Reviews for Foes and Friends
Gothgirl1696 chapter 1 . 7/3/2013
Could you add another chapter? I like this story!
Sasuketaemin chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
great story
LayRay chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
the characters are perfect. people who don't watch the show might not get it, but i could see all of the dialogue actually happening in the show. really funny. i hope there is a sequel.
Lucrezia6565 chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
Thank you for resubmitting this story. I guess I've missed it when it first came out, and I'm glad I've had a chance to read it this time.

It's definitely well written, and once again makes me wonder how different things would have been if Mai would have joined the gaang along with Zuko early on...as it stands, I can't find the Mai/Zuko romance too convincing, and overall I tend to prefer a Katara/Zuko pairing...but sometimes I wonder if that's because we weren't given the chance to thoroughly explore Mai's potential in the series (such an interesting character that never got the attention she deserves, I think.)

That said, this story still feel as if it's missing a proper ending.

So now Mai is part of the gaang: are they going to accept her? Is Zuko going to talk/apologize to her? She walked away from the fire and went where?...(will Zuko follow her?...)

Too many questions unanswered, I think...are you going to add more chapters to this story now that you resubmitted it?

Healing Poison chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
This is really good. But did Ty Lee stay with the GAang?
Mirrorfaced chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
You know, I think I've read this before, and not reviewed. ... Pleaseforgiveme? I love this little one-shot ficthing, though all of the escaping must have gone down a good while before Mai showed up. I think. There were tones of little conversations (mostly involving Sokka) that I found hilarious. I love love /love/ how you portray everybody, and it's just, beautiful. Fantastic work.
Shadowhawke chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
Hmm, an interesting possibility if Mai ever did try to find the GAang. Very nice, and I liked your portrayal of Azula. It was so very, very true to the character.

And what do you mean you're not funny in fanfic? “So what- you want me to get radar now?” - that was an absolutely golden line! A great laugh.
Trombe chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
I'm here to say just what everyone else had already said.

You have a brilliant way of weaving very witty and humorous dialog. A very important skill. It almost made me feel like I'm actually reading from the actual scripts.

Very well done. Instant fave.
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 1 . 4/22/2008
Nice one-shot. Seguel?
Wolfen Dreams chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
Loved the "Evil defector quota" It took me a second and then I laughed. A lot. The idea of Mai waving was also very lulzy. The entire thing was sweet and lulzy and sad. Yeah. Interesting combination.

Poor Mai. She's stuck losing friends either way. Either Zuko, or Ty Lee and Azula. (I don't care what people say, I think that Mai, Azula, and Ty Lee are friends. You don't know people for that long and remain unaffected. Well, maybe Azula, but at the very least, Mai and Ty Lee are friends. I'm one of those people who believes that Azula has some humanity in there.)
luv2readfanfic chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
Excellent! That's how I always imagined things would go between Azula and Mai, Azula almost killing Zuko before Mai steps in. Mai and Ty Lee aren't Azula freinds anyway. Azula doesn't have freinds she has pawns.
SIR JAZZ chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
"Mai got up and walked further from the fire." I read it as an implication that she was switching sides, if not merely distancing herself from the Fire Nation and its ideals. Maybe I'm reading too deep. Either way, I thought it was a spectaular line.

Good story.
Zohh chapter 1 . 1/28/2008
Surprisingly, I quite enjoyed this. Everyone was mostly in character- especially Sokka.
puttingpentopaper chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
I thought you wrote that really well. Everyone seemed in character. Especially Sokka. Ahh, I love Sokka (not in the crazy fangirl kinda way, I just think he's hilarious)

Great Story!
Wren Sharpbeak chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
This was absolutely wonderful. Your characterizations were all SPOT-ON. Dialogue felt exactly like what i would expect from the show, and the sense of humor inserted into the tension (“I’d comfort you but I’m scared that you’d disable my limbs.” -"Yeah.”) was just perfect. You definitely had me laughing with all the quips.

Notable favorites were:

“Yeah- but you were all ‘hey’” The boy drops his voice and his face in an unflattering imitation of the noblewoman “...instead of zang zang pow with the knives.”

“Is there someone else I can talk to?”

(i could SO see Sokka's exaggerated arms motions on the 'zang! pow! and Mai's reaction was perfectly in character.)

"Azula’s friend is with Sokka.”

“Are they actually her friends?” Aang was genuinely interested.

“I don’t think that was the important part Aang.” A motherly tone filled Katara’s voice, the head pat implied if not actually preformed.

“So what- you want me to get radar now?”

“That’s not what I...never mind.”

Amazingly well done on those! Even the reference to radar is very true to the show. I've noticed a number of anachronistic bits in the actual series, so that, if anything made it feel more real.

I also really like Azula's thought shift as she's hanging from the vine at the end. Going from vengeance to (almost) regret. That was great. Excellent, EXCELLENT work on this.