Reviews for Gorgeous Shade of Blue
bnexusreviewer chapter 11 . 7/6
I just finished reading and thought I'd leave a review. I realize this fic is old but I figure you might still be interested in hearing people's thoughts.

The story was all right, it was an interesting read, specifically the last few chapters. Everyone was very ooc like you stated in the summary. Usually that may not be too much of a problem, as long as the characters are recognizable. But in this case, while I could still see the turtles in how you wrote them, I just couldn't suspend belief enough to accept it. There were a number of issues and I'm not talking about Raph raping Leo because as impossible as that seems, I could accept that as part of the story that needs to be told.

So here's a few things: First off, Leo's opinion of Mikey is quite low. Besides detailing how beautiful his eyes are, or how funny and cheerful he is, Leo pretty much considers Mikey an imbecile. Mikey is no scholar and certainly not in Donny's league intellectually, but he's very insightful and surely more competent than Leo gives him credit for here. He only briefly acknowledges Mikey's maturity at the end while the rest of the fic, he did nothing but think his youngest brother is a cretin with pretty blue eyes.

Leo and Raph hating each other. As much as they may disagree, I could never imagine Leo or Raph actually hating each other, at least not unless there's a very good reason. For Raph to be willing to rape Leo over his jealousy that Leo is the leader? Very extreme. And Leo admitting he already hated Raph even before the rape? Not convincing.

The Rape. Now, the rape isn't the real problem, but rather how everyone handles it. Splinter hits Raph, but other than that does nothing. No one thought of what Raph might do after this? He was willing to rape Leo and threaten to harm Donny with seemingly no remorse and no one thinks he may be too dangerous to keep around? Raph almost choked Leo in revenge. This goes beyond anger problems. Raphael is seriously disturbed and needs a lot of help. In the series, Leo was sent away to train with the Ancient One because he had some ptsd. Raph would need a lot more help than that to cure the myriad of psychological issues he must have.

Mikey hooks up with Raph, even after he finds out that he raped Leo. Leo, the turtle Mikey loves and wants to have a committed relationship with. He's totally cool with having a sexual relationship with a rapist. Makes me think that Leo wasn't so off in thinking that Mikey is an idiot. In fact, in the end he thinks Mikey and Raph might be made for each other and that's frightening. Mikey, as bad as someone who raped one brother, nearly tried to kill him and even threatened to hurt his own boyfriend as blackmail. It feels like you were mildly bashing Mikey in this fic to be quite honest. Forget Leo's very low opinion of Mikey's intelligence, but to have him screw around with Raph after all that. Especially right after he and Leo sort of break up again? Makes Mikey extremely insensitive, on top of being stupid. He couldn't have loved Leo all that much if he'll go bang his rapist in the next room not even 24 hours later.

It was an ok read up until the last two chapters, but after that is just left such a bad taste in my mouth. Raph is so toxic and his problems aren't being treated, just ignored, so he'll never get better. And most likely, he'll drag Mikey down with him. Because Mikey's morals are obviously shaky at best and he's too dumb to realize how seriously disturbed Raph really is. Nothing really gets resolved in this, except the romantic subplot between Leo and Donny. The ending is rushed, Leo and Donny finally getting together feels meaningless in the face of how completely messed up everything else is, and the story arc is left feeling incomplete. You teased at a possible sequel, but never posted it, and without that to possibly bring some resolution, this ending is very hollow and disappointing.
sophie chapter 7 . 10/19/2015
I no this sounds strange because it's a story with a different view, but I don't think I can look at the turtles characters the same way again after reading this! Lol I feel for Leo, he still has to live with raph after that...in the next room, train, eat, work, watch TV with him. how could Leo even trust him to have his back in a fight? Really splinter should have sent raph away for "enlightenment" training after that. And again I no its a different spin on them, but I am really surprised splinter is ok with his sons relationship. All in all tho you are a good writer. Very graphic! Thumb up.
Guest chapter 5 . 10/18/2015
WoW I would have expected this animalistic lust from Raph not Leo. lol
Cutegenius chapter 10 . 12/8/2014
HOW THE HELL CAN MIKEY EVEN THINK ABOUT BEING WITH RAPHAEL KNOWING THAT RAPH RAPED LEO? I thought he loved Leo? So why the hell would you want to share a bed with someone who so maliciously violated someone you supposedly loved? Rape is the most disgusting, most violent, and most hateful thing anyone can inflict on another person. If Mikey truly loved Leo, he wouldn't want to be in the same room with Raph, let alone sleep with him knowing what evil he is capable of!
Cutegenius chapter 8 . 12/8/2014
But... Wasn't Leo about to do the same thing to Donny in the first chapter? He even said so himself, about not taking "no" for an answer
Cutegenius chapter 6 . 12/8/2014
So... who exactly does Leo expect Mikey to find? They are the only mutant turtles... So, it's like Leo is saying that he expects himself and Mikey to suffer alone forever, isn't it?
Cutegenius chapter 5 . 12/8/2014
Does Leo even know that "friends with benefits" means that one of the benefits includes sex?
Cutegenius chapter 3 . 12/8/2014
Hmm, I'm just worried that maybe Mikey will just end up being Leo's rebound guy... someone he can just use as a distraction to forget his own pain and get over it, then leave Mikey after he's moved on from his feelings for Donny and doesn't need the distraction anymore? Not that Leo would ever intentionally do that. Most people don't.
hiccup-mikey-robin chapter 11 . 12/1/2014
After reading the whole trilogy in one sitting, I am really hoping for a few more sequels. However, you last updated six years ago so I don't I'll get my hopes too high.

I'm still keeping this in my Follows and Favorites. Wink.

Did Don know Raph banged Mikey before they become a couple? Hhmmm...

It's a cute gesture that the title aimed to be Mikey's eyes at first that later changed to Leo's bandana.
hiccup-mikey-robin chapter 10 . 12/1/2014
Mikey is obviously my favorite turtle, second is Raph. Them together is my favorite pairing. I just hope that they get to be happy together here as a couple and not just brothers with benefits. I would love to have sequels on their POVs. Also, Raph dominant over Mikey would be appropriate. I just hope he is not too harsh on the kid. Though, Mikey was so gentle and skilled on Leo, so I guess Raph was a gentle teacher after all.
hiccup-mikey-robin chapter 7 . 12/1/2014
I'm just wondering if Raph was extra rough on Mikey like when Raph did it to Leo. Raph just became the unofficial alpha male banging all his brothers in just six months. So, Raph isn't really in love with Don, huh? Interesting.
hiccup-mikey-robin chapter 4 . 12/1/2014
For a moment there, I was lost and shocked with Mikey dominant over Leo. I admit that I was relieved when things went to "normal" with Leo being the alpha male again. Woah. He have the kid bruises in just a few minutes-Leo was really rough on Mikey. Hehe.
hiccup-mikey-robin chapter 6 . 12/1/2014
Mikey's crying... Again. No.
hiccup-mikey-robin chapter 3 . 12/1/2014
Oh, Mikey. Come here, baby. Stop crying, please.
hiccup-mikey-robin chapter 2 . 12/1/2014