Reviews for Study in Pastels
GeorgyannWayson chapter 1 . 3/3
Hello there! I'm a Staffer from The Reviews Lounge Too and your story was recommended to be in our Archives! For reference, I am completely canon blind, so please excuse any misunderstandings I may have :)

Love the opening two lines of [At first glance] and [He knew better]. While anyone in passing could just [mistake her eyes for blue], Brandon knows better. Maria is seared into his conscience, a result of God knows how many hours of studying this beautiful woman. I also really want to say that I love his attention to detail with calling Maria's eyes [sea green] and not just green. That he's so sensitive to the colors as to get that specific based on a memory from childhood is not only impressive, but really romantic and sweet.

[study in pastels] my God, if a man would ever think of me like this, I would be all over him, just saying. I love how you took a cliché compliment that men use frequently in comparing women and art and made it so unique. The star of this drabble, of course, is this beautiful statement and what comes after with [An experiment of color that went so right].

As an aside, I do kind of feel a sort of disconnect between these two sentences and I think that a simple change of punctuation would change its tone dramatically. For example, you could try [...study in pastels - an experiment of color that went so right] or something like that just to give this gorgeous imagery better flow. Just my opinion and that's all :)

[Lately, she wasn't giving him...] oooo someone's liking the attention! Hopefully these two are together/will get together in canon. If not, they should right now! It only took 100 words to make me a believer!

You did a great job, dear writer. Thank you for writing this drabble! Good luck on future projects!
Legendary Biologist chapter 1 . 1/23
Adorable! Brandon's portrayal is great. Quiet, but sweet; that's just Brandon. :)
R.Deadparts chapter 1 . 12/6/2014
Holy crap that was adorable. I love this show. And your fanfic. Nice job.
All and Sundry chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
A wonderful portrayal of Brandon's character. Well done.

- Bara
Dark Manifest chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
Very nice. Quiet, intense, a little awkward when it comes to etiquette, just like Brandon. The last sentence really rounded it off.
Hittokiri Brothers chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
This sounds like a beginning of a great story. I advice to you would be to add more.

Sons of Jenova (yazoo)