Reviews for Replacing the Pillow
LynnEGib chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
I like the picture of Katherine sleeping with her daughter
bina W chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
Hello.

This was touching and the last two lines brougt tears to my eyes.B
Ayjah chapter 1 . 5/16/2008
so beautiful but so sad :(
Drakkenfyre chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
PattyWhacked03 is just, well, whacked. You wrote a beautiful story, which I enjoyed immensely.

And a few small errors did not distract me from the emotional resonance of this story. If I have any advice to give you at all it is that, when transitioning to past perfect, you really only have to use "had" once. We'll get the idea after that.

In any case, for years I was a full-time book editor for a medium-sized press, so while Paddy might hold strong opinions, that does not make her right. I'm glad to see you fixed the error she mentioned, but her superfluous use of exclamation points attempts to hide the fact that she has no additional constructive criticism to offer.
mistyfur chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
A sad but very touching story.
addrianna818 chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
Hey dont worry, Ork is an awesome name. Love it, really sad and sweet!
PattyWhacked03 chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
I take it English isn't your native language, so I can forgive some of the errors, but there are so many! You would do well to get someone sharp at grammar to help you, especially with verb tenses and sentence structure as you have a lot of fragments. The story in and of itself isn't bad at all, but it gets lost in the poor style/grammar and there is no excuse for spelling errors!

Chakotay teaching "anthology"? I assume you mean anthropology? The planet "Ork II"? Oh come on, did he find Mork? Sorry, couldn't resist that one, but you should have!

The story has good elements, so I hope you get some help to re-work it and make it more readable.
Geek Squared 1307 chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
This story is so sad and so sweet at the same time. The ending was a surprise for me and you did a really good job of showing his emotions. Great job!

G.S.1307
Gates Hepburn chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
Sad, but oh so very sweet!

Thanks for sharing it.
Singing Violin chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
Ohh, how sweet...but with a very sad ending :( You do humor so well, and then the angst comes in and that's so good too. Thanks for posting...it's been a while, hasn't it?