interesting. I wonder how the rest of the prision population will react when they discover they're being left for dead.

Keep 'em coming!
Kirbilius Clausius chapter 9 . 2/4/2008
I had nearly forgotten about Electronique. While the 'fail-safe' seems a litte too deus ex machina when she could simply have the 'good' that was 'artificially installed' reset when 'her batteries drained' would have sufficed, there's plenty good plot.

Shego's dichotimous "Hey genius, what's the plan? But if you take control from me I'll kill you." her depending on the one person who reminds her of everything she wants to be but tells her about all the time she spent being the person she hated.

As for 'too rough for an anti-hero', take a look at Victorian Age literature (or even the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen comic). Dr. Jeckyll spent a life time trying to develop a conscience cure and when he succeeded was too cowardly to control it and spiralled into debauchery and damnation while showing few virtues and a reluctance to laud those virtues. If this fan-fic is an exploration of evil, the characters have to be consistent enough to be believable and just humane enough to be understandably coherent (no 28 Day Later Zombies). "This is Adrenna Lynn reporting from the very room I skipped rope with the entrails of a guard. With the sweat I worked up and the chilly air, can you see my nipples? Find out at 11." is perfectly within the realm of this work.
Quis Custodiet chapter 9 . 2/4/2008
I was with Zaratan on this story for a while, but in the last two chapters you have pretty much lost me. For a main character, Shego is just too unlikable, even by anti-hero standards. Seriously, after what she's done in the last two chapters, I'm starting to think to myself that she *does* deserve to be locked up in a cell and raped repeatedly.

Anyway, I'm sure this story will continue to appeal to some people, just not me. Good luck with it.
Kirbilius Clausius chapter 8 . 2/2/2008
If they're sieging the prison, getting hostages and holing up...that means there's going to be negotiations, even if they're the distraction before the storming of the prison. Hm...

It's probably more Global Justice/U.N. affiliated than some-specific-where USA if it has all the villainesses from different locales of capture and nationalities.

Do they send Team Possible in, despite negotiation being their least experienced task? On one hand, Kim has the most Shego related experience of a GJ free-lancer, and Kim's allowed in at least minimum security installations (the Fashionistas are held in a coed facility for corporate espionage and forging). In the other, she is an 18 year old and it could be an super or ultra max security prison in full riot. But if she's not part of the negotiation, Shego must believe she's in an ongoing assault/infiltration.

Do they send Team Impossible, now a task force of GJ, in? They are eminently qualified. But they are also all male, not a bright idea given prisoner's cause.

If they send in Team Go, they are subtly declaring that the only one that matters is Shego and Adrenna Lynn will erupt if she thinks Shego's going soft or selling out AND do they dare use a team that might sympathize with Shego (Team Go has shown they will 'forget' Shego's a criminal under normal circumstances, what happens when she tells them the people they're working for tried to rape her?). They might try to get involved even if they aren't asked. On the other hand, they are the most likely survive negotiations gone wrong.

Sure, Dr. Betty Director may choose to go in herself, but that's unheard of in such situations. But at least she's smart enough not to send Agent William Du to give Shego a bunch of book learned, more straight-laced than thou attitude. Especially when he'd serve as an excellent liaison between GJ and the force sent to storm/infiltrate.

But what about the wild cards? Camille Leon is somewhere, and only said she'd escape-she could be hostage, inmate, random GJ agent... If Sensai decided this was as world threatening as the alien invasion (doubtful) Yori may already be undercover (unknown to GJ) as a prisoner.

This could go real bad real quick.
eltf177 chapter 8 . 2/2/2008
And it keeps getting uglier and uglier... Shego's out for revenge and woe to anybody stupid enough to try and stop her! Pity she didn't keep the warden alive to stand trial, I'll bet she could have convinced him to 'confess'!

Anxiously awaiting the next installment!
Kirbilius Clausius chapter 7 . 2/1/2008
Yeah, this is alright.

You got Shego's "Yay, destruction. Yay, revenge. Huh? No, Dr. D does the planning, let me know when he comes up with something." down.

Plus Adrenna Lynn is one of, if not the most truly neurotic villains of the show (Maybe Frugal Lucre). While people like Monkey Fist have this skewed view of reality complementing their faults, Adrenna Lynn just have enough of a brain disorder to want more and more action. Not even something psychological like a death wish, but a true neurological imbalance addicting her to adreniline. Hence, if a kiss from Shego can curl a grown man she's dedicated to getting one for herself. If she gets a scene where she intellectually knows she shouldn't be fighting swat teams without powers yet does any way because of her condition...
The Enduring Man-Child chapter 7 . 1/31/2008
Wow. You've taken characters from a Disney cartoon show and placed them in a very dark (and, I assume, all too true) real world situation. And yet you've maintained their characters so well that even in this strange and alien place it seems like the Shego from the show, and even the one-shot Adrena Lynn seems herself here. (The comic villainess Camille seems more out of place in a prison for prisoners of a much more dangerous sort, but she's a KP villainess and you kept her her old bubble-headed self!)

The fact that KP characters survive this transition so well speaks volumes about what wonderfully-crafted characters they are, and your own love and respect for them.

I was afraid Fiona was going to turn out to be Kim! Glad she wasn't, but sorry she took her own life. But that's the kind of thing that happens in these hellish situations.

Bravo.
eltf177 chapter 7 . 1/31/2008
That was quick!

Another excellent chapter, building up to...well, we'll know when it happens.

Keep 'em coming!
eltf177 chapter 6 . 1/31/2008
Wow...! That one word probably sums this chapter up as well as any could.

Please update soon!
Kirbilius Clausius chapter 5 . 1/30/2008
Hopefully, this will turn more 'prison riot/seige' rather than 'escape' so it'll stay Caged Up and not On The Run.

Also, this could turn a really good twist on non-redemption. Shego trying to 'save' the other prisoners and becoming the celebrity/activist type but since she's Shego it's all flame and fisticuffs. Add in how 'not nice' a person she is and watch any potential redemption float away with the bodies of prisoners that happenned to annoy her/compete for riot leadership.

Yeah...that'll be alright.