Reviews for It's Not Funny
Lanny-Sama chapter 4 . 7/14/2014
I simply love how this starts out as a funny prank, and spirals into deadly serious TRAUMA for the human race. Haha! It's still kinda funny, but with a heavy tone : I like it.
MitzvahRose chapter 4 . 7/4/2014
I admit, at the beginning I was laughing too. Sure, it was guilty laughter; I had this uneasy feeling, but I was still laughing, wasn't I?

Poor, poor Jazz... Not because he doesn't deserve the treatment he received, but because he does. He does deserve it... You're right.
It's not funny.
Ka chapter 4 . 9/17/2013
... man. I was also expecting a humourous fic.
Still, yeah, that's about how it might go.
Ersatz Writer chapter 4 . 7/5/2013
Wow... I really thought it would be one of those hilarious crack fics where both sides have a bit of fun laughing at each other's antics or something... But this went... Beyond my expectation. Like Jazz, I laughed uproariously at Starscream's reaction to the leaflet, and then the laughter turned into muted horror at the outcome... Fantastic twist. Perfectly written. :) Great job!
surxi25 chapter 4 . 8/23/2012
Wow. That felt like a punch in the gut. First you star laughing along with Jazz, maybe thinking that Screamer deserves some sympathy... And then you realize that, as much as a possible victim he might be, he is also a victimizer himself.
And above all else, that domestic abuse (or any kind, really) Is Not Funny.
Overall, great work.
panthothenate chapter 4 . 7/16/2012
It really wasn't funny. Dark, I liked it and the different characters portrays. Great read.
Eminnis chapter 4 . 6/27/2012
Aww...poor Jazz! Really who would've expected a reaction like that?

Good story.

Eminnis
super chip chapter 4 . 5/25/2012
It really wasn't funny. In the best, most gloriously awful way possible. What a shocking dose of dramatic horror, so rare in a fandom that tends towards idealistic, emotionally light, escapist stories...I got the feeling that it was partially a reaction to those, forgive me if I'm wrong. Anyway, other reviewers have said it better, but I guess what I'm trying to tell you is that this was really great in ways that had nothing to do with my enjoyment and everything to do with quality and guts. I think the weight of this story will remain heavily upon me for a long, long while.

Strangely enough, something small stood out to me as particularly disturbing and shifted the context of the story somewhat. Megatron had bite marks on his mouth and on the mangled lower half of his face. Why did Starscream use his teeth?
Spider-Midget chapter 4 . 2/28/2012
The first few chapters were hilarious, and I thought it was going to be a humor fic, despite the warnings. I'm almost glad you did what you did, though. I think the fic could have survived if you kept it comedic, but it's sort of refreshing to see something blow up in someones face for once. More realistic, I guess.

I did enjoy this, but I also wanted to let you know I really, really enjoy the way you write.
LunaticV chapter 4 . 1/27/2012
oh, poor, poor jazz..

i thought it would be funny too.

and half expecting starscream to be touched and wanting OUT from under megatron's rule.. XP
The Apple's Pie chapter 4 . 12/6/2011
o.o

Damn. That was wonderful.
0ptimuspenguin chapter 4 . 9/7/2011
...I...don't think I'm supposed to find this as amusing as I should...
peppymint chapter 4 . 7/21/2011
Do you think we could get a one-shot of what happened when Starscream arrived back at his base? I wonder how many of them it took to restrain him.
Evil Nun chapter 4 . 7/14/2011
I personally really like this story, dark and grim as it ended. While I understand most of the complaints that you've received, I think that some of the arguments are rather weak. Yes, it took a rather abrupt 180 turn, it started out looking like a comedy which may have made some readers feel "lied to,” while some may feel that everyone is treating Jazz too harshly, and if you had written it any other way, I think I'd agree with them. HOWEVER, [this aimed more at the reviewers who had complaints] You gave us warning in the description (Heck, even the TITLE!) that this wasn't a comedy, but a tragedy, so, if anything, people should have been confused by the FIRST two chapters and not the last two, if any confusion was to be had. About the 180 degree turn, meh, that's how I feel most tragedy's are. I mean, a definition for tragedies like Shakespeare's plays are someone falling from his/her high position into ruin/tragedy. That usually entails the character's "Fall from grace" and the 180-turn of the story.

As for the final reviewer's complaints that I disagree with, I don't think the Autobot's treated Jazz unjustly. If Jazz were a "child," eh, perhaps. However, Jazz is a high-ranking officer who is fully aware of the situation regarding the 'cons. ANY officer in ANY militia would be acting inappropriately if he treated his position and any war situation as cavalierly as Jazz did and would be removed from office if his actions led to such devastation. Should Jazz have known just how bad things would turn out? Of course not, but he should have known when and where is the time and place to goof off. Prime didn’t have issues with Jazz joking around, it was with Jazz using the good-intentions of an ignorant group to entertain himself, and grossly abusing his position and miscalculating an enemy HE fully was aware of, even if the charity woman weren’t. Yes, even if he didn’t deliver the pamphlet, the ladies probably would have looked for another outlet, but if Jazz had treated the situation seriously (which, given that he knew they had GREATLY misunderstood the Decepticons and were ignorant to their customs, he should have) he would have informed Prime of the scenario and allow Prime to find someone who was better suited to deal with their misguided sympathy. So no, I don’t think the ending was too “harsh” on Jazz, as long as you look at this story NOT being a G-rated cartoon and also see that the story is marked as a Tragedy, and not a Comedy.

Oh, and one more thing. I’ve noticed some reviews saying that the reactions and consequences seem far fetched. It’s a war. Mistakes are going to cost lives. Also, while the consequences are hardly THIS extreme, I can think of a couple situations where I, or someone I know, did something thinking it would be funny, and because I didn’t take a moment to think of the consequences, ended up greatly hurting someone and could offer no real defense because there was no legitimate one to be had. Any defense given in these situations, when it’s honest, sounds pathetic because when the enormity of what you’ve done has hit you, you can’t help but realize just how stupid you were. It’s really not that uncommon or hard to do. All it takes is not being responsible and thinking through one’s actions, generally when plotting to do something not entirely appropriate for the given situation.

Aaaand...I think I’ll shut up now. XD Sorry, I found your story rather profound, and I couldn’t help but throw my thoughts *coughcough-ESSAY!-cough* regarding some of the other reviews in this.
DragonSteel chapter 4 . 4/12/2011
Holy shit. Just... wow.

We rarely really see just how destructive Starscream could be without any limits. I especially loved just how damaged Megatron was.

Also, the way you're kind of left wondering if it's true or not, and maybe that's the reason for his loss of control.

Just how a seemingly innocuous or insenstive thing can be so destructive and painful. Consequences must be had.