Reviews for What We Have to Fear
Werde Spinner chapter 5 . 8/19/2013
Yes, a vacation sounds like a good idea. You two go out into the country and get over this whole Moran business. Heaven knows you need a break.
Werde Spinner chapter 4 . 8/19/2013
Holmes also tends to blame himself a lot, doesn't he? More than Watson, I would wager. These two... do they really just sit easily if everything that happens to the other is their fault?
Werde Spinner chapter 3 . 8/19/2013
Holmes is totally a nervous wreck. It'd be almost amusing if I didn't know the stakes.
Werde Spinner chapter 2 . 8/19/2013
I think Holmes really took the whole incident worse than Watson did - and Watson was injured twice during it. Then again, I suppose he knows all that Moran could do, while Watson does it, so it is courage in ignorance for Watson. Even so, Holmes... you really do care. And we can tell.
Werde Spinner chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
I really like being able to read about the incident from Holmes' point of view. It makes things equal, somehow, and makes for a more complete story.
cjn chapter 5 . 9/21/2012
All four of these fanfictions have left a certain phrase ringing in my head for the last two weeks, and I came back to leave this review to tell you what it is.

In Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (I can't remember if it's the book or movie), Dumbledore is talking to Harry. He says,

"After all these years, after all you've suffered, I didn't want to cause you any more pain. I cared too much about you."

This phrase just seems so appropriate for these stories of yours.
cjn chapter 5 . 9/15/2012
Wow. That's really all I can say. You completely blew me away in all four stories, but the last two in particular. They aren't really based on anything in the Canon, like the first two were.

The style sounds so much like Holmes speaking and thinking that it's almost scary (in a good way, of course), and everything that happens is so incredibly believable, that I can't really express how impressed and awed I am right now.

Watson's almost-sacrifice and Holmes' total breakdown had me tearing up a little. It shows just how deep their friendship is, and how much they care about (are willing to do for) each other.

Your four-part "trilogy" has officially been added to the shelf in my brain-attic containing all of Doyle's stories. I absolutely love the your version of what happened at Reichenbach, and how Holmes and Watson goof off in A Man's Home. I enjoy reading your fanfictions so much. You always have me laughing or crying or the biting my nails and sitting on the edge of my seat. Everyone is in character, (Lestrade and Gregson are so funny!) and the style is perfect. The storyline is wonderful, and the dialogue is fantastic. Overall, just amazing!

Sorry if the things in my review sound sort of disconnected. I'm always a little scatterbrained.

Thank you so much for writing this. You are a fantastic writer, please keep it up!
Mister D8a chapter 5 . 8/13/2012
Brilliant fourth story in your trilogy. Douglas Adams would be proud.

Well, 6 down and 101 to go.

James
lovesFanFic chapter 5 . 11/2/2010
This is good, but it's hard to tell the same story from a different POV and still provide enough new stuff to make it compelling to those who read the first version. I realize this is something of an old work for you, so I'll leave it at "thanks for the story" and the aside that you're one of my favorite authors, and that I'm grateful that you're still sharing the products of your fantastic imagination with fans like me.
sjl chapter 5 . 2/1/2010
Very nice follow up. I loved the whole methodical five-nive thing, definately Holmes-like, and the fact that he would write what he would never say, but is always implied in all of the original stories. You write very well and I look forward to reading more of your material.
shadowwolf chapter 3 . 9/30/2009
It just a little detail... But when you say "Five and nine. Five and nine" You should really say 'Five and nine. Nine and five. Five and Nine. Indicating that he was pacing from the fireplace to the window, then from Sherlock's desk to the doorway, and back again. The way you have gives me the image of him pacing all the way from the fireplace to the door, then suddenly appearing at the fireplace so he can do it again.
ShiftingWinds125 chapter 5 . 8/11/2009
That was a really good story! I loved it! Poor Holmes. I agree that he and Watson do need a holiday. You did a really good job!
Sarai chapter 5 . 2/24/2009
Nice!
bluedragon1836 chapter 5 . 1/10/2009
*sniff* DANG IT! ! Sherlock Holmes is laughing at me right now for being a sentimental, emotional fool. I know he is. But you write the best, most sweetest stories!
Spirit of the Skies chapter 5 . 9/4/2008
Geez, I totally missed this while reading that 'Greater Love' series of yours. Brilliant, though I liked Watson's POV better for the simple fact that this one doesn't show the Moran interview. Nonetheless, wonderful!

Spirit