Reviews for An Honourable Provision
Madame Minuit12 chapter 5 . 11/21/2011
Amelia is truely adorable :) as is this story!
JaneyBK chapter 5 . 2/2/2011
Oh dear, stopped too soon - I do wish you had continued with this!
Driney chapter 5 . 5/29/2010
I absolutely love this story, it is so well written. But I imagine that is may be too much to ask, or wonder if perhaps that it may at some point be updated, since the last update was in 2008 and it is now 2010. Wow, that seems like such long time ago. Oh well, I just wanted to say that I liked you story, though you may never even see this comment.
Mariagoner chapter 5 . 2/26/2010
This is so very charming and you give Elizabeth and Darcy's early life together a vibrancy and realism that few other authors I've read have managed. A wonderful fic! I do hope you continue this eventually.
Greenfairyrose chapter 5 . 12/11/2009
This is realy great i love this story!
kaleidoscopicepic chapter 5 . 11/18/2009
Please update! I really like this story! Thanks so much for writing, and I hope to see an alert son! :D
Shadow Cat17 chapter 5 . 10/7/2009
I really like this story and I wonder if you have finished it else where? I'm trying to read all your stories, but I'm not particularly confident on the order. But I do love it!
HawkAngel XD chapter 5 . 8/12/2009
hahahaha love the little girl, good work with this, update please!

HawkAngel
pbk chapter 5 . 2/16/2009
would love to read more of this story!
scrimshaw chapter 5 . 12/19/2008
Admitedly, some of my pleasure in "Provision" comes from having read "Chance," but there are several little gems here that sparkle with that familar "Courtship" feel. Col. Fitzwilliam's reserverations and his conversation with Elizabeth is one example. I believed his reaction here much better than when he is made to defend Elizabeth so violently by some. And I laughed at his feeling that Darcy would have his head over the conversation. Elizabeth's friends are fun creations, Milton is a perfectly dreadful OC, and the feelings Elizabeth expeirenes from her mother's and Lydia's letters are great explorations of her furthering character.

My complaint with "Provision," (aside from its brevity, which is certainly not my buisness) is its slight confusion of details. Reading "Courtship," I was not expecting introductions b/t Elizabeth and the Fitzwilliams, and one of the house calls' dialogue here happened before Georgiana's arrival, though in "Chance" she is present. And though I love little Amelia's innocence, the comment on marrying for looks is very similar (if not exactly the same) as what she said in "Courtship." These are more picky editorials, and probably have been corrected in a later draft I'm not aware of.

Whatever the case, it was enjoyable all the same, and provided some good insight into the Darcys post novel. And I applaud the very sensitive, subtle handling of the characters. My favorite description was of his look having only appeared between shadow and candlelight, and the eager grooms watching. Perfectly marvelous little bit of prose that proved less is so much more. Thanks again for a great read.
manga chapter 5 . 8/8/2008
You win. Hands down. The published continuations I've read have shown a lamentable lack of understanding of the characters and their development. Though I sometimes wish I had a pedigree chart or somesuch to follow all the relations in your works, you show a most pleasing grasp of the characters and their world.
Cla.V chapter 5 . 5/3/2008
Oh, you're such a great writer! I've already read "The Season of Courtship" and "The Talk", and I fell in love with your writing.

One of things that I love the most about your stories is that you're faithful to Jane Austen's writing style :)

I also love the way everything is tied up - I mean, everything fits - there are no lost strings in this story.

Please keep writing!

'Till next chapter,

Cla.

ps I'm really sorry about any mistakes in here; but I'm Brazilian, you see, and sometimes I forget that I can't think in Portuguese and write in English :p
Admiral Lily chapter 5 . 4/25/2008
Drat. Just when I'm really getting into it, it comes to an abrupt end. I do hope you're planning to write more. A fan you must be to write even in the style of Jane Austen. :)
Coral in the moon chapter 1 . 4/24/2008
Um, I really like this but are you planning to update?
Agent Jaid chapter 5 . 4/5/2008
Oh GOODNESS Amelia! You made me laugh. Poor Darcy! Being told that he should have married Jane and Elizabeth, to Bingley. I laugh, really. I know the story, because I read Georgy's part first, but, I am amazed at how much I am enjoying this one too! Elizabeth is bringing, as I should've expected, a completely new vision to it! and it is fun. Happy! Delightful. I like Ladies' Allendale and Caroline; they are delightful and diverting. Glee!

~ Melody