Reviews for Bliss Of Another Kind
BlankSpace1009 chapter 25 . 5/12/2012
Oh my god this was adorable! So perfect! I cried a little bit :)
living-is-easy-with-eyes-closed chapter 25 . 12/13/2010
This was another lovely fic.

I'd like to let you know that finding your stories during the week of final exams is a very very dangerous thing. I keep having to read a few chapters at a time and the pull myself away from them to study which is extremely difficult to do because your stories are genius.

Cheers!
sexybeardedlover chapter 25 . 5/9/2010
hey, I know you wrote this like forever ago. But I wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed it and I almost cried (I didn't cos I don't cry I'm a bit dead inside :P but I did feel very emotional)

Anyway, I've been insanely inspired by this fic to write a song based on it...I think I'm going to work on it. :D
Sinloi chapter 10 . 3/7/2010
"Sometimes I want to scream at him, "How can you not notice? I panic because I think I make it so obvious, and you never even fucking notice!""

In all my years of reading fanfiction I've never read a line so true to the form of the content your writing about. It extends to not only Vince being in love with Howard, but to his subsequent depression, or even as a general testament to Howard and Vince's dynamic.

This fic as a whole is very beautiful. Sappy at times? Maybe, but it doesn't take away from the experience of the story because it's not something that makes up the whole of the tale, more as it's something that happens progressively.

I was hesitant at first to read this because of the content, and because I wasn't sure if I could see bright bubbly Vince as some sort of suicidal manic depressive. But you do transition us into it so well, and you stay so true to his character, that I was totally immersed and all my trepidations were forgotten.

Anyways, I just wanted to say that this story is positively lovely, and I'm sorry for being so long winded in my praise.

*favs*
HalianFromPlanetZork chapter 25 . 8/3/2009
Well what can I say? You have yet again blown me away with your brilliance-nes, you are by far my most favorite fanfiction author. Now admittedly I wasn't hooked straight away with this, but when it got to chapter 6 I was getting into it, then by chapter 10 I was definitely hooked. I would not rest untill I had my daily dose of this story, I got around to reading around 3 chapters before I went to bed, satisfied and eager to read more the next day. I felt for poor Vince throughout, no one should go through that. And I just wanted to smake Howard for some reason, he just made things all to awkward. I still can't believe that they're together now, don't get me wrong I'm glad they're in a relationship now, but god Vince had to fight for it, which makes me want to smack Howard even more. I love Bollo more now thanks to you, I also have a soft spot for that kebab guy and Charles. 3 Thanks again for entertaining me with your stories. You get the mixture of angst and romance just beautifully. xx
hkfdshkdjlfkghhlglfjdkghs chapter 25 . 6/20/2009
woah, just stayed up till half 5 reading this brilliant fic from beginning to end... T'was well worth it!

Bouts of heart breaking angst and all! They're all so tragically misguided *sighs* but I suppose it makes the gorgeously fluffy ending all the sweeter.. Well that certainly was the case in this story anyway! Beautiful.

The denumont where Howard runs off and says all those hurtful, confusing things actually made me cry a little and the climax in the rain? A tad corny...but ever so perfect and loverly and just plain Naw-fest!

So yes I am sending all my appreciation for this fic in one long, hideous review...hope you don't mind :p (I'm sure you dont, as this story already has nearly 300 reviews! Which I'm insanely jealous and slighly in awe of...kudos :D) I can't believe this was your first fic *gasp* I can only dream of attaining such an insane level of awesomeness in my first (which is STILL in progress; slow, slow progress *shakes head sadly*)

I believe you said you bumped into Julian Barratt on the street? No.1 god I wish I lived somewhere where I could spontaneously "bump into" either Noel or Ju *sobs* and No.2 how did you manage to control yourself so well? I would either have a) jumped around crazily and more than a tad scarily I would imagine, asking him for autographs and photos b) totally jumped him and asked him to take me to be Booshy bride, also a tad scary...or c) simply fainted dead of cardiac arrest at the sight of him (this latter being the most likely of reactions, seeing as how excitable I am).

Any way LOVE x 1,0,0,0,0,0,0 (to make up for my lack of reviews)

Brie xx
GrandEclectus chapter 7 . 6/13/2009
Terrific! Great bit from the Moon! Could've been written by the boys themselves. Gawd, I love the idea of them snuggling at night. One of my fav fantasies, and you wrote it so well...I'm looking forward to more. thanks!
GrandEclectus chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
Absolutely wonderful! You drew me in IMMEDIATELY! Hope you write original fic too. This is lovely!
erinmaree87 chapter 25 . 5/31/2009
Absolutely brilliant. There are so many Boosh stories with a similar theme but this one stood above all the others. I think you really ended it brilliantly, it felt like a movie.:)
Jord-El chapter 25 . 4/13/2009
The sheer fact that this story had me on the verge of tears multiple times shows your writing ability and skill. You wrote every single emotion perfectly. ]

Loved this fic, it kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Great job )
Tia Paes chapter 25 . 3/8/2009
My god, that fic was brilliant. It made me laugh out loud, wipe away a couple of tears, gasp in surprise, clutch my chest and sigh in happiness. The characters were so wonderful. I loved how you portrayed naboo, he was such a great guy in this fic. Bollo as well, I got very emotional when Bollo was saying how proud he was of vince.

I've often found that the most crazy and social people are the most depressed so this fic seemed really believable to me. I hated how confused Howard was but I found that it fitted him. I loved how fragile and broken Vince seemed because you just know that the make up between them will be all the more sweeter!

Thanks for writing this brilliant fic, I wish I could fave it three hundred billion times!
Sara Noir chapter 25 . 2/3/2009
I just want to say that I LOVED this story so fucking much I joined to review it (and one other but ignore that :P)

Oh yeah, and I agree with most of what RoseNoirMakin'TheCha says, it's such a brilliant story and she's summed up all the best of it. It's just all fantabulous by the end which is wonderful and makes me all fuzzy inside :D (and I'm kinda-sorta-not really ashamed to say I did cry over this. it's that good. take it as a compliment :) )
Froody chapter 25 . 11/16/2008
Perfect end to a hell of a load of angst (which was all the more appreciated for it). Great story! Well done.
jazzhands815 chapter 25 . 11/16/2008
aw this was so lovely! i'm sort of new in the fandom and stuff so ive been reading all the fic i can find and i was told this was a fandom classic and they were so right! aw Vince was so in character, it was so good that you showed that he isn't always a happy sunshine kid, he does get miserable. it was so well written! i wanted to cry at some bits : ( but i was so glad they got their happy ending! it was amazing, can't wait to read more of ur stuff!
KickingRoses chapter 25 . 11/15/2008
Oh my sweet Lord...

This was, without a doubt, my favourite ever awfully written, awfully contrived, plotless piece of (insert profanity) that I have masterbated furiously over. And I really truely mean that, my love. Thank god for our little circle of mindless friends that we can all share our pleasure with, ey? It's just a shame there are some jealous of our little perverse and clueless club though, innit?

*hugs*

Now, onto the review, this whole thing was just so epic. I love that the whole thing was from Vince's point of view, not that shared pov in fics aren't great, but it just gave this one a stability and continuity that added greatly. And my god have you got Vince's inner thoughts down to a T. True the depression thing was a stretch outside his character that we see on the show but it's not as if it's something that can't be touched upon. We've seen Vince get depressed at times and show there was so much more going on under his glitzy beauty. And the way you managed to contain that ditzy, naive, innocent tone to his thoughts even at his most darkest and complacent of moments. It was endearing and somewhat pitiful, it made me just want to hug Vince all the way through. Especially in the first few parts where Howard was being all shouty and harsh to him - I just wanted to slap the jazzy freak round the face, and Howard's my favourite! But the way you made Vince crumble more and more throughout the fic went on, when all he wanted to do was just be allowed to hold onto Howard and Howard kept pushing him away...even when they had sex, it was cold and emotionless and nothing like Vince expected (he could join the club of most girls at their first time!).

The whole Howard missing/depression scenes were truely incridble. The way you used such short, blunt, sentences and repition of drowning and darkness just heightened the image of Vince sinking further into hisself with no one to save him. And my heart was literelly set to break when he jumped off the roof. I mean...how could you? And it even carried on after that. And it just got worst for poor Vince. Then Howard appeared and...OMG.

That was definitely my favourite chapter. I just loved how Howard threw aside the tart he was with and went to Vince's side. It was like you could feel how badly he'd seen he'd fallen without him and didn't wanna let him go again. And the way the chapters followed with the slow and steady rebuild of their relationship and...oh the second to last chapter just took my breath away. The rain. The kebab man. The stranger. Vince's speech. The kiss...oh god, the KISS!

Damn I have to stop now coz my fingers have pins and needles but, you get the idea, this was just amazing. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise, hon - they know what they're in for when they read this and if they don't like that sort of stuff then they shouldn't be wasting their time reading for TWENTY ONE pages. Sure we're wasting our time as well but at least we enjoy it :)

Love you