Reviews for Shadows in Starlight
Icarian chapter 14 . 2/17
This is the third time I've read this through, and each time I've been enthralled.
Shadows in Starlight is everything fan fiction should be, but so rarely is.
Your knowledge and enthusiasm for the source material shines through in every sentence, and the characterisation feels both faithful and emotive.
I can't see either of the source materials without envisioning this. It has eclipsed them both!
TOSoldtimer chapter 14 . 2/14
I've just reread this wonderful tale twice through, the better to enjoy all your wonderful details. Kenshin, Obi-Wan and Sano perfectly drawn. I love the way you get into their minds. And poor Kenshin - "halfbreed" peasant, redhead, orphan, shrimp, hitokiri, demon, fugitive - no wonder he sees himself as unworthy and Obi-Wan as a threat. And by the way, could there possibly be a connection between Quinlan Vos and Hiko?
I do hope you write a sequel. Maybe the new RK movies and the upcoming Star Wars movie will inspire you. PLEASE, SEQUEL PLEASE!
Thanks for a marvelous read.
P. S. If you can list this as a crossover, I'm sure it will get more attention.
Ryouseiteki chapter 8 . 2/10
This has the same convoluted backstory researched into it that I adored about embers omfg. Do you have published works? I feel the need to throw money at you for more masterpieces like these
Ryouseiteki chapter 2 . 2/9
Oh my god. Kenshin. Used. Force-lightning... I'm. I'm in awe. He used it as a, terrible, healing technique. Oh my god. My eyes actually just watered and I just, that's so awesome. I can't even move on to the next chapter yet, I feel like I've gotta just sit and stare into the darkness of my room for awhile first.
lembas7 chapter 13 . 12/4/2014
I always love coming back to this story when I'm in a Star Wars mood. :)

Did anything ever happen with those bits and bobs of scenes that you had planned within "The Empire Strikes Back"? I don't think that I'm the only one who'd love to see more of this lovely universe . . .
TOSoldtimer chapter 4 . 10/7/2014
This chapter is wonderful! Such creative background and character building!
Just a suggestion: If you want to attract more Ruoroni Kenshin readers, you should consider labeling this as a crossover, and listing Kenshin as a character. I read a lot more RK than Star Wars, and I almost missed this gem. So glad I found it.
Silverkitsune chapter 1 . 9/30/2014
You do Kenshin so well. No matter what universe he is in, you maintain that personalities. Can't wait to see what you do with other characters and how you play out this universe.
A Midsummer chapter 14 . 9/24/2014
Any mention of Shishou always gets me fluffy feelings, almost like an overly excited puppy. The mentions of Luke, Leia (Koubei's knowledge of the Princess was a shock), Han Solo and dear Anakin had always been a reminder that yes idiot, this is a merging of two worlds into one universe but a crossover nonetheless. Jarring experience.

And you went there. Sakabatou as a customized light saber not withstanding. And Sou, ohhh, Sou. And Saitou. And Aizu.
linkhyrule5 chapter 4 . 6/1/2014
I'm surprised Obi-Wan hasn't confronted Kenshin about his ridiculous control with Force lightning yet...
Guest chapter 14 . 5/8/2014
I love reading this story! I hope that you will eventually get the inspiration to make a sequel. I really think that you could go somewhere with this story, although you have already ended it at a good place.
Kyu-Momo chapter 14 . 4/24/2014
That was wonderful! :3
Nanaille chapter 14 . 4/11/2014
Superb story with a fascinating background... you managed to blend everything in a whole new universe where everyrhing fit perfectly. I loved it. Nice characterization as well. Thank for the ride!
Glaux Bryonia chapter 14 . 1/16/2014
I do so very much love this fic. The Yamato you describe is beautiful and complicated, and I love the relationship you built between Kenshin and Obi-wan. Admirable.
Icarian chapter 5 . 12/30/2013
This is fantastic. I've just realized that I've read 5 chapters without noticing I had pressed the next button. Your writing style is engaging and mature and and the characters so very true to themselves, even in the foreign setting, that it is easy to get caught up in the story. I really love the descriptions of the planet's perilous fauna and flora too. I look forward to reading more.
reality deviant chapter 14 . 11/29/2013