Reviews for An Insiders Knowledge of the Gateroom
SimplySupreme chapter 7 . 1/13/2013
This was awesome! The non-lead cast definitely does not get enough attention, especially when they have such potential! You did a great job of using lighthearted little stories to bring them into the limelight, so thanks for that. And thanks for posting! :D
Ridara aris mae chapter 7 . 5/8/2012
AWE-SOME
Kent Rigel chapter 4 . 7/22/2010
This might be one of the most hilarious SGA ficlets I've ever read. Ultimate kudos for the insanely clever idea and execution - if only the show had ever featured something to this effect.
Sulien1 chapter 7 . 3/6/2010
I really loved this little series. Stories from the minor and original characters POVs are often some of the most poignant and emotionally 'true'. I particularly loved this bit:

[i]"The one thing he had really noticed about Atlantis was when he was back on Earth after the Ancients had returned and taken over the city. It was when he was at his parents' place, surrounded by his brothers, sisters-in-law, and the multitudes of offspring that they had produced, he realized that it didn't feel like home anymore. It wasn't until he stepped back through the Gate and saw the stained glass window of the Gateroom that the familiar feeling of welcome and contentedness had settled through him. He was home.'[/i]

Yep, sometimes when you love your work so much and don't have the ties of a spouse and children in a different location, the job becomes your life and giving it up is like giving up a large part of your soul.
Sulien1 chapter 6 . 3/6/2010
O_O Great minds really do think alike, I see. Done this several times, got caught, only to have the NCO who caught us join us in doing the same damn thing on different occasion.
Sulien1 chapter 5 . 3/6/2010
Now that last little bit was truly lovely. I really miss that aspect of the series, which seems to have gotten lost toward the end.

Also, I agree about taking a digital camera. I can always load .txt or .pdf files of Tolkien's works onto a flash drive.
Sulien1 chapter 4 . 3/6/2010
You may not know where this one came from, but it is funnier'n all get out! "Official Judging Panel" *snickers* Actually, I can see Carter turning a blind eye and snickering behind her hand and Sheppard commenting something along the lines of "I thought the Russian judge was the one who scored everyone low".
Sulien1 chapter 3 . 3/6/2010
Yeah, that song really [i]does[/i] fit Sam incredibly well! As for the iPod, I think Atlantis has found a way to interface with it and is having a grand old time freaking poor Berryman out completely. At least the city has an accurate sense of the people who occupy her.
Sulien1 chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
Psst! The names are spelled 'Ronon' with an 'o' at the end and 'Kavanagh' with no 'u'.

Otherwise, yeah, I could see poor Sam wanting hit something after dealing with that asshat Kavanagh. :-p
Deljuj chapter 7 . 1/25/2009
fantastic, chuck is awesome.
Blueninja33 chapter 3 . 11/27/2008
Dueling Banjosperfect/brilliant!
Blueninja33 chapter 2 . 11/27/2008
Hooray Chuck! I like the "but they always get hurt" part.
Gonzo76 chapter 2 . 9/5/2008
Oh my gosh...this chapter was a hoot! Off to read some more...
ShadowDancer181 chapter 3 . 5/12/2008
Colonel Carter's song is Meredith Brooks' B*tch... A song that I listen to whenever I'm having a bad day...
drey'auc475 chapter 7 . 4/9/2008
hey. i really do like this story i like chapter 5 the best and chapter 4 is one of my favs. keep this one rollin'!