Reviews for Genius is a Curse
yourtelescope chapter 55 . 10/27/2020
Love the chapter! The interactions you create and conversations are fantastic! I love how you depict L and Light's interaction, and I'm excited to see what Light's plans arethank you for the update, looking forward for much much more!
Nicovi chapter 55 . 10/27/2020
Wonderful chapter,

it made a lot of the characters feel more alive. Even small moments, with for instance Sayu, showed us a new side of the side characters.

Only thing I have to complain about is that I can't buy those kind of fancy chocolate in my town!
orangepotato chapter 55 . 10/26/2020
I was so happy to see this had updated! It’s been a hectic couple of weeks, so it was a wonderful treat!

As always, the characterizations are excellent and well done! I quite enjoy how you’ve fleshed out Matt, Wedy, and Aiber. Meanwhile, the mainstay characters L and Light are still well crafted and interesting. I’m excited to see what’s next for L’s plan! And I very much enjoyed Light’s attitude - it’s true! L needs to figure out if he trusts Light or not and work from there. He can’t just have Aiber do all the talking. Like it or not, L will have to have actual conversations with Light. I’m excited to see what happens next!

And they don’t have much time for the plan to take place! Sayu and Near are close! I wonder if they’ll see Light in the hospital...

I hope all has been well for you!

Update again soon!
Orange potato
WindySilver chapter 55 . 10/26/2020
A new chapter, awesome! Light and Aiber's conversation was great! :D
Ill-Fated-Wish chapter 55 . 10/26/2020
Woooooooo! I was so excited to see u updated another chapter! It was rly good! I enjoyed all these character interactions a lot— you write them very well. I have to say I enjoyed Near and Sayu’s bits, especially the end of the chapter when Near possibly got excited at the thought of traveling more. Which had me like yessss! Spread your wings! I’m excited to see what happens next! Thank u for the update!
Labirintico chapter 55 . 10/26/2020
It's a bit embarrassing how happy your updates make me :)
Thank you for creating all these interactions between these amazing characters! I love Aiber and Wedy and I've always been disappointed with how little we got of them from canon.
I really enjoyed Aiber and Light's conversation and I can't wait for L's reaction when he watches that first (and only) minute ahahah
Even if Light's venom towards L scares me a little, L honestly deserves it all, he has still so much to learn! Then again, it's not easy to change your behavior all of a sudden and it's kind of sad to see how little of the progress he's made in understanding his shortcomings is showing in his actions and interactions with others.
Can't wait for the Yagami siblings to finally meet, I'm not sure when it will happen or how it will go but it's going to be emotional.
Go Near, go and explore the world I'm rooting for you!

Thanks for updating, I hope you're doing good in spite of the weird times we're living in.
TheVastEmptiness chapter 55 . 10/25/2020
I really enjoyed reading this!
HannibalStan chapter 55 . 10/25/2020
I just found some free time and took advantage of it to read the last two chapter. I always love your updates and I am very happy with how this story is developing. The whole bit where Wedy hugs L was beautiful and seeing all these characters interact when they didn't in canon is amazing. The last bit of this chapter struck a chord in me. The feeling of suddenly realising that you could go anywhere, experience the world instead of fearing it or being sheltered from it... Anyway, I am rambling. I am very excited to see how the Sayu - Light reunion will go.
coacoa beans chapter 1 . 10/15/2020
I just checked your profile and you're saying that the next chapter will be the last and that just breaks my heart. oh my god. I don't know what I'll do when this story is over.

I'm not even exaggerating when I say that this story has been a favorite pastime for me when I was in middle school and I literally grew up with it and went to highschool and then university and I was still reading it from time to time. it even inspired to write my own fanfiction about death note and I'm still loving death note even 10 years later. your writing is amazing and it got me through tough times.

Thank you.
Kaslo chapter 54 . 10/14/2020
I can't believe I just read and cried over a Death Note fic in the year 2020 but this is where I'm at now. Your writing, your creativity, your characterization is all incredible. I sincerely hope you continue to write this story
coacoa beans chapter 54 . 10/10/2020
I've been obsessed with this story ever since it came out and i still read it all over again from time to time. it's so well written and the characters are really coming to life through your words.

if I receive an update that a chapter has been uploaded, it's usually the highlight of my entire week, no kidding.

I hope you're doing well and that you're being recognized for the talent you have. your writing is really something.
kurapikachu chapter 23 . 9/25/2020
I suspected that Mello had committed suicide before his name was even mentioned because something had to have happened to him for Matt to be listed as a character in place of him despite only getting a minute of screen time.
wubstu chapter 54 . 9/16/2020
Please continue this XD this is my favorite death note story! I love how long it is cuz most stories are short and they discontinue them so fast! I love how you have kept up this story and I can’t wait to see what happens next! I hope Light sees his family again ;O;
yamanecko chapter 54 . 9/16/2020
what a wonderful book. this absolutely wrecked me. and i had never listened to Rurutia until reading this, and now they're going to forever be tied together. i love that both L and Light are so incredibly flawed (even if it makes me cry) and can't wait for your next update.
crazykittylover chapter 54 . 8/22/2020
Hello,

I just wanted to take the time and effort to tell you how much I appreciate your story. This is the second time I've read through it thankful for the newest chapter that you've released. I was very happy about that. I have to say I didn't realize how many new interesting words I would learn just reading one fanfiction. I literally had to look up I think a hundred and fifty words to figure out what they meant. LOL.

I hope that you will release your next chapter sooner than later. I really love your story. I think you should leave it as it is honestly. It is written very well. I don't really think you need to make any adjustments to it and your previous chapters I noticed that you made comments about wanting to maybe edit them.

You have a wonderful fiction that you've been writing and I'm so happy that you've chosen to pick your writing back up. I know it can be very difficult to pick up writing after you fall out of it. I did the same thing with a different website was in a different account. I hope to read your next chapter sooner than later thank you for writing such a wonderful story.

I more than likely will go back and write reviews for your previous chapters but i at least for now want to. Thank you for the story. It was worth reading all over again! I actually managed to get it all read in 12 hours. I didnt read for 12 hours straight; 6 hours each. It was just that good and captivating!
2,915 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »