Reviews for A Quiet Walk in the Noonday Heat
FlyingLemonKitteh chapter 6 . 6/19/2014
This is the best thing- and the ending was so cute! I hope those birds find everything they wanted, and I'd have liked to see S-duck too, what a sweetheart :)
that's-a-Secret chapter 6 . 2/3/2013
Yes. He would be a duck.

This was so surreal and complex yet perfectly simple and I love the way it manages to be beautiful while making me feel as lost as Zoro always is, except this time he's lost in his own mind. I got chills multiple times, multiple; and almost flipped a table at the Twilight Street. I still don't really get it...but I'm guessing, basically, it represents his darker desires? For fighting? And when he followed the red string of his connection to the crew, he had to give up some of his personal ambitions? Except not really, because the crew is basically a collective pool of their greatest dreams that each of them share in carrying? Metaphorically on their backs and getting heavier with each step, but they manage.

Hmmm.

Zoro's my favorite character, so I was actually quite pleased that he's such a central figure in this story. I love the birdies though, the way you play his stoic self off of their usual colorful antics. Why is S-bird not there, why...though Zoro is a very 3 person, so maybe it just wasn't meant to be...

And there was even a totally Oda-worthy action scene. Seriously, kudos for that.

Yeah I'll stop blabbing on and on, I don't usually leave reviews but when I start I can't stop. Amazing fanfic. Love pretty much everything about it. Keep up the good work.
Faux Reves chapter 6 . 2/26/2012
My one and only peeve with this story was Lolonoa...seriously? Do you not know that his name is Roroana. R not L? Other than that it was all bloody fantastic! I love your use of imagery and symbolism in here. And Zoro's character analysis was amazing! Of course he wanted to help his Nakama, but obviously it would get to be too much sometimes. And at the end, him carrying all their dreams on his back was just beautiful! Because that's what he's doing isn't. He's there to help them with their dreams, without him they'd all probably be dead. I don't know why you don't have more reviews. This is a wonderful story. Thank you for writing it.
Splatter Fall chapter 6 . 3/23/2009
SDFGHJKMNBVCS PERFECT. o_o Perfect ending ohmyGAWD. I love this. I freaking /love this/. I'm not gonna say "loved" just because I'm done reading it because I love it so much I'm going to /keep loving it/.

Awesome. Just awesome. I enjoyed every moment reading this and I'll probably come back and read it again in the near future just because I love it /that much/. I can't begin to thank you enough for this wicked idea, and this epic story, and asdfghjkhgf. o_o

oo Thankyou. *hug*
Splatter Fall chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
o3o My first thought was that, /man/, you convey settings really well. Spooky an desolate. It gives a really weird feeling when reading this story. :'D Can't explain it in a way that makes sense. *shot*

Actually I added this story to my favorites a long time ago because I started it, but never got to finish it, and I didn't want to lose it. So I'm only just now getting to read the whole thing. Sorries for that. D:
JoojooBrother chapter 6 . 9/29/2008
Teehee. Neat!
Saint Dezzie chapter 5 . 9/1/2008
I just want to say that I think you have one of the most creative works in the entire One Piece section of this site, and this fiction is included. I can't explain my love for the single character-focused stories that are uncommonly uploaded - and rarely written as well as this - but I'm thankful that I found a story like this. It really is nice to read a story mainly about one character because to me it's a bit of a break from seeing an entirely colorful cast. Don't get me wrong-it's hard not to fall in love with the entire Straw Hat crew-but it's good to see a personal perspective from one sole character every once in a while, even if it is a fanfiction.

The most wonderful concept of this story to me is Zoro's whole attitude about the crewlike birds possibly not being real; that tone that says, "they're just as annoying as the real people, but that's what reassures me the most. And even if they aren't real & they're just dumb lil birds, I won't hold it against them because they're counting on me and I can't turn my back on them." I think it's interesting when someone who always seems sane gets a little Alice-in-Wonderland-ish. I have always viewed Zoro as the type who TRIES to always keep his cool (and tends to), even if he has to force himself to. Hm yes I think you really got his character down :)

When you mentioned that the it was a lady he was going to fight, I almost thought it'd be Kuina's ghost or something. It'd be cool if it was, but the deceptive old lady was a good choice :) sweet! You're original.

And I reallyreallyreally like the way you ended it from that scene where Usopp shouts about the hottie with the sword & meat. It's really cool 'cos it's not like how others make a One Piece fanfic & set the timeline between arcs. but no you set one IN an arc hahah a very very creative and witty way to not push space in the timeline. I almost forgot that this was around the Thriller Bark arc.

& now I'm going to stop my review and add this to my favorites already :) thanks for the read. Hauntingly lovely.
Miyavilurver chapter 5 . 7/27/2008
This story is crazy but i like it. (:

I really don't know what to say about it though. I enjoyed reading this. It was just so...so i don't know. It really grabbed my attention. It was one of the most interesting reads Ive seen.

(: Your stories are s awesome
SecretSnow chapter 5 . 4/12/2008
I just finished reading it and found it really interesting! I am guessing that the rock he took in the end was supposed to be what he wants or dreams and if I am right that mans that his friends dreams are his dreams as well! But the closing of the door on Twilight Street seemed a bit Eerie to me as well as the clock refrence, but the door creeped me out more. Does that mean that he's not fully accepted his life as Luffy's first mate? but whatever. You did a very wonderful job but it's roronoa not lolonoa.
Hikari-Melanie 2lazy2login chapter 5 . 2/21/2008
Man, did I enjoy this story. Very much so. I also appreciate how you managed to tie the fanfiction into the actual storyline.

Where do I start? It's hard to comment on something that so good overall. Zoro's very spot on through-out the whole story, no weakeness in his character despite the endearing oddness of the setting and the places.

If anything, I was a wee bit disappointed that Sanji or Robin or Chopper didn't show up, but I guess you threw a shout out to them with the things written on the not-poneglyph. Darn, how I wish he managed to take that back with him. But that would take all the fun out of the series, wouldn't it?

Ah, how can I end this little ramble? Beautifully written, great descriptive style, indescribably unique in location and ideas, and chockful of hidden messages that I was prolly too dense to pick up most of. I loved it!
Lopez chapter 5 . 2/20/2008
Agh! You're story was perfect up until the Lolonoa part! Other than that...fantastic!
JoojooBrother chapter 5 . 2/20/2008

BEST THING EVAR!

THIS IS OFFICIALLY MY FAVE STORY!

:D:D:D:D

:D:D:D:D:D:D
Santoryuu-Zoro chapter 5 . 2/20/2008
Ah I loved that whole thing, I'm sad it's over. I loved the birds, they were co cute~
JoojooBrother chapter 4 . 2/2/2008
:D

This is so fucked up its awesome!

Santoryuu-Zoro chapter 4 . 2/2/2008
_ I love it! Please update soon!